• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Challenge For The Mods & Other Squawkers!!

sillent

I challenge the mods to create a ranking system separate from the regular ranking for the posters with the most accurate predicting post. It's easy to jump on band wagons or say you knew that in hindsight but I challenge a ranking for those who have the best foresight. Post from the draft until the end of the regular season should be counted and all are eligible to display past post as proof to boost scores and tallies. The older/oldest correct post relevant to the season should get more points and if applicable post season hawk post can also be included in overall ranking.

For the longest I've been saying 39 wins this year but I'm starting to think I was wrong and it will be more like 43. I still think possibly higher but time will tell. A statement like this will probably put me at 1st if we do or last if we're no where near that. I think it'd be fun, engaging and give some bragging rights to the squawkers with the best foresight.  

To get the party started it's some squawkers that really thought we should get Alex Len this year. I personally didn't want him but after getting him and scouting him I think he will be a plus for our team. They should get some points for predicting he would be on our team. There are plenty examples like this but it's up to the squawkers to pull up their points that came true (possibly also with mods help) to get this ranking rolling.

• Premium Member

I do agree with you that the Hawks will be a pretty good team, I'm not ready to assign a win total yet.  Some feel very strongly that this is some type of experimental/developmental year and frankly I don't even know what that means.  I do know that we have several very good pieces on this team and at least I am starting to see how they fit together.  If Trae becomes the facilitator he is capable of becoming, you'll see a bunch of band wagoners doing exactly what you accurately described....They'll just jump on and pretend they have been there all along.

• Like 1

My expectations for this team is extremely low.  And normally, I'm one of the people who tries to be optimistic.  I think I predicted 55 wins after the 60 win season.

My predictions

• 21 - 61 record
  • Trae Young struggles to shoot the ball until January, when things start to become a little easier for him the 2nd half of the year.  Because he really lights it up in March, he'll make 2nd team All-Rookie
  • John Collins gets very close to averaging a double-double for the season and has a good year overall.  I say he's a 16 pt - 9 reb guy
  • Taurean Prince or Kent Bazemore ( or both ) are traded before the trade deadline
  • Vince Carter scores over 150 points for the season, putting him past the 25,000 point mark for his career
  • Either Omari Spellman or Kevin Huerter turns out to be a complete bust
  • The Hawks lead the league in pace, but finish in the bottom 5 in Offensive Efficiency

Hawks, PLEASE prove me dead wrong in all of this, except for Collins.

Nothing has changed that much for the old man.  I've said all along that half of our games would result in victories.  That's a 41-41 record.

Some things that can change this in a hurry.  A trade or multiple trades.  We've been told that Dedmon and Bazemore are out there, waiting for the right offer and they will be gone.  This will change everything.

Health plays a big part of the season.  The Hawks appear to be deeper than they were last season.  Some of our bench players were G League players.  Our bench players this season appear to be a little better than that.  Atlanta has a state of the art health facility and have imported Chelsea Lane to oversee this portion of our Hawk team.  I take this to be a big plus for our side.

Then, there is the health of all our opponents.  The loss of a star player for an extended time could move that team's position in the standings.  This could kick in that trade of Hawk players, messing up everything.

I assumed that the brains of the Hawks knew what they were doing in the draft.  This leads me to believe that our draft picks will all turn out good.  Same thing applies to the other players we signed or traded for.  Naturally, how all the new pieces fit together depends on Lloyd Pierce and his assistants.

Finally, if our GM decides to flush our veterans because we are looking too good and he afraid we will not have a good draft pick, this will suck all the goodie out of our season.  Let's hope this doesn't happen.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 1

• Moderators

YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME???? lol

We could create a thread with a poll and like 10 questions.  5 points for correct predicitions and you lose 3 points for being incorrect.

Everybody can suggest questions to be added. Then we'll run the poll until season's begin, lock the thread for the season, and then re-examine it at season's end. Capisce?

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

YOU DARE CHALLENGE ME???? lol

We could create a thread with a poll and like 10 questions.  5 points for correct predicitions and you lose 3 points for being incorrect.

Everybody can suggest questions to be added. Then we'll run the poll until season's begin, lock the thread for the season, and then re-examine it at season's end. Capisce?

