• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome To Atlanta Bruno Fernando

NBASupes

Quite the surprise. I know some people wanted us to pick him at 10 or were hoping he'd be there at 17. Couldn't have asked for more out of this draft. We desperately needed some length and defense and Schlenk got 3 athletes with 7+ foot wingspans. And they all have the potential to feast playing with Trae. 

• Like 2

This probably sounds completely out of place and I understand if anyone think  I’m going overboard but I believe Bruno is going to have a great opportunity to start this upcoming season in lineups where Collins play the 4. I can see Bruno immediately  beating out Len due to better defense (no knock on Len but it is what it is) and the fact that I don’t believe Dedmon is coming back leaves the competition for center wide open.

Spellman could also get a realistic look but I see Spellman as a backup versatile Big.

Then add the fact that LP isn’t afraid to pull a vet and actually start a rookie makes me feel this way as well. 

Call me crazy but that’s my feelings. Bruno defensive upside will show right away over Len and will win coach LP over.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JTB said:

This probably sounds completely out of place and I understand if anyone think  I’m going overboard but I believe Bruno is going to have a great opportunity to start this upcoming season in lineups where Collins play the 4. I can see Bruno immediately  beating out Len due to better defense (no knock on Len but it is what it is) and the fact that I don’t believe Dedmon is coming back leaves the competition for center wide open.

Spellman could also get a realistic look but I see Spellman as a backup versatile Big.

Then add the fact that LP isn’t afraid to pull a vet and actually start a rookie makes me feel this way as well. 

Call me crazy but that’s my feelings. Bruno defensive upside will show right away over Len and will win coach LP over.

Magic 8 ball says ....Ask again after Summer League!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This draft started with me kinda angry and is ending with me very satisfied.  We have two wings that can start plus a young center that will probably be eased in as a starter over the season. Well done Hawks front office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Bro, I completely missed this, when did we get pick 34? 

I saw him get drafted and was like dang we missed out not realizing he was coming to us? I’m super excited about this right now

It happened after Bruno was picked 34th. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't see a chance Bruno starts. I personally think he will be in college park

He'll definitely need adjustment time for sure. He's a classic zone center. He has the skills to play in the NBA but the zone helped him look incredible. He will need time, coaching.