• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- The Season-Opener!

lethalweapon3

Dedmon and Collins were sorely missed.  Defense didn't exist.  Pressure on Trae all night with sometimes double teaming.

Lots and lots of easy to make shots missed.  Junior for the Knickerbockers was so hot that he earned the game ball tonight.  But, he wasn't the only one in the "can't miss" mode. 

Already looking forward to the next game and the appearance of all our players out with injuries.  We ain't this bad.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Dedmon and Collins were sorely missed.  Defense didn't exist.  Pressure on Trae all night with sometimes double teaming.

Lots and lots of easy to make shots missed.  Junior for the Knickerbockers was so hot that he earned the game ball tonight.  But, he wasn't the only one in the "can't miss" mode. 

Already looking forward to the next game and the appearance of all our players out with injuries.  We ain't this bad.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

The defense isn't going to be there all year.  There isn't a single strong defender on this team.  I mean, DeAndre Bembry is probably the only guy on the team who can be really good with his on the ball defense.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

The defense isn't going to be there all year.  There isn't a single strong defender on this team.  I mean, DeAndre Bembry is probably the only guy on the team who can be really good with his on the ball defense.  

Unfortunately, this is correct.   And that's why even if they play well on offense, they can still lose games.

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sad, but true.  Hopefully, they will learn.  The return of our two big men couldn't hurt.  Also, every team ain't going to play "can't miss" for an entire quarter.

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This, I can agree with

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Unfortunately, this is correct.   And that's why even if they play well on offense, they can still lose games.

There will not be many nights where this team plays well on offense, and this is by design.  The style they are playing combined with their youth isn't a good mix.  Most nights will be turnover prone with youthful bad shots.  This is their vector for losing.  That and faking injuries.

6 minutes ago, DBac said:

Luka looks really good. Defense better at least bring it for one game because if they don't the Hawks are gonna get embarrassed big time.

Luka is a baller. I like his offensive skillset more than Young but Young is going to be more impactful in the long run

This team may not even get to my projection in wins.  I felt like this team had a chance to be as bad as the 13 win team from 2004, but I may have given them too much credit.  18 wins is going to be tough to get.  They are looking squarely at a 1-12 start at this point.  

• Premium Member

That was a flat out embarrassment. We gave up what 50 points just in the second quarter? You give the other team credit for just being hot with shooting but there was a lot of lazy defense and switching to enable open shots. Too many turnovers. We really missed Collins and Dedmon to give Len some rest. 

No need to go crazy over one bad loss but there's no sugarcoating this game either. It was a bad loss.

There wasn't much to like on the court, but Pierce was sharp in the post game. Big improvement over Bud in that regard. Hopefully over the course of the season we see better defense and ball security. It's going to take time with this roster. 

1 minute ago, High5 said:

There wasn't much to like on the court, but Pierce was sharp in the post game. Big improvement over Bud in that regard. Hopefully over the course of the season we see better defense and ball security. It's going to take time with this roster. 

Yeah, because as we all know, looking good at your losing press conference is all that matters.  Championship!!

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah, because as we all know, looking good at your losing press conference is all that matters.  Championship!!

Sharp in what he said, not the way he was dressed. Also, you're the most predictable person on this planet.

• Like 1