• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks’ Omari Spellman addresses 2018 NBA Draft rumor involving Josh Hart, Rob Pelinka

pimp

• Admin
16 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

I enjoy hearing of the Lakers dumpster fire. Two things I dislike almost equally, LeBron and the Priveledged Lakers franchise. I hope they rain in the hole for decades

They are beyond a mess and no one want to play with Lebron.  

• Like 1

Never thought I’d see LA Lakers become the worse managed franchise in any era.

pelinka is a mess! Lol it’s absolutely horrible! Seriously he’s worse than any gm the hawks ever had in my opinion. Hell I’d take billy king over pelinka any day!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

But yet national sports news outlets continue to promote the lie that every free agent wants to be in LA or NY! Lol!

Throw MIA on that list too.  Other than Lebron being unable to attract Wade/Bosh to CLE, when was the last time MIA actually got a big name free agent?  Tell me.

On topic, this topic made it onto NBARadio this morning.  Scalabrine thought it was bogus how they threw Hart's name out but never said what he actually said.  Thought they just wanted to draft Wagner but used Hart as an excuse to pass on Spellman even though everybody else wanted Spellman.

Although Hart never said anything really bad about Spellman (basically just said he has a good work ethic but needs to get in shape), they made it sound like he said Omari was a bad lockerroom guy - which was false.

Isola basically said this was Pelinka's excuse to draft a Michigan guy.  Threw Hart under the bus in the process.

This type of ownership/management dumpster fire is precisely why no FAs previously wanted to come to Atlanta. That has changed, and with Trae/Huerter/Collins anchoring a young exciting core, we should see Tier 2 (Butler, Middleton, Thompson, etc) players start giving us a look next year. That's a 1st step, deep playoff runs a 2nd step, to eventually attracting a Tier 1 Kawhi type. Still 3 years away from being able to attract a Tier 1, but need to sign a Tier 2 sooner than later who the Tier 1 will want to team up with. Trae and Collins will be their own Tier 2s at that point as well.

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

But yet national sports news outlets continue to promote the lie that every free agent wants to be in LA or NY! Lol!

I get so tired of hearing fake rumors of people supposed to be going to NY. They run the same story season after season with whatever top free agent is available.

No one wants to play for the damn Knicks.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 5/28/2019 at 9:14 PM, IheartVolt said:

I enjoy hearing of the Lakers dumpster fire. Two things I dislike almost equally, LeBron and the Priveledged Lakers franchise. I hope they rain in the hole for decades

Is it just me or are Lakers fans also some of the dumbest fans? I know that every single fan base has a vast majority of totally ignorant dolts, but I feel like the Lakers base is disproportionately filled with fans that have absolutely no clue about basketball. 

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

I get so tired of hearing fake rumors of people supposed to be going to NY. They run the same story season after season with whatever top free agent is available.

No one wants to play for the damn Knicks.

Yea, a team that hasn't signed a significant free agent since the '90s and has made the playoffs something like once in the last 20 years but somehow they are always a hot destination. Why would anyone in their right mind want to play for a perennial bottom feeder who on top of that has fans that will tear you down the minute you do anything wrong? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, a team that hasn't signed a significant free agent since the '90s and has made the playoffs something like once in the last 20 years but somehow they are always a hot destination. Why would anyone in their right mind want to play for a perennial bottom feeder who on top of that has fans that will tear you down the minute you do anything wrong? 

Preach.  It's mind-boggling.

I chalk it up to wishful "reporting" by media folk starving for a relevant team in their general area.

Like basically using their platform to beg guys to go there.