• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators

We all aspire to age gracefully and some of us accomplish that with better aplomb than others.

Ashley-Judd.jpg

[Photo of AHF omitted]

With the 115th pick of the draft, we are looking a slew of interesting youngsters but staring at the last remaining 2017-18 All-Star still available has us unable to resist.  He made his first All-Star team in his age 31 season last year but he has been putting up numbers like his 17 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds per game of last year for years now.  He has a healthy 17.2 PER and .117 WS/48 for his career and we expect him to post similar numbers the next couple seasons playing off the bench for the U-Niques.  For a team that we think can win now, a steady hand at the wheel coming off the bench is just something we can't pass by.  And so without further ado, the U-Niques select:

Goran Dragic

Dragic has been the leader of the Heat and a primary reason for their playoff appearances in recent years.  He scores with impressive efficiency for a point (career .560% TS%, 36.4% 3pt%) and delivers the ball on a dime.  If you test him, he will break you.

giphy.gif

And he'll do it with some style.

giphy.gif

Welcome to the team, Mr. Dragic!

PG:    Kyle Lowry    Goran Dragic
    SG:    James Harden    Markelle Fultz
    SF:    DeMar DeRozan    Andrew Wiggins
    PF:    Draymond Green    Dario Saric
    C:     Rudy Gobert    Deandre Ayton

@capstone21 is on the clock tomorrow morning along with @HopefulHawksFan

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

We all aspire to age gracefully and some of us accomplish that with better aplomb than others.

Ashley-Judd.jpg

[Photo of AHF omitted]

With the 115th pick of the draft, we are looking a slew of interesting youngsters but staring at the last remaining 2017-18 All-Star still available has us unable to resist.  He made his first All-Star team in his age 31 season last year but he has been putting up numbers like his 17 points, 5 assists and 4 rebounds per game of last year for years now.  He has a healthy 17.2 PER and .117 WS/48 for his career and we expect him to post similar numbers the next couple seasons playing off the bench for the U-Niques.  For a team that we think can win now, a steady hand at the wheel coming off the bench is just something we can't pass by.  And so without further ado, the U-Niques select:

Goran Dragic

Dragic has been the leader of the Heat and a primary reason for their playoff appearances in recent years.  He scores with impressive efficiency for a point (career .560% TS%, 36.4% 3pt%) and delivers the ball on a dime.  If you test him, he will break you.

giphy.gif

And he'll do it with some style.

giphy.gif

Welcome to the team, Mr. Dragic!

PG:    Kyle Lowry    Goran Dragic
    SG:    James Harden    Markelle Fultz
    SF:    DeMar DeRozan    Andrew Wiggins
    PF:    Draymond Green    Dario Saric
    C:     Rudy Gobert    Deandre Ayton

@capstone21 is on the clock tomorrow morning along with @HopefulHawksFan

Nice pick. Steal this late no doubt. Smart, craft scoring point guard who is unselfish and will push the ball up the court. Value steal here. AHF finds all the clearance items and hides them between some ugly ?!

Ashley is nice to ? at.

6 hours ago, AHF said:

League warning that these types of trades generally won't fly but this is close enough to pass muster so this one gets the league's stamp of approval.  

I understand and thx. I was not about to trade one of my other picks, moving down, just to move up 4 spots in the last round.

SO SORRY TO BE THE ONE HOLDING THIS THING UP!  

Two quick picks so you guys can go on...

JERAMI GRANT

He has everything you want from your PF position.  He can rebound and defend, even on switches.  He has a decent 3 pt shot (29% in 2017-18) and averaged a career-high 53.5% from the field.  He's strong in the pick and roll and great off the bench.  

Image result for jerami grant

KYLE KORVER

He doesn't need much of a write-up.  He's a legend from 3 and has aged well.  He can still make shots and play decent defense.  But in my opinion, his strongest traits for this team are his outright hussle, basketball IQ, and ability to coach others.  

Image result for kyle korver

• Like 3

Excellent pick by Cap.  I was leaning heavily toward selecting Jonas.  He's an underrated center.  Just need to show up more in big games.

But let's go off the board a little . .

For those of you are/or have housewives that like to do their own canning, or if you're a prepper preparing for a SHTF event, you may appreciate this book from the Ball Corporation.

Image result for ball corporation home canning

Being able to preserve fresh fruits and vegetables to increase their shelf life, is a great money saver.  And sometimes in basketball, you need a role playing shooter who can increase the shelf life of your team as a playoff contender, without having to break the bank to go get a superstar.

So with the 117th pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft . . . The Northcyde Ballers select

JOE INGLES

Image result for joe ingles

Don't let the look fool you.   This dude can shoot the basketball.   In fact, with a eFG% of 61% and a TS% 62%, Ingles has quickly become one of the most efficient shooters in the league.   And the shooting form should look very familiar.

