• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do we have to allow for the possibility that CLE is just that bad?

sturt

• Premium Member

Taking nothing away from the fact that we played well, I think we might have to acknowledge this early on that perhaps CLE played as well in that 1st quarter as they are capable of playing. I hate to say that. And particularly so, since there's a draft pick waiting in the wings that won't be ours if they're that bad.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, sturt said:

Taking nothing away from the fact that we played well, I think we might have to acknowledge this early on that perhaps CLE played as well in that 1st quarter as they are capable of playing. I hate to say that. And particularly so, since there's a draft pick waiting in the wings that won't be ours if they're that bad.

We were predicted to win 18 games and finish with the worst record in the league by someone who use to post regularly around here especially in the tank thread.  Therefore we were suppose to be the team with the least amount talent and most amount of youth especially without our starting front court.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sturt said:

I think this is something we should acknowledge.  Still, there have been worse teams and better rookies-against who haven't yielded such results.

IOW, take your wet blanket and shove it. :argh:

(Just messing with you, sturt.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'll say that the Cavs defense was as bad as ours was the 1st 2 games. I'm just hoping they aren't as bad as they looked yesterday. I want that pick.

• Like 3

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I'll say that the Cavs defense was as bad as ours was the 1st 2 games. I'm just hoping they aren't as bad as they looked yesterday. I want that pick.

Can't like this post enough.

I'm going to keep telling myself that our rookies just whooped the defending Eastern Conference Champions without 2 of our starters and continue on in my state of bliss. I'm deliberately going to ignore the fact that 23 is no longer with them. Our rookies and us as fans needed to see that win last night. I'm not going to overthink it.  

• Like 1

Cavs are bad. That pick is toast. Ice Trae still had one of the best rookie games in a quarter century. As KG said: better rookies have done less against worse teams. The Young’n for real y’all ✨

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, hazer said:

Cavs are bad. That pick is toast. Ice Trae still had one of the best rookie games in a quarter century. As KG said: better rookies have done less against worse teams. The Young’n for real y’all ✨

So, if I read you correctly, you also want @sturt to take a long walk off a short pier? :happy:

Just kidding ...

• Moderators
3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Cavs are bad but they shouldn't be this bad.  

I'm worried.  On paper they seem like they should be fighting for the 8th seed.  This will kind of cement Love's legacy for me.  Is he empty numbers or can he really drive a team to success?

• Premium Member

I normally gave us until December before I felt like our season's destiny was pretty well understood. So, answering my own question, I'm going to wait a few weeks before getting too worried about how CLE is going to turn out overall. But that team we played last night looked like they had no answers defensively.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, sturt said:

I normally gave us until December before I felt like our season's destiny was pretty well understood. So, answering my own question, I'm going to wait a few weeks before getting too worried about how CLE is going to turn out overall. But that team we played last night looked like they had no answers defensively.

They have plenty of time to right the ship but I'm worried.

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm worried.  On paper they seem like they should be fighting for the 8th seed.  This will kind of cement Love's legacy for me...

They’re washed.  Hood, Clarkson, and Hill all need the ball and great coaching to defend up to their ability.  Good luck with that.  Thompson and JR are washed without Father LeBron, huge void at SF.  Love can earn some respect back if he continues  to beast on the glass like he used to but the intangibles just aren’t there to lead them to an improbable 8th seed.

21 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Cavs and Hawks.  Two players - DNP-Coaches decision.  Could we arrange a swap?  Please!!  Plumlee for Korver.  What do you think?

:approved:  -  :biggrin:

Im all in on this one ?

• Like 1

On 10/23/2018 at 9:42 AM, Guard said:

I’m just glad the Mavs are too good to be picking in the top 5. I predict Cleveland will be in tank mode after the deadline. They look terrible. 

Mavs could be a bottom 5 team. They're getting spanked by Utah's bench right now.