• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

We got a rotation guy in Justin Anderson, an upgrade over Dorsey and Bembry today, I still have some hope about Bembry. He could even be a draw against Bazemore, I know sounds funny but the guy shoots well and play defense

He also actually has the body to guard 3's.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

We got a rotation guy in Justin Anderson, an upgrade over Dorsey and Bembry today, I still have some hope about Bembry. He could even be a draw against Bazemore, I know sounds funny but the guy shoots well and play defense

Think that Bembry's value is defense at three positions with some decent ball handling. He drives pretty well too. All three SFs right now seem a good fit for Pierce to me. Prince, Justin, and Bembry.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm not sure it's worth a separate thread, but do we have a Hall of Fame hallway worth of Trade-and-Buyout guys in our Hawks history?

Melo, Gary Payton, Jamal, Jamison... who else am I forgetting?

~lw3

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm not sure it's worth a separate thread, but do we have a Hall of Fame hallway worth of Trade-and-Buyout guys in our Hawks history?

Melo, Gary Payton, Jamal, Jamison... who else am I forgetting?

~lw3

Technically we traded for Nique.

Cash flow problems within the Utah Jazz organization, along with Wilkins's reluctance to play with the Jazz, led to his trade to the Atlanta Hawks several months after the draft for John Drew, Freeman Williams and $1 million in cash.[4] Despite Wilkins's reluctance to play in Utah, the trade is now considered among the most lopsided deals in NBA history, as Drew and Williams would play a combined four seasons for the Jazz.  From wikipedia.

• Moderators
Just now, thecampster said:

Sheed

Now Sheed sure dribbled in that one game for us, AND I think his was a turnaround trade deal, too (the eventual Smoove pick?) rather than a buyout... but he definitely gets an exception and goes in the list... First Ballot!

~lw3

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, GameTime said:

He also actually has the body to guard 3's.

He actually has the body... and hops... to guard 4s in a small ball line-up.

Sixers bloggers I've read really seemed to like him in that role.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Depth chart post trades/draft

Young/Lin/ either Dorsey/Adams/Maybe Robinson

Baze/Heurter/Bembry

Prince/Anderson/Morris or Cleveland

Collins/Spellman/

Dedmon/Plumlee/

Not sure who I'm missing.

Morris got waived, with the addition of Anderson, I think Cleveland may end up getting waived as well.