• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As for John, he said Atlanta wants to workout a good deal for him if possible. If John wants to come back, Atlanta is open to it but cost seems to be a big deal. Capela is seen as a long term piece.

If they let John walk, this rebuild will take an additional 4-5 years. I'm beginning to worry about this group.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

@AHF at this point I’d abuse mod powers and give peo a Hayward avatar. 😊 

Would probably be doing him a favor.  The label you put on yourself as someone who reneges on promises is worse than any avatar I could come up with.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

hace 1 hora, NBASupes dijo:

I can't either which is why I believe it when I see it. But teams are talking more than ever as you can imagine. 

He also said Atlanta isn't open to trading one of their big 5 pieces but they might be open to listening for Kevin or John if the price is right. The belief is Atlanta spend too much for Hunter and won't move him and see Cam and Trae highly. 

As for John, he said Atlanta wants to workout a good deal for him if possible. If John wants to come back, Atlanta is open to it but cost seems to be a big deal. Capela is seen as a long term piece.

I have been saying that Hawks main FA targets should be Joe Harris, Corwder, Bertans and Christian Wood. I am happy they are considering Joe Harris, he would be a great improvement for the team, don't know what would be the cost, Miami and NYK can do one big signing not more. I really hope we invest money in someone like Harris and not on someone like Milsap. I also think Huerter should be gone for the right price, I don't think he fits.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Would probably be doing him a favor.  The label you put on yourself as someone who reneges on promises is worse than any avatar I could come up with.

Dang! That prophetic stuff right there.

24 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Corwder

Corwder or even Crowder would mess up our locker room, no?

• Premium Member

That journey culminated in Atlanta, where Carter neither played a central role nor had a chance to win a championship. He scored only 6.3 points in just over 16 minutes per game in his two seasons as a Hawk, but the 43-year-old relished the opportunity to help mentor young players as they learned the NBA ropes. Situated between Trae Young and Cam Reddish in the locker room, Carter’s guidance extended beyond the basketball court. He might help his younger teammates refine their footwork on a dribble combination one day, then advise them on how best to navigate a media scrum the next. He wasn’t a fiery or vociferous leader, but Carter didn’t hesitate to hold Cam Reddish, Trae Young, or De’Andre Hunter accountable for mistakes when necessary.

• Like 4

A big'O hell-to-the-yes on Hey Joe Harris. The Kal Korva replacement I've been waiting for ("That's a HEAT check, Bawb.")

• Like 4

On 4/6/2020 at 12:23 PM, NBASupes said:

I was told if a team offered the caliber of Zach LaVine or a player in that caliber, they would do the deal. I'll doubt this would happen but I was told Devin Booker is a target. I can't imagine how bad that defense would be.

Speaking of Zach Lavine....with all the front office issues taking place in Chicago I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Lavine is dealt after the bulls hire their new gm. Just a gut feeling I have after running across all this news that the bulls are preparing to do a complete overhaul in the  front office.

l don’t think it’s out of question to actually get Lavine to the ATL if that’s what Schlenk is going for but I think I’d rather stick with giving Cam the SG starting spot opportunity next season  and letting Hunter start at SF. However Lavine is an incredibly intriguing fit next to trae in the backcourt though. He’s very athletic as we all know and can knock down the 3ball at a decently high rate (38%)! The last time I saw a player who was this gifted athletically and can knock down the 3 ball this well was Jason Richardson, offensively I’m pretty impressed with Lavine and with a passer like Trae you’d have to believe his FG% from the floor will rise....

But defensively he is known to be a bad defender even though I think he should be able to be a lot better on that end than he has shown . A guy this athletic has to have some kind of upside defensively that can impact the game when their locked in, that is my belief anyways.

just my two cents about Lavine. I think he can be had for a top 5 lottery pick this offseason plus Huerter if you really want him.

........on second thought I do wonder if Schlenk and LP are ready to fully commit to Cam and Hunter as a starters together right now going into next season .... If we got Lavine, Huerter I would assume would be gone along with our lottery pick so backup SG or SF spot would be open and we’d have a healthy competition with Cam vs Hunter for starting SF spot.
I kind of like this scenario. Anyways I believe Cam would beat out Hunter for the SF starting spot and man oh man would that be a hell of an athletic ass starting lineup around Trae!

