• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New York rejects Hawks' offer for #3 pick

Atlantaholic

It’s a three player draft.  Obviously there will be guys selected after the third pick that produce, but right now nobody knows who that is.  Nobody wants mid lottery selections in a weak draft class.  Winning games last season only hurt this team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s a three player draft.  Obviously there will be guys selected after the third pick that produce, but right now nobody knows who that is.  Nobody wants mid lottery selections in a weak draft class.  Winning games last season only hurt this team.

Draft position was decided by a lottery.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Alex said:

Beyond what Peoriabird said about NOP, there are 3 teams that had a better record than us that wound up getting a better pick than us. Winning games doesn't matter as much with the new lottery odds.

• Like 1

I am glad the Knicks rejected to offer.  This is a week draft I am not giving up more than 2 lottery picks to move to number 3.  The Mavs only gave up a protected top 5 pick with their 5th to move up get our number 3 last year for Doncic. 

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

I am glad the Knicks rejected to offer.  This is a week draft I am not giving up more than 2 lottery picks to move to number 3.  The Mavs only gave up a protected top 5 pick with their 5th to move up get our number 3 last year for Doncic. 

Assuming we offered 8/10 that would be a discount compared to what we got. 

2018 5 + 2019 10 = Hawks #3 pick (with very strong options still on the board at 5)

2019 8 + 2019 10 = Knicks #3 pick (with much weaker options on the board at 8 ) 

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

Assuming we offered 8/10 that would be a discount compared to what we got. 

2018 5 + 2019 10 = Hawks #3 pick (with very strong options still on the board at 5)

2019 8 + 2019 10 = Knicks #3 pick (with much weaker options on the board at 8 ) 

We received 5 and 10 so Dallas could move up to 3. By most accounts giving up only 8 and 10 to move up to 3 or 4 would be a fleecing....

I can see why the Knicks and Cavs would be reluctant; but given the good history towards the end of the lottery, I can see why we might be reluctant also.

With Whiteside opting in, I wonder if Miami would be interested in swapping out of 14 to dump some cap?

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You do realize that new Orleans won the lottery with a better record than us right?

They won it because it was the leagues way of rewarding them for playing nice and sending Davis to the Lakers.  Lottery has been tainted for since forever.  League as a whole is dirty as heck.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Alex said:

They won it because it was the leagues way of rewarding them for playing nice and sending Davis to the Lakers.  Lottery has been tainted for since forever.  League as a whole is dirty as heck.

So what's the conspiracy explaining why Memphis got the 2nd pick?

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So what's the conspiracy explaining why Memphis got the 2nd pick?

To reward them for dealing Gasol to Toronto of course!

Plus, Memphis and New Orleans are huge media markets so you know the NBA is going to take care of them.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

To reward them for dealing Gasol to Toronto of course!

Plus, Memphis and New Orleans are huge media markets so you know the NBA is going to take care of them.

Harrumph, this is amateur hour.  Clearly the league did that to throw us off the scent from them gifting NOP the 1 pick.

Git yer conspiracy weight up, sun.

Seriously though, this Love business completely confuses me.  I wouldn't do Love/5 for the 17, much less for 8 and 10.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

Save that small market of course. They were in danger of being moved out.

Quite the contrary...He did it to save New York cause everyone knows that Barrett will be the best pro of all the draftees!😎