• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets after Baze

Vol4ever

• Moderators

I want to keep seeing Baze play within himself this year.  He runs into his biggest problems when he tries to do too much.  Play solid D, move the ball, and take good shots.  Don't try to be Harden or Ginobili or anything on offense.  Hopefully he shows the maturity and mentoring that I think he is capable of.  Baze is super easy to root for and I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings this year.

• Like 4

Just now, AHF said:

I want to keep seeing Baze play within himself this year.  He runs into his biggest problems when he tries to do too much.  Play solid D, move the ball, and take good shots.  Don't try to be Harden or Ginobili or anything on offense.  Hopefully he shows the maturity and mentoring that I think he is capable of.  Baze is super easy to root for and I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings this year.

That’s what I said booby traps!

• Like 3

• Moderators

There's more talent now.  It's young and inexperienced but there are guys who can score.   I think that will help Baze be the glue guy he is.   And if Collins, Heurter, and/or Young develop quickly we maybe better than some think.  Having a rookie coach is the real wildcard here.   

• Like 2

The veteran wing showed his valuable flexibility last season to become whatever the team needed him to be on any given night in order to win. If the team needed him to create as a point guard, he did it. If the team needed him to lock down the opposing team’s best player, he did it. If the team needed him to lift them with shots from beyond the arc, he just did it.

That is the type of example you want to have around a young and impressionable team.

Bazemore is in the prime of his career, on a team that is bound for the basement of the Eastern Conference, but he’s not going to give up, and that leadership is better for this team right now than any statistic he can post.

This is the key part of the article, IMO.  This is why what he brings to the Hawks right now in terms of leadership and mentorship is more valuable than anything the Hawks will be able to get in a trade for Bazemore.  So that begs the question?  Why is Travis Schlenk hell bent on moving Bazemore?

• Like 1

The veteran wing showed his valuable flexibility last season to become whatever the team needed him to be on any given night in order to win. If the team needed him to create as a point guard, he did it. If the team needed him to lock down the opposing team’s best player, he did it. If the team needed him to lift them with shots from beyond the arc, he just did it.

That is the type of example you want to have around a young and impressionable team.

Bazemore is in the prime of his career, on a team that is bound for the basement of the Eastern Conference, but he’s not going to give up, and that leadership is better for this team right now than any statistic he can post.

This is the key part of the article, IMO.  This is why what he brings to the Hawks right now in terms of leadership and mentorship is more valuable than anything the Hawks will be able to get in a trade for Bazemore.  So that begs the question?  Why is Travis Schlenk hell bent on moving Bazemore?

Perhaps he thinks he can turn Atlanta into a free agent destination if he can free up space to bring in two max contract-worthy players. I don't see it happening, but I do believe it'd be easier to convince two players to join up rather than a single one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

we have a stupid GM.  

And he replaced a far worse one.  Far, far worse one ... and I don't even like Slink.

I want Baze here as a culture builder but I get the 'why' of trading him.  It's not outrageous.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And he replaced a far worse one.  Far, far worse one ... and I don't even like Slink.

I want Baze here as a culture builder but I get the 'why' of trading him.  It's not outrageous.

It is kind of outrageous though.  Whatever pick we get from Houston is going to be no more than a role player, unless teams just missed a true talent in the 20 - 30 pick range.

• Like 1

I like Melton though he might be the prize here. Kid should have been a first rounder imo but that fbi thing prolly hurt his stock a bit. Long wingspan and a pitbull on D. If he keeps his head on straight this USC kid could make a name for himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like Baze but he is not part of our long term future. I think that is obvious and the more suitors the merrier, Travis probably shut down the Bucks talk inside 10 minutes of the convo. Something along these lines: Here is the deal, two 1st, send us your garbage, and you can have him.

It would not surprise me one bit if the Rockets do not get Baze, some team comes out of left field to get him.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It is kind of outrageous though.  Whatever pick we get from Houston is going to be no more than a role player, unless teams just missed a true talent in the 20 - 30 pick range.

Melton plus whatever pick plus whatever we flip Anderson for could be better for us than having Baze.

Something to think about.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Houston is two years away from CP3 starting to become closer to average, The Bucks are one Freak injury from being late lottery. Memphis is getting old and one Conley or Gasol injury away from mediocrity. Then you have the potential package of picks to move in a trade.

I think the longer Houston stands still, the better our options become.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bazemore is an undrafted role player. That late first has a good chance of turning into at least a comparable player in time or being used in a trade for a much better player. Plus Melton. I like Baze a lot, but I wouldn't be mad at that trade. I doubt Morey agrees to it. They seem very high on Melton.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, High5 said:

Bazemore is an undrafted role player. That late first has a good chance of turning into at least a comparable player in time or being used in a trade for a much better player. Plus Melton. I like Baze a lot, but I wouldn't be mad at that trade. I doubt Morey agrees to it. They seem very high on Melton.

Taken 30th, hoping Spellman turns into a good role player also.

Rumor mill, just like player rankings. Who do you believe if anyone?

Sam Amick: Houston’s Carmelo Anthony signing expected to be finalized later this week – possibly tomorrow. In other Rockets rumblings, I’m told they’re not pursuing or interested in Atlanta’s Kent Bazemore, as has been reported.

14 mins ago – via Twitter

https://hoopshype.com/tag/trade/

43 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Houston is two years away from CP3 starting to become closer to average, The Bucks are one Freak injury from being late lottery. Memphis is getting old and one Conley or Gasol injury away from mediocrity. Then you have the potential package of picks to move in a trade.

I think the longer Houston stands still, the better our options become.

And the Hawks are one superstar signing away from winning the East.

The success of this year's picks will shape how the rest of the fan base view stockpiling draft picks.  Trae has to be very good ( not a star, but above average for a rookie ), and one of either Huerter or Spellman has to be good as well.