• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

53 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Nice pick, big fan of him

Given that you spotted Oladipo so many years ago, I will take this as a great compliment. Favors was my top defender left but I can live with OG and his youth.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With the 146th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the turnermx Make it Drizzle select  Forward Danilo Gallinari!

The key issue with Gallo is his health.  He always produces whenever his body allows him to be on the floor, known more for his scoring he's also a capable defender at either forward position. The addition of Gallo if healthy will allow the Drizzle to be more flexible defensively. 

Jeff couldn't be reached for comment. He was left holding a pizza.

The turnermx Make it Drizzle

PG – Lillard/Teague/Thomas

SG – Murray/Huerter

SF – Covington/Anderson/Gallinari

PF – Davis/Spellman

C – Whiteside/Thompson

Coach: Brett Brown

Danilo-Gallinari.jpg

USATSI_8533681.jpg

@JayBirdHawk is next and will be PMd!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, turnermx said:

With the 146th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft, the turnermx Make it Drizzle select  Forward Danilo Gallinari!

The key issue with Gallo is his health.  He always produces whenever his body allows him to be on the floor, known more for his scoring he's also a capable defender at either forward position. The addition of Gallo if healthy will allow the Drizzle to be more flexible defensively. 

Jeff couldn't be reached for comment. He was left holding a pizza.

The turnermx Make it Drizzle

PG – Lillard/Teague/Thomas

SG – Murray/Huerter

SF – Covington/Anderson/Gallinari

PF – Davis/Spellman

C – Whiteside/Thompson

Coach: Brett Brown

Danilo-Gallinari.jpg

USATSI_8533681.jpg

I like Gallinari and he looked healthy in the Africa games. MVP kind of healthy.

7 hours ago, Buzzard said:

With the 145th pick in the Dynasty Draft, I am reaching for a athletic beast who has shown the ability to play lock down D at four positions. OG Anunoby would have been a sure fire lottery pick in 2017 but suffered a ACL injury that did him in for the remainder of his college season. The Raptors took him with the 23rd pick and many rated him as the steal of the draft. Even over our own John Collins who was taken 19th.

I am not going quite that far but this kid is a freak athlete and his D has already frustrated greats like James Harden and LeBron James. His FG% is respectable at .471, his 3 point shooting looks solid so far at .371, FT Shooting and rebounding needs to show the most improvement. Especially since he is now behind Kawhi Leonard and will be getting a shot at playing some small ball four. If he can improve his rebounding, a small ball four could be the perfect place for him. If not, he will eventually be a defensive monster ready to take on any teams best player. The sky is the limit for this young man. Please Welcome to the Flock OG Anunoby!

usa_today_9802837.0.jpg

I know @Spud2nique I still need a coach. I feel pretty good about still being able to draft one in the top 12! @turnermx is up and has been PMd.

Both guys on my list of 14 now 12.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

With the 147th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select  :  

F  Larry Nance Jr

Not quite as good as his Dad, yet but....He runs the floor well (1.17 points per possession in transition with the Cavs last year), rebounds well on both ends (12.1 ORB% and a 25.5 DRB% in Cleveland last year), finishes at the rim, hustles and can switch onto smaller players well enough. There are parts of his game that indicate he might still evolve into something new. 

The Lady JayBurds:

Coach Mike 'Flew the Coop' Budenholzer

PG: Kemba Walker, Dejounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdon

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Larry Nance Jr.

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen, Bam Adebayo

@TheNorthCydeRises will be PM'd

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 147th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select  :  

F  Larry Nance Jr

Not quite as good as his Dad, yet but....He runs the floor well (1.17 points per possession in transition with the Cavs last year), rebounds well on both ends (12.1 ORB% and a 25.5 DRB% in Cleveland last year), finishes at the rim, hustles and can switch onto smaller players well enough. There are parts of his game that indicate he might still evolve into something new. 

The Lady JayBurds:

Coach Mike 'Flew the Coop' Budenholzer

PG: Kemba Walker, Dejounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdon

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Larry Nance Jr.

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen, Bam Adebayo

@TheNorthCydeRises will be PM'd

Nice pick and he is going to get even more looks with Bron gone. With every pick it just reinforces my decision that no one would be left that I would really like at 165.

38 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Nice pick and he is going to get even more looks with Bron gone. With every pick it just reinforces my decision that no one would be left that I would really like at 165.

