• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

32 minutes ago, JTB said:

You know what’s interesting about this that no one has pointed out ? @AHF @Peoriabird @Buzzard @Thomas

maybe I’m reaching here and that’s fine I’m just speculating....anyways I find it interesting that all these possible targets  aren’t just shooters but also STARTING caliber Shooting Guards.....I’m not overthinking it as I’m convinced like many fans  that Reddish and Hunter will be hawks long term but I am not convinced that Schlenk and front office are looking to start them both at SG/SF next season like many fans including myself wanted to see. Seems to me (and assuming you find supes guy as credible as i do) that the hawks are looking for a starting Level SG in free agency as a top priority who happens to be a good shooter.
If Schlenk were to land any of these SGs...Joe Harris, Devin Booker, Gordon Hayward, or a talent level player on the same level as Zach LaVine.....that guy would walk in as the starting SG

Zack ( 19.5 2 years left  ) or Devin ( 31.6, 33.8, 36.01 ) are expensive gets. Maybe they see them as the short term fixes until/if Huerter, Reddish, Hunter develop. Harris may get something near Lavine.

This is contradictory to what Schlenk said in his interview a month or so ago. He said we were looking at other teams young backups as primary targets. For me that means players like Davis Bertans, Jerami Grant, Montrezl Harrell.

I am not sold on us chasing any high paid players at the wing positions but who knows for sure.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

This is contradictory to what Schlenk said in his interview a month or so ago. He said we were looking at other teams young backups as primary targets. For me that means players like Davis Bertans, Jerami Grant, Montrezl Harrell.

Thats the feel I've been having but wanna ask with everything that was unforeseen going on now will Harrell and Harris really be able to grab 20 million per. Hoping we will be seeing numbers that make some more sense and TS maybe would be even more enticed to make that needed move. Want the most available cash we can reasonably have for the next round in 2021.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Zack ( 19.5 2 years left  ) or Devin ( 31.6, 33.8, 36.01 ) are expensive gets. Maybe they see them as the short term fixes until/if Huerter, Reddish, Hunter develop. Harris may get something near Lavine.

I am not sold on us chasing any high paid players at the wing positions but who knows for sure.

I agree, but maybe it depends on how you define 'chasing'?  Like, Lavine/Booker being on their proverbial 'board' means they're technically chasing them.  But they may just be on the board for discussion purposes.  Due diligence kind of a thing.

I fully expect us to just end up with the 'young backups' types of additions.  Maybe a guy like Fournier who I saw mentioned somewheres.

Harris may be too sought after.  I don't wanna end up being the team paying Harris near-max money just to win a bidding war.  That's Knick'n.  Don't be Knick'n, Schlank.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Harris may be too sought after.  I don't wanna end up being the team paying Harris near-max money just to win a bidding war.  That's Knick'n.  Don't be Knick'n, Schlank.

Near-max???? Harris won't get close to a near max deal.

Pre-COVID, I'd say Harris would have gotten $15 mil.

Now, with the possibility of the CAP decreasing for this offseason, I think teams will be more cautious this offseason.

If games/fans aren't back to attending games like normal in the 20/21 season, the CAP may again decrease.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

I wonder how our injuries rank with other teams?  No more tough guys like the ol days.  Seems like today if they stub a toe they are out two weeks.  

I’d be interested to see a holistic comparison of actual injury time (not time missed grounding players while tanking, etc.). I remember guys like Speedy Clayton, Laphonso Ellis, Ken Norman and others (even some who weren’t Hawks) missing a lot of games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’d be interested to see a holistic comparison of actual injury time (not time missed grounding players while tanking, etc.). I remember guys like Speedy Clayton, Laphonso Ellis, Ken Norman and others (even some who weren’t Hawks) missing a lot of games.

True and what is causing these injuries? I personally would think our medical expertise would be at a level we could overcome alot of this.  But maybe not.  I definitely am not well versed on the subject.  

4 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

True and what is causing these injuries? I personally would think our medical expertise would be at a level we could overcome alot of this.  But maybe not.  I definitely am not well versed on the subject.  

If Capela is still not back if we resume regular season games this summer, then something is seriously wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1