He may not have the overall skill set of Larry Bird, but he can shoot that deep ball like him.  Ingles has shot 44% from 3 in the last 2 years.  His role on the Jazz has also increased, due to his versatility on defense making him an ideal team defender.  He understands the importance of playing angles, keeping his hands at least above his waist at all times, knowing the ball handling strengths of his opponent, and proper positioning to effectively play his man in isolation.

Welcome to the Ballers, Joe!!

@JayBirdHawk is up

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Excellent pick by Cap.  I was leaning heavily toward selecting Jonas.  He's an underrated center.  Just need to show up more in big games.

But let's go off the board a little . .

For those of you are/or have housewives that like to do their own canning, or if you're a prepper preparing for a SHTF event, you may appreciate this book from the Ball Corporation.

Image result for ball corporation home canning

Being able to preserve fresh fruits and vegetables to increase their shelf life, is a great money saver.  And sometimes in basketball, you need a role playing shooter who can increase the shelf life of your team as a playoff contender, without having to break the bank to go get a superstar.

So with the 117th pick in the Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft . . . The Northcyde Ballers select

JOE INGLES

Image result for joe ingles

Don't let the look fool you.   This dude can shoot the basketball.   In fact, with a eFG% of 61% and a TS% 62%, Ingles has quickly become one of the most efficient shooters in the league.   And the shooting form should look very familiar.

He may not have the overall skill set of Larry Bird, but he can shoot that deep ball like him.  Ingles has shot 44% from 3 in the last 2 years.  His role on the Jazz has also increased, due to his versatility on defense making him an ideal team defender.  He understands the importance of playing angles, keeping his hands at least above his waist at all times, knowing the ball handling strengths of his opponent, and proper positioning to effectively play his man in isolation.

Welcome to the Ballers, Joe!!

@JayBirdHawk is up

I hate you he was on my list and I want to use the ? on the Barbie line! ? Nice pick ? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With the 118th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select 21 year old  Dejounte Murray, PG.

He's a 6'-5" PG with great defensive instinct. The French Man stepped aside so he could take over the starting spot and he hasn't dissappointed.

Murray is at his best pushing the ball in transition or in the early offense, where he shows a few different gears he can utilize to attack defenses. 

Murray shows quick hands and reaction time sniffing out passes and getting in the passing lanes and was one of the better rebounding guards.

@turnermx is up and will be PM'd

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 118th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select 21 year old  Dejounte Murray, PG.

He's a 6'-5" PG with great defensive instinct. The French Man stepped aside so he could take over the starting spot and he hasn't dissappointed.

Murray is at his best pushing the ball in transition or in the early offense, where he shows a few different gears he can utilize to attack defenses. 

Murray shows quick hands and reaction time sniffing out passes and getting in the passing lanes and was one of the better rebounding guards.

@turnermx is up and will be PM'd

Nice young prospect there. Thas strong burd! ? 

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

@Buzzard will get to pick no later than 10:09 PM Eastern, unless @turnermx chimes in earlier. Just sent him a courtesy e-mail.

~lw3

I sent him one about 1/2 hour ago. I got my three players in mind; and may go ahead and make my picks tonight. That way we can move on tomorrow.

I will put together my write ups tomorrow.. I chased shooting with my last picks. I am chasing some roster balance and defense with these next two. With the 120th pick in the Dynasty draft the Flocking Buzzards select Willie Cauley-Stein. Willie will provide us with excellent defense against multiple positions; and with him and Porter coming off the bench, I think they will provide a great one two punch of good size and versatility,

willie_cauley-stein10.jpg

With the 121st pick I am taking my first old guy. Ricky Rubio will be 28 years old in October and has played seven seasons in the NBA; but I swear it seems like he has been in the NBA a decade or more. He will bring solid D, rebounding, and invaluable experience to help my two young point guards learn the NBA game; and exactly what a PG should do with his pass first, teammate first mentality. Welcome to the Flock Mr. Ricky Rubio!

ricky-rubio-031518-getty-ftrjpg_161a1k5m

• Like 3

• Premium Member

With the 122nd Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The turnermx Make it Drizzle select C Tristan Thompson.

Thompson is flexible enough a player to work with any system defensively. Switching, trapping, hedging are not a problem. 

He is often described as a guy who has an incomparable motor. 

@JayBirdHawkis up and will be PM'd

The Make it Drizzle

PG – Lillard/Thomas

SG – Murray/Huerter

SF – Covington/Anderson

PF – Davis/Spellman

C – Whiteside/Thompson

Coached by Brett Brown

• Like 1