• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- The Season-Opener!

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, getting hammered by a very bad team is fun huh?  

It’s 1 game, they only have to win 1/3 of them to finish with 28 wins. I challenge you to show up and post as much as you have tonight during each win. And not utter a word about tanking. 

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

It’s 1 game, they only have to win 1/3 of them to finish with 28 wins. I challenge you to show up and post as much as you have tonight during each win. And not utter a word about tanking. 

That won't be very often then.  

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Like I said, once every 4 games. Show up, you can do it ??

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Just now, hazer said:

Edit: once every 3 games

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dallas/Cleveland dont look much better than the Hawks..Not good. We need those picks...But its early in the season so.........Not gonna panic.

Dallas will still finish in the 6-10 range.  They aren't good, but they aren't terrible like the Hawks.

The Hawks were never going to get the Cleveland pick.  When LeBron left, that sunk Cleveland.  They should have used it as a trade chip to get a veteran in that could help this team win some games.

1 minute ago, hazer said:

...and when this team is 1-12 here in a few weeks, remind me of this.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Dallas will still finish in the 6-10 range.  They aren't good, but they aren't terrible like the Hawks.

The Hawks were never going to get the Cleveland pick.  When LeBron left, that sunk Cleveland.  They should have used it as a trade chip to get a veteran in that could help this team win some games.

How you gonna use it as a trade chip if it was worthless after LBJ left?

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dallas/Cleveland dont look much better than the Hawks..Not good. We need those picks...But its early in the season so.........Not gonna panic.

Dallas will win 28 games. Then again, l think we will as well. So much for them depends on Barnes health

1 minute ago, terrell said:

How you gonna use it as a trade chip if it was worthless after LBJ left?

Travis Schlenk isn't the only idiot GM in the NBA.  There are others that can be taken advantage of like teams take advantage of Travis.

Just now, NBASupes said:

Yep. I watched Cleveland

Their not 1-6 awful. But they are not a playoff caliber team. Unlikely we see that pick.

Its still possible imo. They could fight for 8th seed..

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Travis Schlenk isn't the only idiot GM in the NBA.  There are others that can be taken advantage of like teams take advantage of Travis.

Stop twisting shit. lol

Just now, terrell said:

Its still possible imo. They could fight for 8th seed..

It's going to be hard. Now a team that could tremendously regress is Miami. They look like a shell of their team a couple of years ago. Dudes got paid and lack the same hunger 

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

...and when this team is 1-12 here in a few weeks, remind me of this.

That’s cute. And when they’re 4-9, will that still mean you never misspeak? Like when you misspoke that 76ers wouldn’t make playoffs? But moved the goalposts when they they did that they’d never beat Miami and advance beyond the first round. You misspeak at least half the time, like all of us. Like I said, show up for every win as much as you did for this 1 loss. And have something come out of your mouth other than tank. I challenge you to be credible.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

He only showed back up because Bud and the Bucks were able to hold on by a thread vs Marvin. lol

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

He only showed back up because Bud and the Bucks were able to hold on by a thread vs Marvin. lol

Bud is 1-0 on his way to leading the Bucks to a top 3 seed and the playoffs.

Pierce is 0-1 on his way to leading the Hawks to a top 3 draft pick.

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

That’s cute. And when they’re 4-9, will that still mean you never misspeak? Like when you misspoke that 76ers wouldn’t make playoffs? But moved the goalposts when they they did that they’d never beat Miami and advance beyond the first round. You misspeak at least half the time, like all of us. Like I said, show up for every win as much as you did for this 1 loss. And have something come out of your mouth other than tank. I challenge you to be credible.

You do know what credible means, don't you?  Because I don't see anyone on here more credible than I am when it comes to the Hawks.  Everything that I have said about them and this process has been proven to be true.  Don't forget that I was the one that told you that tanking was going to cost this team Mike Budenholzer, and I'm also the one that told you the team was drafting Trae Young and Kevin Huerter well before the draft.