• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No 1st game Preseason Love.. Is anybody going?

sillent

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Alex Len per 36 tonight was 20 rebounds and 10 blocks.....roll that around your head for a minute.

May just be a late bloomer who needed a change.  Phoenix will dampen your spirit.  His defensive metrics are there.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This pass....:smile:

That right there! That pass is what I’m talking about when I say I haven’t seen too many prospects in the last 30+ years coming out of the draft with this kind of ability to pass the rock with ease. 

Even better than this one was the one he threw off the backboard to Collins precisely over Randle’s head! Ooooohhhhhhh weeeeeeeeee! I got chills on these two passes.

I’m very excited about our present and future! So happy bball is back!

GO HAWKS!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thecampster said:

Alex Len per 36 tonight was 20 rebounds and 10 blocks.....roll that around your head for a minute.

You called this from mid summer if I recall correctly. It’s just one game but this could be his resurrection destination and he can live up to that #5 overall selection. Great start Len.

Deandre Bembry showed up. I have to admit I keep wanting to dismiss him and put people ahead of him as far as minutes but if he plays like this it’s tough to keep him on the line specially for a defensive minded coach like LP. Kudos to Bembry as well for having a Swiss Army knife game and being able to make that pretty two handed three quarter court pass to Huerter for the layup. That was ?!

Also, Vince Carter with the pretty turnaround and nice overall night looking spry.

• Like 2

Got to see the team at GT last night. Overall the team looked really good against New Orleans.   When it was starters against starters, the Hawks were trading leads or down by a few against one of the better teams of the west.  John Collins held his own against A.D. point for point. Collins was clearly the best player for the team last night. He and Trae had a good chemistry together.  Trae struggled with his jumper, however, found success by driving to the basket and his assists.  He should start with layups first, then his jumper will come as he relaxes more. 

Bembry looked awesome and played within himself. He played point often and did not turn the ball over. Even old skool Vince good last night.    Kevin Heurter did not play well, he looked like a rook last night. Don't think he scored.  Prince looked good.

Jeremy Lin looked like he was learning to trust his body again on the court.  He got more comfortable the longer he stayed in the game.  It was clear that our bench was way deeper than NO's bench. That may be the difference for the Hawks this year.  Said it before and will say it again, we will not be the cellar team of the league this year.  

• Like 3

FUNNY  - - - BUT  GREAT !!

Strange, isn't it.  Almost everyone had the Atlanta Hawks buried in last place before the first bounce of the ball in pre season.

Then, behold!  They take the floor in the first game.  They do not look dead.  They do not simply roll over, trembling in fear, and fade away.

Sure.  It's only pre season.  What did we expect?  Lloyd Pierce may not be as stupid as feared.  It just may be possible that Trae Young can make an assist or two.  We may find that all our youngsters are not as helpless as feared.  Alex Len may, in fact, be able to play a little. 

And, that older kid may have a minute or two left in his body.  Vince Carter actually did get on the floor and play.  With four players recovering, our remaining guys showed that they are going to shine, despite all the gloom and doom we have heard.  Sure, it's pre season - - But, come on!  At least, for one night, Hawks were good!  They may not be #30 (the worst NBA team) after all.  Just slightly better.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:biggrin:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Okay, I see you Jay.  Research game sturdy.  You got a ways to go to achieve Lethal Status though kiddo.

Haha...I just go for the quick hit simple stat, @lethalweapon3 does some deep dive ish that always leave me saying 'mmm never knew that' . He is the :king2:

• Like 1

The only thing that worries me is Trae's inefficiency as a scorer. We always criticize high volume/low percentage scorers. Well we can't give Trae a pass just because he's our boy. I know his shots will probably start to fall, but he's having trouble open. When youre a smaller guard you really have to work, I hope he can figure it out.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The only thing that worries me is Trae's inefficiency as a scorer. We always criticize high volume/low percentage scorers. Well we can't give Trae a pass just because he's our boy. I know his shots will probably start to fall, but he's having trouble open. When youre a smaller guard you really have to work, I hope he can figure it out.

Trae just needs to focus on getting his teammates going and stop shooting so much unless he is hot.

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

His shot selection still needs work. He will become more efficient as his shot improves. I think he has to learn/get comfortable with NBA defenders and get a feel for just how much space he’s going to need getting his jumper off.