• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FiveThirtyEight | Hawks 2018-19 will win 28, not finish last in East, and actually have 6% shot at playoffs (!)

sturt

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

It is 100% fact.  I don't misspeak.

You keeping using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means :deke:

• Like 3

Compared to most of the other bad teams, our roster at least makes sense and appears solidly coached. We're Young (Trae Young), so I wouldn't be surprised if we have the worst record, but the THEORY of our roster makes more sense than the Knicks, or the Magic, or the Kings. Those rosters are dumpster fires.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, High5 said:

Or when he said the Sixers wouldn't make the playoffs, then that they wouldn't win 50, and then that wouldn't beat Miami. The guy knows a lot about college basketball (at least I don't watch enough to dispute him), but he's out of his element when it comes to the NBA. I'm guessing the goalposts will be airlifted to a different country or he'll simply disappear in a year or two. 

We can only hope the latter comes true.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, KB21 said:

It is 100% fact.  I don't misspeak.

You are not a moron.

But you do make moronic statements.

That might be among your most moronic.

Coach Krzyzewski, incidentally, called to ask me to post that.

He's bothered that you evidently don't consider him a "credible" coach.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sturt said:

You are not a moron.

But you do make moronic statements.

That might be among your most moronic.

Coach Krzyzewski, incidentally, called to ask me to post that.

He's bothered that you evidently don't consider him a "credible" coach.

Thinking that this team is not still tanking, and that Lloyd Pierce is a rising star among coaches is what I find to be moronic statements.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Thinking that this team is not still tanking, and that Lloyd Pierce is a rising star among coaches is what I find to be moronic statements.

Keith, you know you don't know what you are talking about. Why are you so hard headed about it? I seen your posts on the Miami Dolphins forum. You were being stubborn there too

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Keith, you know you don't know what you are talking about. Why are you so hard headed about it? I seen your posts on the Miami Dolphins forum. You were being stubborn there too

Did your source tell you that?

I think this is fair. Projection models aren't supposed to be exact and don't factor in things like holding players out because they're a little nicked up and we don't care if we win or lose (not a reference to Collins again). 

So if it were to mostly go as planned with few player holdouts then I'd expect the deviation to be about 25-31 wins.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, KB21 said:

Lousy attempt at deflection since I've never said either one of those because I don't believe either one of those.

Back to what we were actually discussing... what was it???

Oh yeah.

Credibility.

To have some, a starting point is to cause trust among those reading your schtick that you're actually trying to have an adult conversation in good faith.

I think at this point you either ARE a moron after all... ie, actually incapable of understanding fact vs opinion, objective vs subjective even after having the rationale of your opinion blown away...

Or alternatively, you're just yanking people's chains for the sheer enjoyment of watching responses and pot-stirring. And if that's case as I suspect it is, that's just not classy behavior.

People should be able to expect the respect found in genuine conversation, not the condescension of one person merely contributing with mockery and with no regard for his own credibility.

Because I'm fairly certain the latter is true at this point, I'm done unless/until a more genuine more intelligent person appears here under the username KB21, and prepared to engage in credible... there's that word again... credible conversation.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, KB21 said:

I disagree, and it is based on this simple fact.  No credible coach is going to take a job in an intentional tanking situation where he knows he is going to lose.  No credible coach was going to touch this job with a 10 foot pole this off season.  The Hawks couldn't even get to the table with Etorre Messina, who would have been by far the best choice to replace Mike Budenholzer.  

Lol. Stevens too the Boston job even though they jettisoned all talent. They were tanking but had to tank less hard cause they found an idiot to do it for them. This is facts. Your infatuated with bud we get it but no need to say pierce will fail. If Trae becomes passable on defense which is the biggest concern with him then pierce will get credit. 

12 hours ago, Royjr9 said:

Lol. Stevens too the Boston job even though they jettisoned all talent. They were tanking but had to tank less hard cause they found an idiot to do it for them. This is facts. Your infatuated with bud we get it but no need to say pierce will fail. If Trae becomes passable on defense which is the biggest concern with him then pierce will get credit. 

Except that Boston did not tank.  Brad Stevens made it very clear to them before he was hired that he would not take the job if they were tanking.  

12 hours ago, sturt said:

Lousy attempt at deflection since I've never said either one of those because I don't believe either one of those.

Back to what we were actually discussing... what was it???

Oh yeah.

Credibility.

To have some, a starting point is to cause trust among those reading your schtick that you're actually trying to have an adult conversation in good faith.

I think at this point you either ARE a moron after all... ie, actually incapable of understanding fact vs opinion, objective vs subjective even after having the rationale of your opinion blown away...

Or alternatively, you're just yanking people's chains for the sheer enjoyment of watching responses and pot-stirring. And if that's case as I suspect it is, that's just not classy behavior.

People should be able to expect the respect found in genuine conversation, not the condescension of one person merely contributing with mockery and with no regard for his own credibility.

Because I'm fairly certain the latter is true at this point, I'm done unless/until a more genuine more intelligent person appears here under the username KB21, and prepared to engage in credible... there's that word again... credible conversation.

I have no respect for anyone who supports tanking.  Bottom line.

• Premium Member

Example of fact: Mike Krzyzewski first became a head coach for a 3-win Army program in 1975.

Example of an opinion: Krzyzewski is not a credible coach because he took a job for a program with little expectation that his team would have to compete for a conference title.

Example of another opinion: Lloyd Pierce is not a credible coach because he took a job for a program with little expectation that his team would have to compete for a conference title.

Example of another fact: GM Travis Schlenk, at the opening news presser for training camp last month indicated that the Atlanta Hawks' first priority in 2018-19 is player development.

Example of a reasoned, widely-held opinion, but not a "fact" as defined by any dictionary: Based on Schlenk's comments, the Hawks can be considered to be "tanking" again for the 2018-19 season.

Example of just an opinion: The Hawks will not be making the playoffs their first priority next season.

Example of just another opinion: The Hawks will not be capable of making the playoffs for the next several years.

It's no mystery why it's so important to KB21 to attempt to confound the difference between the two terms, fact and opinion.

Similarly, it's no mystery why, when pinned down with questions that are difficult for him to answer with any integrity, KB21 starts the rhetorical whack-a-mole thing, and deflects to try to circle back to other assertions, hoping no one will notice.

Fat chance.

What is a mystery, still, is whether KB21 truly doesn't understand (I really doubt that), or if he's just having fun, enjoying watching normal everyday Hawks fans word-wrestle with him.

• Like 3