• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If the Heat land Westbrook...

Spud2nique

Are they the favorites in the Southeast division next year?

I picked us to win the division but if they get Russ, I’m not sure.

Your thoughts 💭

I don’t think the Heat would be a threat to get past round 2 but still they might do well in the regular season.

Do we want Westbrook to the Heat or not? As far as we are concerned for the future. 

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Unless we get some d we are not going to be much better then less summer

westbbrook and butler will not be a good combo ... I see them fighting for the ball all the time 

Seems like an explosion waiting to happen but Butler plus Westbrook = better than us next season.

• Like 1

Ehhh, that’s definitely a 💩 pile of talent.  But they both strike me as side/stink eye types, not sure how well that pairing would fly 👀 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d240c60735734644d

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think the Magic are still better than us next season as well as the Heat.

All I learned from this post is that the real sothron now has control of the light (shout out, Split).

Welcome back, saphron.

Also, Westb to MIA doesn't scare me.  That's still overall a janky roster.  Playoff team, I guess, but just a playoff team for lux tax money.  Thank you ... nexx.

And @Spud2nique, the BIL is already puffin his chess-out.  Clown-car.

• Haha 1

You put 2 of the most intense competitors on the same team under a guy like Pat Riley..?  Wow that would be nutz. I would love to see it too.

Russ has never played with anyone that had just as dominant a personality as his. Maybe it would be good for them both to feed off one another. I just feel sorry for the innocent bystanders when those 2 get fired up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, kg01 said:

😆 that’s awesome 👏 I’m hoping Miami goes ahead and goes all in for the trade. Feels like it would put them on the treadmill for another 5 years or so at least if they did it.

Opens up the division for us and the Magic. I don’t know, I’m not scared of the Magic. I honestly believe we are the best team in the division with the best player in the division in Trae. 

🚗 kg’s BIL’s clownette 🤡 

😉 

25 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I just feel sorry for the innocent bystanders when those 2 get fired up.

😂 

I can’t decide if I’d rather him join the Heat or Pistons. I think either is a no win. Bit more dangerous with Heat assuming Pistons give up Drummond in the deal. Russ and Blake might be the worst “superstar” duo in the league..:like ever. Maybe not.

• Like 1

With all the improvement that the Hawks made from the first game tip off to the end of last season + all the talent that we have added this summer, many of our fans believe that we will be no better than we were last season.

Hawks have lost Spellman, Dedmon, Prince and Bazemore.  Now, think of all the players that were added and all the players left that have gained experience.  And, we're no better than we were last season? 

Remember our terrible record to begin last season?  And, we will not improve over that??

:ahf:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

All I learned from this post is that the real sothron now has control of the light (shout out, Split).

Welcome back, saphron.

Also, Westb to MIA doesn't scare me.  That's still overall a janky roster.  Playoff team, I guess, but just a playoff team for lux tax money.  Thank you ... nexx.

The Magic were a playoff team and didn't lose anyone of consequences. If anything they are better going into next season. I'm not sure why that's a negative thing to say they are better than us right now.

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

The Magic were a playoff team and didn't lose anyone of consequences. If anything they are better going into next season. I'm not sure why that's a negative thing to say they are better than us right now.

Yeah, it's not crazy to say that necessarily.  Coming from you it just sounds a lot worse I guess. 😏

I like our outlook much more than either ORL or MIA though mainly because we're not far off from them and are doing it with guys on rookie deals.  Both those teams are cap-strung but won't likely achieve significant results from it.

So, yeah, they could be better than us this coming season but .... what does that all really mean (in the long run)?

Didn't eggspect me to go all existential on you, huh?

• Like 2

• Moderators

There is a great video on Youtube on how Westbrook actually hurts his team more than he helps and how his "teammates" help pad his stats.  His triple-doubles are mostly fluff.  Watch Westbrook's production drop tremendously once on another roster.  The only MVP Russ deserves is from all the fantasy owners that benefit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Is the only reason I’m just a tad worried Russ joining the Heat. Not too shabby of a coach.

Can I just say though, nothing against him, but what exactly has he proven as a coach without having Lebron on the roster AND considering the fact that Riley has never truly tried a rebuild. 

Ive never been impressed by him specifically. He seems to coach to the talent of his players, which is what you expect versus actually maximizing or out-producing his rosters talent level, which is what impresses me from a coach

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Are they the favorites in the Southeast division next year?

I picked us to win the division but if they get Russ, I’m not sure.

Your thoughts 💭

I don’t think the Heat would be a threat to get past round 2 but still they might do well in the regular season.

Do we want Westbrook to the Heat or not? As far as we are concerned for the future. 

The winner of the SE??

Do Miami even need Westbrook  to be better than us? Personal, I would love to see how Westbrook and Butler misunderstand each other.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Can I just say though, nothing against him, but what exactly has he proven as a coach without having Lebron on the roster AND considering the fact that Riley has never truly tried a rebuild. 

Ive never been impressed by him specifically. He seems to coach to the talent of his players, which is what you expect versus actually maximizing or out-producing his rosters talent level, which is what impresses me from a coach

I knew it... You are a fan of Lenny Wilkens!

• Haha 1