• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chance encounters with NBA players (not bball arenas)

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

1. Shelvin Mack at a Walmart checkout lane, he was infront of me, his head is even bigger in person.
2. Jamal Crawford coming out of a CVS on Peachtree Street
3. Taurean Prince at Cumberland Mall
4. DeAndre Brembry at Lennox Mall
5. Kevin Willis walking across the street from the original MLK Center.

List yours!

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, High5 said:

I parked next to Muscala at a Braves game. That's all that comes to mind. I did see Dennis' unmistakable Lambo at a car wash once, but I didn't see him. 

IF you have a Lambo, there aught to be an Italian guy of German decent that shows up every Saturday to wipe it down and spray it with Alcantara Cleaner.

• Haha 1

Kevin Willis used to have a high end men's custom fashion shop in the TULA art center I worked at (Bennett St), so I used to see him all the time. 

I guess he specialized in big and tall men's ware, so there were a bunch of dudes that came through there. I'm so bad at recognizing ppl, though, I just knew they were players because 6'8" + guys don't grow on trees. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, AHF said:

90 around Atlanta just means following the flow of traffic.

Indeed. I’ve lived up 400 since ‘07 and 70 will damn near get you rear-ended 💥 

1 hour ago, AHF said:

90 around Atlanta just means following the flow of traffic.

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Indeed. I’ve lived up 400 since ‘07 and 70 will damn near get you rear-ended 💥 

I try to stick around 80, and he flew by me 💫

My son is a gearhead so I’ve always sent him pics of all of Dennis’s Lambos. He’s the one who spotted him ⚡

• Moderators

Does in the stands count as a spectator count?

The only NBAer I've seen is Grant Hill outside of the GWCC two seasons ago.

I also saw Randy Moss during his rookie season at a Hawks game rooting on the Pistons. He was two rows catty-corner and making all sort of noise. I also saw the host of "NBA Inside Stuff" Ahmad Rashad at the old Omni rooting on the Hawks.

My brother had Devonta Freeman walk into his Home Depot to pick up a deck package. One of the other associates was talking to him and found out that he flips houses on the side and does charity projects too.

Shawn Marion and Trenton Hassell ( hometown players ) - either at my uncles pool hall ( which was also the hood "wing spot" ), or playing against them in the local gyms

The entire 2005 Atlanta Hawks team ( minus Joe Johnson ) at an after party after a preseason game in Nashville.  And yes, the underage guys were there, despite it being an "Over 21" event for everyone else. 

Side note:  The Hawks lost the game, but Donta Smith ( of all players ), looked better than anyone in a Hawks uniform that night.  He's still active internationally. Despite not making it in the NBA, it's pretty cool to have a moment like this in another country, where the fans are crazy passionate about their teams.

Back to the club story:

Of course, this was officially the "Shaq and the Miami Heat" after party ( despite him not playing in the preseason game . . which was a downer to everyone ).  When the Hawks came in, it was funny.   Those dudes were so young and looked like they went to Tennessee State University, not members of a NBA basketball team.

When Shaq, D-Wade, and the Heat finally arrived, you saw the distinct difference in maturity and in dress.  The Hawks players were actually out on the dance floor at times ( with the women having no idea who they were ). But as soon as the Heat walked in, you saw ALL of them gravitate toward their VIP area, taking pictures with the players.

I did see 3 of the Fab 5 in Magic City during Freaknik in 1993, but they were still in college.

• Like 1