• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome To Atlanta Bruno Fernando

NBASupes

6 hours ago, hazer said:

I was the Squawk’s loudest advocate for drafting  FerNAAAAAAndo with the 17th pick. Schlenk stated they had their sights on Bruno at 17th as well, and feels like they got a steal when he fell into the 30s. 7’3 wingspan, approaching 250lbs, major hops, quick learner, hard worker, good FT shooter, good shot blocker. Glad we snagged him, now we have to sit back and wait and see how he develops. PersonallIy I think he’ll surpass Jones for the backup spot by the break. Certainly hope he eventually outplays Len for the starting job, but that’s a complete unknown at this point.

I was pushing to pick Bruno at #10, before all of the trading up and down happened.  I still think he's going to be the one that stands out among the 3 draft picks, when it's all said and done.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I still think he's going to be the one that stands out among the 3 draft picks, when it's all said and done.

I said I wouldn’t do any more avatar bets but I’m willing to bet avatar that Bruno won’t be the best of the three. Like Gramps said he was picked later in the draft so it’s not a fair matchup but if you think he’s gonna be the best of the three when it’s all said and done, I say absolutely NOT!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Get ready for it cat. History always repeats itself.

pony.jpeg

Are you calling me a 👸? You know me don’t you? 

No, I honestly think I’d do a bet even if it means the winner cashes in around 2024 that Cam or Dre will have had a better career than Bruno by that time. Anyone?

ps By that time we already have a 🏆 in Hawk land, you know if we continue onto this build.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

No, I honestly think I’d do a bet even if it means the winner cashes in around 2024 that Cam or Dre will have had a better career than Bruno by that time. Anyone?

ps By that time we already have a 🏆 in Hawk land, you know if we continue onto this build.

All in jest....sorta.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2019 at 5:18 PM, Spud2nique said:

Since neither of us are Premium members, let's bet a $100 premium membership/donation to the Squawk.  And I'll even reduce the time period.

If by the end of the 2022 season Bruno isn't better than both Cam and Dre, I'll pay the $100.  If he is, you pay.

And we'll let the Squawk determine who is the better player, whether they use the eye test, analytics, a poll, or whatever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Since neither of us are Premium members, let's bet a $100 premium membership/donation to the Squawk.  And I'll even reduce the time period.

If by the end of the 2022 season Bruno isn't better than both Cam and Dre, I'll pay the $100.  If he is, you pay.

And we'll let the Squawk determine who is the better player, whether they use the eye test, analytics, a poll, or whatever.

I’m in. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A first round pick that fell to the second round and grabbed by the Atlanta Hawks.  They believed in him so much that he signed a contract that would have been his as a first round pick.

He's a big old boy.  He can play big!  He has a great shooting touch.  He shot 76.3% from the free throw line while in school.  I like this!  He is said to be working on his three point shot this summer.  Hawks like this.  Len and Dedmon did this last season.  If he can do this, it's a plus.

With a three way fight this season for the starting center roll, Alex, Damian and Bruno should keep all our attention this season and we will all be speaking up for our favorite.

With our #4 pick and our #10 pick being talked about a lot, our #36 pick is quietly taking his place and, when the action of pre season begins, people will begin to sit up and take notice of our "other" draft pick.  "Who is the big guy?"

One week.  Next Monday, our first chance to see our "new" Hawk team!!

:yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Coach Pierce on Bruno...

“I thought Bruno struggled tonight.” said Pierce. “In his first stint, he didn’t say a word. I think he just held his breath for five minutes. He looked like a rookie that was playing his first NBA game.”

:laugh1:.

He showed a few good things though.

• Haha 3

On 9/11/2019 at 8:26 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Your wording is a little tricky. Basically you're saying Bruno wont be the best of the three, and he's saying Bruno will be the best of the three. Is that correct?

• Premium Member

2019-10-08_1301.png

I understand, Coach.

But two things.

First, he is, of course, a rookie playing his first NBA game. Your implied sarcasm is noted.

And second, it might not have been 12 minutes chock-full of with oohs-and-ahhs, but for a rookie in his first NBA game, he sure flashed that he's got skills.

Reddish or Hunter makes that same highlight clip, we smile and say we sorta expected that of either of them.

But this was the big guy that dropped out of the 1st round. I don't think anyone expected he'd put the ball on the floor and make a sweet move like that in his first game, not even those of us who maintained he'd be a steal if drafted anywhere below #15.

Then, too, he did do what we thought he'd do... couple of blocked shots in those 12 minutes.

I don't know if he'll exceed CRed or DHunt, but that's only because I have a high regard for each of their ceilings as well.

21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Your wording is a little tricky. Basically you're saying Bruno wont be the best of the three, and he's saying Bruno will be the best of the three. Is that correct?

What is "better?"

• Like 1