Yeah, this is not a mod challenge.  We have prediction threads every year so put yours together however you want and if you need reasonable mod support we'll be happy to give it.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yeah, this is not a mod challenge.  We have prediction threads every year so put yours together however you want and if you need reasonable mod support we'll be happy to give it.

One of your constituents has graciously asked for your help and this is your response?  Interesting.

#kg4mod2018

:happy:

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

One of your constituents has graciously asked for your help and this is your response?  Interesting.

#kg4mod2018

:happy:

C'mon guy.  We have prediction threads every year that people go back to and give out praise and well deserved ribbings.  A fun part of the site.

At least we only have 3 more months of kg (4mod2018) doing his best 

maxresdefault.jpg

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

C'mon guy.  We have prediction threads every year that people go back to and give out praise and well deserved ribbings.  A fun part of the site.

At least we only have 3 more months of kg (4mod2018) doing his best 

It's starting in '18, btw.  No term limits.

Also would be great to have a tool in the system where other people can’t copy your predictions. It seems every time I make a certain prediction there’s a lady on this site, I won’t say who, that copies or gets close to my predictions and uses them as her own. For example,

I say Prince will have a breakout year....she says the same.

I say we win ___ amount of games, she does as well.

In my mind I should be honored to have her follow in my shadow but lately she’s just become too much.

Again, not naming names...

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was a fun read:

For those interested here were last year's predictions:

And the votes are in.  Here are our official predictions:

Poster Wins EC Finish Playoffs Dennis A/TO Other
Wurider 45 ? ECF N/A N/A
IsoJoe 39 7 2nd Round N/A Bud COTY, Collins 1st All-Rookie, Dedmon All Defensive 2nd Team
rd79 35 8 ECF 3.1 N/A
Wretch 35 8 Make N/A 4th in SE
Jdawgflow 35 10 N/A N/A Collins 1st All-Rookie; Dennis traded; Baze benched; FO controversy
TheFuzz 35 N/A N/A N/A N/A
LamarHampton 34 12 N/A 2.6 12th in East; Dwight has two big games against us and somone gets physical in one
DS5 34 (close to 8) N/A N/A Dedmon MIP votes; Collins 1st All-Rookie
ATLien 33 11 N/A 2.69 Baze top 10 MIP; Bembry top 5 MIP
JTB 33 N/A N/A N/A N/A
marco102 33 N/A N/A N/A N/A
hazer 32 10 N/A 2 N/A
ISO 32 N/A N/A N/A N/A
StephenHawking 31 10 N/A N/A 5th pick
ATLSmith 31 12 N/A 2.7 N/A
thecampster 30 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Buzzard 30 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Alex 29 N/A N/A N/A Bud's last season with team
AHF 28 13 N/A 1.9 Collins 1st All-Rookie
Sothron 28 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Lurker 28 N/A N/A N/A N/A
frosgrim 27 15 N/A N/A 28th in NBA
High5 26 13 N/A N/A N/A
lethalweapon3 25 13 N/A N/A 26th in NBA; Collins 1st Team Rookie; Dedmon and Prince get MIP votes
capstone21 24 14 N/A N/A N/A
KB21 23 14 N/A N/A 28th in NBA
Dejay 23 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Watchman 23 N/A N/A N/A N/A
Diesel 22 15 N/A N/A N/A
sturt 17 15 N/A 1.66  
BrazilianHawk 11 15 N/A 2.15 30th in NBA
RandomFan ??   Make the playoffs    

• Like 2

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Also would be great to have a tool in the system where other people can’t copy your predictions. It seems every time I make a certain prediction there’s a lady on this site, I won’t say who, that copies or gets close to my predictions and uses them as her own. For example,

I say Prince will have a breakout year....she says the same.

I say we win ___ amount of games, she does as well.

In my mind I should be honored to have her follow in my shadow but lately she’s just become too much.

Again, not naming names...

:er: The 'Lurker' should really stop doing that to you Spud:smile3:....there is nothing to gain following you except some shade that's cast from your very fat shadow .

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:er: The 'Lurker' should really stop doing that to you Spud:smile3:....there is nothing to gain following you except some shade that's cast from your very fat shadow .

You sure Spud is the one throwing shade?

• Like 1