• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Training Camp News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Preview: Ben Simmons "falling in love with the game" again.  F it, I can't wait ...

So Ben Simmons claims he's fallen in love with basketball again?  Really?  Dude, you're freaking 23yo.  If you've fallen "back" in love with the game again, when were you ever in love with it?

Sounds to me like you've never loved the game in the first place.  Which would jive with the fact that you're the same player today that you were when you went through orientation at LSU.  Maybe that's why you're 3+ years into your pro career but you're still scared the mean gurls gonna point 'n laugh whenever you pull up for a jump(sic) shot(sic).

What are we supposed to do with this information, that you "love" basketball again?  This mean you gonna stop walking around as if you have Lebron's resume?  Newsflash, you don't.

This mean you gonna accept the fact that you're a playmaking 4 and not a point guard?

No?  Yeah, I thought not.

Jus' keep being you .. so's Embiid sees your limited game puts a cap on his winnin' and he decides to walk to come play for his favorite ex-coach. 😀

He said what?  This is real?

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/ben-simmons-this-summer-i-fell-in-love-with-the-game-again/

I felt like the past season I lost that enjoyment side of it but I feel like this summer has been huge for me.

With you on this, @kg01.  You fell out of love in a season where you were contending for an NBA title and were a lucky bounce away from the NBA finals?  That couldn't sustain your interest?  You were feeling all burned out at age 22?  But now you are passionate about the game.  OK man.  Totally buy that.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/ben-simmons-this-summer-i-fell-in-love-with-the-game-again/

With you on this, @kg01.  You fell out of love in a season where you were contending for an NBA title and were a lucky bounce away from the NBA finals?  That couldn't sustain your interest?  You were feeling all burned out at age 22?  But now you are passionate about the game.  OK man.  Totally buy that.

giphy.gif

Seems like JimmyB sucks the fun out of playing basketball, :hehe:.

But yeah, Simmons seems like a guy who plays bball just because he's good and talented at it. No passion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

giphy.gif

Clearly he's just saying stuff to say stuff.  Dude hasn't even gone through any adversity and he lost his love for the game?  Really?  What happens if they have an off season where they get bounced in round 1?  Or what if he has a real injury where he actually can't play?

If what he's gone through so far in his career caused him to be down on the game then he's in for a rude awakening.  And so are Sixer fans.

• Like 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Clearly he's just saying stuff to say stuff.  Dude hasn't even gone through any adversity and he lost his love for the game?  Really?  What happens if they have an off season where they get bounced in round 1?  Or what if he has a real injury where he actually can't play?

If what he's gone through so far in his career caused him to be down on the game then he's in for a rude awakening.  And so are Sixer fans.

Only thing I’ll say for him on that is he did have a real injury.  (Missed his first season).

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Between Bruno and Damian, whomever is able to shoot the 3 point shot with consistency will probably get the nod for Backup at Center.

Bruno is headed to the G-league to toss up brinks like in the video!🤔

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Only thing I’ll say for him on that is he did have a real injury.  (Missed his first season).

True but, as I mentioned earlier, pretty much everyone knew he was healthy by midseason but held out until the following year so he could win ROTY.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

True but, as I mentioned earlier, pretty much everyone knew he was healthy by midseason but held out until the following year so he could win ROTY.

I think he was held out to ensure he made a complete comeback and to optimize Philly's lottery odds.  ROTY wasn't a primary driver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Ah yes, the obligatory "look I can shoot too" video of a big draining threes in an empty guy.

Lol, you must didn't watch that video. I don't think he made one.  It' the obligatory, he's working on expanding his game video.

• Haha 3

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I hope this translates on the offensive end 3pt shooting, finishing at the rim (he did get better as the season went on) and his free throw shooting.

More than any other player? That’s saying a lot knowing Trae has been living there per reports.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like JimmyB sucks the fun out of playing basketball, :hehe:.

But yeah, Simmons seems like a guy who plays bball just because he's good and talented at it. No passion.

More into the celebrity dating stuff it seems.