• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- The Season-Opener!

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bud is 1-0 on his way to leading the Bucks to a top 3 seed and the playoffs.

Pierce is 0-1 on his way to leading the Hawks to a top 3 draft pick.

Great. Hope youre right about the Hawks getting a top 3 pick..Couldnt care less about Milwaukee..But they wont be top 3..Boston/Toronto/Philly/are all better imo..Indiana/Milwaukee/Wiz next tier...

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Travis Schlenk isn't the only idiot GM in the NBA.  There are others that can be taken advantage of like teams take advantage of Travis.

Why the f....do you come on a message board to espouse your hate of the GM  and team and act like you are a fan for so long? Your schtick is the most boring and maddening crap on this board.  I give you the benefit of the doubt when you bring solid arguments, but why dont you join another teams fan base?  I'm sure you'd bring more to them.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You do know what credible means, don't you?  Because I don't see anyone on here more credible than I am when it comes to the Hawks.  Everything that I have said about them and this process has been proven to be true.  Don't forget that I was the one that told you that tanking was going to cost this team Mike Budenholzer, and I'm also the one that told you the team was drafting Trae Young and Kevin Huerter well before the draft.

I do, and you’re utterly delusional. And painfully un-self-aware.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

This has aged well.

A really disappointing start. No one played well after the 1st quarter and so much for the veteran leadership and depth. Just one game and the 1st of the season; plenty of time to get things right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hazer said:

Like I said, once every 4 games. Show up, you can do it ??

Edit: once every 3 games

LOL . . I was about to say.  If it's once every 4 games, that dude will be right about everything he's saying.

At some point, we're just going to have to admit that KB is right about this team and its direction, until the team and management proves him wrong.   We did the bare minimum in free agency, and most teams that are this young are historically extremely bad teams.

Let's see if the Hawks can change this trajectory.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, DBac said:

Luka looks really good. Defense better at least bring it for one game because if they don't the Hawks are gonna get embarrassed big time.

I find it funny that Hawk fans are willing to compliment other team's player while criticizing their own when both Trae and Doncic had the exact same stats and the exact same game result.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, deester11 said:

Why the f....do you come on a message board to espouse your hate of the GM  and team and act like you are a fan for so long? Your schtick is the most boring and maddening crap on this board.  I give you the benefit of the doubt when you bring solid arguments, but why dont you join another teams fan base?  I'm sure you'd bring more to them.

Why would I do that and miss the opportunity to remind you that I told you all of this would happen?

Want to know how to end this?  Get some veteran players that know how to win in this league.  Bring Paul Millsap back after this year.  Sign another 3-4 veteran players.  Trade some of these draft picks for veterans.  Get rid of Lloyd Pierce and bring in a real head coach that isn't just a rah rah guy.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . I was about to say.  If it's once every 4 games, that dude will be right about everything he's saying.

At some point, we're just going to have to admit that KB is right about this team and its direction, until the team and management proves him wrong.   We did the bare minimum in free agency, and most teams that are this young are historically extremely bad teams.

Let's see if the Hawks can change this trajectory.

Agree.   We are ALL fans and I dont agree with the tank at all, but we all have our opinions.   Pierce and the staff really looked disorganized and the team was out of control, no leadership.   Hopefully its just the first game and things will come together a little better.  I put out there I believe we would win 22 games and I still believe that until proven wrong.  This is regular season and not summer league or preseason.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Why would I do that and miss the opportunity to remind you that I told you all of this would happen?

Want to know how to end this?  Get some veteran players that know how to win in this league.  Bring Paul Millsap back after this year.  Sign another 3-4 veteran players.  Trade some of these draft picks for veterans.  Get rid of Lloyd Pierce and bring in a real head coach that isn't just a rah rah guy.

made a mistake letting Bud go.   Bud wants to win and didnt want to be in a loosing situation and I dont blame him.  Pierce jumped on the job because he has never been a head coach and the Hawks hired him for stop gap and he was cheap.  

8 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

made a mistake letting Bud go.   Bud wants to win and didnt want to be in a loosing situation and I dont blame him.  Pierce jumped on the job because he has never been a head coach and the Hawks hired him for stop gap and he was cheap.  

Bud is a top 2 coach in the Eastern Conference and a top 5 coach in the NBA.  The Hawks were foolish to do anything that would make him want to walk out the door.

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

The way @Vol4everand @KB21 are celebrating...One wound think that the Hawks were the only team that lost big last night and Milwaukee blew out Golden state!

Im not celebrating :argh:, it makes me sick to lose to a crap Knick team and what this organiztion has allowed to happen to my team.  

• Like 2