Ya my list that you single handly brought down from 14 to 12 are literally the last guys that I even like. If the rest of my 12 are gone by my last pick then I’m gonna go with a ?. I’m just putting that out there. Or will I? The dynasty head games continue... ? group of people this year I know it’s not over but I really enjoy this year’s dynasty and am thankful to have been given the chance to participate. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

With the 145th pick in the Dynasty Draft, I am reaching for a athletic beast who has shown the ability to play lock down D at four positions. OG Anunoby would have been a sure fire lottery pick in 2017 but suffered a ACL injury that did him in for the remainder of his college season. The Raptors took him with the 23rd pick and many rated him as the steal of the draft. Even over our own John Collins who was taken 19th.

I am not going quite that far but this kid is a freak athlete and his D has already frustrated greats like James Harden and LeBron James. His FG% is respectable at .471, his 3 point shooting looks solid so far at .371, FT Shooting and rebounding needs to show the most improvement. Especially since he is now behind Kawhi Leonard and will be getting a shot at playing some small ball four. If he can improve his rebounding, a small ball four could be the perfect place for him. If not, he will eventually be a defensive monster ready to take on any teams best player. The sky is the limit for this young man. Please Welcome to the Flock OG Anunoby!

usa_today_9802837.0.jpg

I know @Spud2nique I still need a coach. I feel pretty good about still being able to draft one in the top 12! @turnermx is up and has been PMd.

I got 3 coaches left on my bigboard that are available. After you take one I’ll tell you who it was...or I’ll send it to an anonymous non dynasty player to hold on to and release after you choose. It’d be fun. Matter of fact based on your team roster I’ll predict the coach you are considering. If I don’t get it I’ll get close ... ? 

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Flocking Buzzards Lineup:

PG Dennis Smith Jr
SG Bradley Beal
SF Brandon Ingram
PF Karl Anthony Towns
C  Myles Turner

Bench: Ricky Rubio, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Buddy Hield, Josh Hart, Evan Fournier, OG Anunoby, Otto Porter, Willie Cauley-Stein

I just guessed your coach. I have 2 or 3 in mind but have a fav as well.

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya my list that you single handly brought down from 14 to 12 are literally the last guys that I even like. If the rest of my 12 are gone by my last pick then I’m gonna go with a ?. I’m just putting that out there. Or will I? The dynasty head games continue... ? group of people this year I know it’s not over but I really enjoy this year’s dynasty and am thankful to have been given the chance to participate. 

You hurt my feelings Spudster " the last guys that I even like". OG is going to be a dunkfester and shot blocker extraordinaire in NBA2K and Hart has a great chance to be a well balanced player on both ends of the floor. In other words you will see a lot of "he is on fire" lol.

With my draft virtually over, I need to select one of the greatest ballers of all time, that doesn't get to play, but is a tremendous cheerleader on the bench.

I need a baller .... A TRUE BALLER.

So with the 149th selection in the Hawsquawk Dynasty Draft, the Northcyde Ballers select ...

JORDAN CRAWFORD

Write-up will come later.

@capstone21 is up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

With my draft virtually over, I need to select one of the greatest ballers of all time, that doesn't get to play, but is a tremendous cheerleader on the bench.

I need a baller .... A TRUE BALLER.

So with the 149th selection in the Hawsquawk Dynasty Draft, the Northcyde Ballers select ...

JORDAN CRAWFORD

Write-up will come later.

@capstone21 is up.

Solid pick, the Pelicans should play him more than they do.

• Admin

With the next pick Capstone’s Crew selects

Tim Hardaway Jr.

0E2DD547-1D64-4359-B3F8-E2C04B5C481D.jpeg

if he was still on the Hawks he would have been chosen 6 rounds ago.

Instant offense is what you are getting here.  Tim can hit the three or just dunk it in your face.  Learning in Buds system, Tim learned to be a good passer and developed as a defender.  He bring more versatility as he can shift to pg or sf but his natural position is SG.  Welcome to the team Timmy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I got 3 coaches left on my bigboard that are available. After you take one I’ll tell you who it was...or I’ll send it to an anonymous non dynasty player to hold on to and release after you choose. It’d be fun. Matter of fact based on your team roster I’ll predict the coach you are considering. If I don’t get it I’ll get close ... ? 

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

With the next pick Capstone’s Crew selects

Tim Hardaway Jr.

0E2DD547-1D64-4359-B3F8-E2C04B5C481D.jpeg

if he was still on the Hawks he would have been chosen 6 rounds ago.

Instant offense is what you are getting here.  Tim can hit the three or just dunk it in your face.  Learning in Buds system, Tim learned to be a good passer and developed as a defender.  He bring more versatility as he can shift to pg or sf but his natural position is SG.  Welcome to the team Timmy.

I like him and I am sure you are not paying him that much :approved:

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I have four coaches in mind right now. Still researching their backgrounds and records. Torn between a couple of old guys and young guys. There is one player I like who I think could make it to 165. If he gets picked before then will let you know. If I do not post about, you know he slid by.

• Like 1