• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Green is an underrated signing

Yep. I thought to myself just last night... "that's exactly the kind of player that Schlenk's seemed to target in the past."

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or if you're disagreeing with me... but if the latter, then yes, exactly.... so, you need players who better fit the mold of what Hawks central command say they want to have.

I don't think I care what they think quite frankly.  All I know is we need a starting center to protect the rim plan and simple!

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, sturt said:

Okay, so the big shoe finally dropped....

Where do we go from here?

Making a trade of our own?

Making an offer on an RFA?

Signing a UFA? Or two? Or even three?

I still feel a trade is comin.

The Adams thing is almost certainly not happening, of course.

Or is it?

OKC doesn't have the same motive to move him that they did before, now that they've shed a huge contract, but they seemingly have a new and maybe just as compelling motive.

But the new paradigm likely removes any interest on their part to reduce the protections on the 2022 pick... if we made such a deal, it would seem to be on the basis of actually wanting Adams.

Not sure I do.

But I still feel a trade is comin. From somewheres.

Jerry West reconstructed California.

1. Lakers

2. Scrubs

3. Clippers

4. Kings 2025 😂 

We just took a step ahead of 2 teams. Raptors in the east and OKC in the west. So if we were the 14th best team in the league before this, we are now 12th best imo.

• Like 1

Okay the scrap heap is officially open for business.  Time for the Hawks to swoop in on some bargain bin deals...again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I never thought that the Clippers would become such a big destination and the Raptors NBA champs.

I still want to view the Clipps as the irrelevant franchise that they were in the 90’s and earlier 2000’s.

No. We have to look at them differently now if we want to look at ourselves differently. We aren’t the Jon Koncak Hawks anymore and they aren’t the Ken the animal 🦒/Bannister Clipps anymore. The other Ken comes screaming in..

SPUD U D!ck I WORKT HAAARRR FO MY CLIPPS!

-Ken Norman

oh..:that’s the other Ken..don’t mind him.

😐 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t think we will lose our guys. Something about this rebuild feels like it was built on a good foundation. If anything, our players will dictate swaying good players from other teams to us. Imo.

Some just want to play in a big stage, I hope we dont loose them but who knows.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Jalen Rose, Chris Broussard, both completely wrong again. It must be nice having a job where you can get it wrong but there are no consequences.

Ask the Weather people!

• Premium Member

So LA and NY had big free agent acquisitions this offseason and they aren't named Lakers or Knicks.....oh what a day.....I love the NBA!!!

All I keep thinking is 'I hope Schlenk has learned somethings from Jerry West'  he is a boss!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Kawhi is a tailor made Clipper!

Clippers ain't got crap.  He would have been perfect for the Hawks.  Superstars dont come often and there is just a handful in the NBA.

It just pisses me off we have to rebuild for years and other teams just get rid of contracts to the Hawks to clear space and sign major players and keep on trucking.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Clippers ain't got crap.  He would have been perfect for the Hawks.  Superstars dont come often and there is just a handful in the NBA.

It just pisses me off we have to rebuild for years and other teams just get rid of contracts to the Hawks to clear space and sign major players and keep on trucking.  

That's not what happened but don't let the facts get in the way of your lamentations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1