• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seems we have the Boogie market all to ourselves now--just a matter of want-to

sturt

• Premium Member

Can't deny the talent. Size of his paycheck notwithstanding.

But given more time for more sober thought, I just despise ringbrats, and would love it if we can stay away from any of them joining us on this journey.

It speaks to a guy's character... ie, lack thereof... when he'll participate in attempting to manipulate the system to gain for his legacy a ring.

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He barely make more than Jaylen Adams!  Y'all really see this differently than 29 other GM's

Man stop with these hot takes.  Like you just be posting just to post sometimes.   You know darn well Demarcus Cousins is 1000x's better than Jaylen Adams. 

Use a little common sense here.  He was injured in the playoffs, came back and wasn't 100%.  He helped GS win a game in the finals after KD went down.   

If he comes back to full health, he'll def help the Lakers. 

Not saying I even want Demarcus Cousins, but you at least need to concede that he's better than Jaylen Adams. No matter how much they make.  If you can't admit that, then we all know what you're doing.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Man stop with these hot takes.  Like you just be posting just to post sometimes.   You know darn well Demarcus Cousins is 1000x's better than Jaylen Adams. 

Use a little common sense here.  He was injured in the playoffs, came back and wasn't 100%.  He helped GS win a game in the finals after KD went down.   

If he comes back to full health, he'll def help the Lakers. 

Not saying I even want Demarcus Cousins, but you at least need to concede that he's better than Jaylen Adams. No matter how much they make.  If you can't admit that, then we all know what you're doing.

Again...No gm's agree with you.  The Lakers signed him out of desperation. They have no other options!  You keep trying to convince me that he is so good but yet no one wanted him...How do you explain that?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Again...No gm's agree with you.  The Lakers signed him out of desperation. They have no other options!  You keep trying to convince me that he is so good but yet no one wanted him...How do you explain that?

That's not what I said.  Again, you said he wasn't better than Jaylen Adams.  Prove to me that Adams career matches up anyway to Demarcus Cousins.  If you do that, we can have the other discussion.  

Just say, I EXAGGERATED!  Cause that's what you did there.

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Thats not what I said.  Again, you said he wasn't better than Jaylen Adams.  Prove to me that Adams career matches up to anyway to Demarcus Cousins.  If you do that, we can have the other discussion.  

Just say, I EXAGGERATED!  Cause that's what you did there.

I said that he barely makes more.  Who was comparing the 2?  I was comparing the salaries.  Why are you guys so sensitive when it comes to Cousins of all people?

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I said that he barely makes more.  Who was comparing the 2?  I was comparing the salaries.  Why are you guys so sensitive when it comes to Cousins of all people?

You were the one that brought him up when no one was talking about him.  Saying how everyone should apologize to you.  Get this.  I don't care about him because he's not a Hawk.  I just can't deal with you going over the top talking like he's a g-league player.   

There's no need to exaggerate because you don't like a player or whatever.  Just say you don't think he's a good fit and keep it moving.  Don't be out here like he's the worst player in the NBA and he's never made a shot in his NBA career.  Those are the type of exaggerations you come up with to support your arguments.

You did the same thing with Cam Reddish and when I gave you those receipts you backed down and was like oh umm that's not what I meant. 

Edited by marco102

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You were the one that brought him up when no one was talking about him.  Saying how everyone should apologize to you.  Get this.  I don't care about him because he's not a Hawk.  I just can't deal with you going over the top talking like he's a g-league player.   

What's the name of this thread again?

4 hours ago, sturt said:

Can't deny the talent. Size of his paycheck notwithstanding.

But given more time for more sober thought, I just despise ringbrats, and would love it if we can stay away from any of them joining us on this journey.

It speaks to a guy's character... ie, lack thereof... when he'll participate in attempting to manipulate the system to gain for his legacy a ring.

Depends if the whole concern is chasing a ring and not trying to get the most exposure because the current market isn’t offering the desired amount of money and/or role. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Depends if the whole concern is chasing a ring and not trying to get the most exposure because the current market isn’t offering the desired amount of money and/or role. 

th?id=OIP.sbdjaxd20uA2FgcXt1-i-AHaHa&pid

He's not wrong on that.

And it applies here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

He's not wrong on that.

And it applies here.

🤣 I’m sorry but Dr. Phil always gets a like! That fool need psychotherapy more than anyone 😂 I can’t keep it together when I hear him speak. 

I agree. Isn’t it better overall not to get Boogie and be more relaxed and not on edge that he’s gonna mess up our beautiful youth? Even if he excels, with him I believe our ceiling is a round 2 elimination.

2 hours ago, sturt said:

He's not wrong on that.

And it applies here.

Can't say it's an accurate application though.  I thought the whole purpose of Cousins' decision to join the Warriors was because they wouldn't necessarily be reliant on him early in the season thus allowing him to properly rehab from his Achilles surgery.  Then, when healthy, he'd be allowed to contribute to a playoff team not only proving that he's returned to form but also helping to dispel the characterization that he's "not a winning player" therefore leading to a lucrative new contract.

A las, there was no fairy tale ending.

If we allow ourselves to take a step back here, 28 is a bit young to be contemplating eschewing available lucrative long-term contracts for a championship ring...  looking at the totality of the "ring brat" phase, those players haven't exactly been leaving much if any money on the table instead proposing to have their cake and eat it too at whichever locale that can provide that opportunity.  The "ring chasing" strategy has instead been forever reserved for those of the "long-in-the-tooth" sort.

All that to say this:  We've all seen Cousin's produce on lottery teams which only worked to his detriment.  We have far less evidence of him on playoff teams because the opportunities that he's had have been hampered by injuries.  If he wants a ring, well there were easier opportunities out there including the funky bunch across the hallway.  I see this as another leg in the quest to rehab his reputation and hopefully add even more substantial wealth to his portfolio.  All things considered, why not do it next to a close friend and former teammate in sunny SoCal than elsewhere?

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Lakers have no shooting and their d is suspect

Green helps a lot with both of those.  AD and LeBron still are solid to outstanding defenders depending on their focus.

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, MaceCase said:

I thought the whole purpose of Cousins' decision to join the Warriors was because they wouldn't necessarily be reliant on him early in the season thus allowing him to properly rehab from his Achilles surgery.  Then, when healthy, he'd be allowed to contribute to a playoff team not only proving that he's returned to form but also helping to dispel the characterization that he's "not a winning player" therefore leading to a lucrative new contract.

Had the situation been that there were multiple other likely playoff teams where he could have landed, and that the contract he accepted was a sweetheart deal for the team, I'd have been right to say what I said.

I'm now going back and reading what was reported at the time, and it appears he actually almost ended up in a sign-and-trade b/t POR and NOP, and when that fell through, then the only teams said to be interested were BOS and GSW.

So, I'll back down on my assertion... it doesn't appear to be nearly as well supported as I thought it was.