Trae surrounded around so much explosive athleticism in starting unit with Lavine, Reddish, Collins, Capela would be insane! ....a bench unit of Teague, Joe Harris , Hunter, dedmon (PF on offense to space floor for Trez), Trez (at center offensively) .......not bad! Perhaps incredibly unlikely but thats a playoff team for sure.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JTB said:

Speaking of Zach Lavine....with all the front office issues taking place in Chicago I wouldn’t be shocked at all if Lavine is dealt after the bulls hire their new gm. Just a gut feeling I have after running across all this news that the bulls are preparing to do a complete overhaul in the  front office.

l don’t think it’s out of question to actually get Lavine to the ATL if that’s what Schlenk is going for but I think I’d rather stick with giving Cam the SG starting spot opportunity next season  and letting Hunter start at SF. However Lavine is an incredibly intriguing fit next to trae in the backcourt though. He’s very athletic as we all know and can knock down the 3ball at a decently high rate (38%)! The last time I saw a player who was this gifted athletically and can knock down the 3 ball this well was Jason Richardson, offensively I’m pretty impressed with Lavine and with a passer like Trae you’d have to believe his FG% from the floor will rise....

But defensively he is known to be a bad defender even though I think he should be able to be a lot better on that end than he has shown . A guy this athletic has to have some kind of upside defensively that can impact the game when their locked in, that is my belief anyways.

just my two cents about Lavine. I think he can be had for a top 5 lottery pick this offseason plus Huerter if you really want him.

........on second thought I do wonder if Schlenk and LP are ready to fully commit to Cam and Hunter as a starters together right now going into next season .... If we got Lavine, Huerter I would assume would be gone along with our lottery pick so backup SG or SF spot would be open and we’d have a healthy competition with Cam vs Hunter for starting SF spot.
I kind of like this scenario. Anyways I believe Cam would beat out Hunter for the SF starting spot and man oh man would that be a hell of an athletic ass starting lineup around Trae!

Trae surrounded around so much explosive athleticism in starting unit with Lavine, Reddish, Collins, Capela would be insane! ....a bench unit of Teague, Joe Harris , Hunter, dedmon (PF on offense to space floor for Trez), Trez (at center offensively) .......not bad! Perhaps incredibly unlikely but thats a playoff team for sure.

Not sure the remedy to this team is to bring in another bad team all star.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think they are committed to Reddish, Hunter, and Trae. My question goes to Collins but only due to money. The JJJ rumor is something along the lines I think they would move him for. But it won't just be a salary dump. A very good player will have to come back in return. I think Huerter can be a special role player along the lines of Kyle Korver. If he is moved, we better get at least a very good role player in return.

I am being serious when I say this. I think getting Capela and Dedmon should be enough help for LP. Another role player or two is  icing on the cake. If Schlenk trades any of his drafted players right now, I expect they will all do well under another coach. I think that would be a real shame if our return is less.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Not sure the remedy to this team is to bring in another bad team all star.

A Russell Westbrook wanna be but already has too much of that attitude most of the time. We have seen what a strain on the locker room can be like not so, so long ago. So would rather not go that route.

• Like 2

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JTB said:

If we got Lavine, Huerter I would assume would be gone along with our lottery pick so backup SG or SF spot would be open and we’d have a healthy competition with Cam vs Hunter for starting SF spot.

I think there would be a good chance that Hunter would start over Cam even if Cam was clearly better because Cam can substitute in off the bench for either Lavine or Hunter while Hunter really fits more squarely at SF and Lavine at SG.  That assumes that LP would end up giving Cam and Hunter about the same number of minutes anyway.  Gets blown out of the water if he concludes that one deserves fundamentally more minutes than the other (in which case that guy is likely the starter).

On 4/6/2020 at 12:23 PM, NBASupes said:

This is true. My guy has said Atlanta wants Harris from Brooklyn. The Knicks are also in on Harris and I was told will likely land him. A name that stood out but I don't think will be available is Gordon Hayward. It was said Atlanta has a lot of interest

Others are obviously Trez and of course Davis Bertrans who like Harris is seen as a sure bet for another team (WAS). 

As for the draft, I was told Atlanta is open to anything. They want to add shooting but they could go the route of filling a need. I was told if a team offered the caliber of Zach LaVine or a player in that caliber, they would do the deal. I'll doubt this would happen but I was told Devin Booker is a target. I can't imagine how bad that defense would be.

You know what’s interesting about this that no one has pointed out ? @AHF @Peoriabird @Buzzard @Thomas

maybe I’m reaching here and that’s fine I’m just speculating....anyways I find it interesting that all these possible targets  aren’t just shooters but also STARTING caliber Shooting Guards.....I’m not overthinking it as I’m convinced like many fans  that Reddish and Hunter will be hawks long term but I am not convinced that Schlenk and front office are looking to start them both at SG/SF next season like many fans including myself wanted to see. Seems to me (and assuming you find supes guy as credible as i do) that the hawks are looking for a starting Level SG in free agency as a top priority who happens to be a good shooter.
If Schlenk were to land any of these SGs...Joe Harris, Devin Booker, Gordon Hayward, or a talent level player on the same level as Zach LaVine.....that guy would walk in as the starting SG