• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

While I resented the superstar favoritism and didn't like every Bull player, you can't help respecting them but Krausse's ego was out of control.  It should have been a no-brainer that you keep that together as long as possible and absolutely should have been rolled back out for another year after this regardless of the cost.  Bulls ownership made so much money off this core but was too cheap to keep chasing rings.  Flags fly forever.  Team should have been brought back for another year after championship #6.  You don't voluntarily choose to stop winning rings because you like the idea of winning around Toni Kukoc to show how smart you are.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/21/nba-schedule-could-be-on-the-verge-of-a-makeover-if-league-restarts.html

According to this article, NBA wants to resume regular season. Hope Trae and the boys are staying limber, fingers crossed.

I don't think there has been any doubt the NBA wants to play the season. The question has always been when is it safe to do so.

Steve Koonin, Hawks CEO actually proposed moving the start of the NBA season to December back in early March. So this would be a good time to roll out that experiment with the halt to this season which may delay the start of next season.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think there has been any doubt the NBA wants to play the season. The question has always been when is it safe to do so.

Steve Koonin, Hawks CEO actually proposed moving the start of the NBA season to December back in early March. So this would be a good time to roll out that experiment with the halt to this season which may delay the start of next season.

The NBA has been careful and measured in their responses. No one wants to look insensitive or off key during a pandemic. But behind the scenes a lot of brainstorming, jockeying and preparing is going on. Supposedly different venues are even fiercely competing to host the "NBA bunker."  

• Premium Member
Just now, bleachkit said:

The NBA has been careful and measured in their responses. No one wants to look insensitive or off key during a pandemic. But behind the scenes a lot of brainstorming, jockeying and preparing is going on. Supposedly different venues are even fiercely competing to host the "NBA bunker."  

I have no doubt they are looking at ALL options, Silver said as much.

Can you provide a link to the bolded?

And it's not like some players and coaches still won't have concerns, especially if it has impacted any of their family members:

The other question: How would NBA teams feel about resuming play if health officials still have not found a vaccine to cure patients with COVID-19? Would increased access to testing kits and continued social distancing practices temper any worries? “I wouldn’t be comfortable at all,” Malone said. “I would not want to put the fans, players, coaches, the staff and workers, anyone and everyone in the arena at risk of potentially contracting coronavirus. This is something that is deadly and is affecting millions and millions of people around the world. As much as I love our fans and I want them back, if it’s not going to be a safe environment, I would not want to put anybody in that position.”
– via Mark Medina @ USA Today Sports

How optimistic, pessimistic are you of the possibility of the season resuming? George Hill: I’m a little 50-50. I really don’t know what’s going on. I can’t predict it. But what I say is I think life itself is bigger than the money aspect of the game. Yes, as competitors and athletes we want to play this season, but I feel like if more lives are in jeopardy than I could care less about the season. I’d rather help keep everyone safe and sound, all our families, our kids, our wives, our mother-in-laws, our grandparents and things like that.

– via Matt Velazquez @ Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

And as Silver notes, more than 7 players have tested positive.

• Moderators

Resuming the regular season for 15 games seems pointless.   I know there is money involved to get to that 70 game mark.    I don't know.  There aren't any good solutions.  I'd just have a couple weeks of practice and start the playoffs i think.   The way the standings look I don't think any of the lottery teams will care that much that they didn't get to make a playoff run.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Resuming the regular season for 15 games seems pointless.   I know there is money involved to get to that 70 game mark.    I don't know.  There aren't any good solutions.  I'd just have a couple weeks of practice and start the playoffs i think.   The way the standings look I don't think any of the lottery teams will care that much that they didn't get to make a playoff run.

I concur.

Unless they want to try and get the Pels and Zion in the playoffs as the 8 seed vs Lakers. Currently 10th 3.5 games back of the Grizz.