• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The point I keep making is that we were last in 3 point shooting percentage...not in the middle...not # 20 but last!!!  And if you suck that bad at something, you should try to find other ways to win games

They honestly do not get it. We are a horribly coached team and the only time we win is when we shoot 40% from three. Well coached teams can do more than just chuck threes and hope for lightning to strike.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

They honestly do not get it. We are a horribly coached team and the only time we win is when we shoot 40% from three. Well coached teams can do more than just chuck threes and hope for lightning to strike.

Not only a terrible offensive coach but on defense too!  He puts these ridiculously small line up in place constantly that don't give the team a prayer at a defensive rebound or a stop in the lane.  And don't get me started on the ridiculous Woody switches.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

How was our defense?  There are other factors that affect winning games other than shooting 3s.  

You can't play 5 guys 48 minutes a night.   That's why Vince and these other guys are here.  

So you guys would have been  happier with the same record and we didn't shoot as many 3s.  Got it.   Because there was no magic coaching beans that would have won us more games with the roster we had this year.   You can continue to believe there was but I"m guessing no one in the nba would agree with you.  

And just one more reminder.  Winning games was not the primary objective.  

• Premium Member

This reminds me of Falcons year after year under Mike Smith and Dan Quinn...They would complain about the pass rush and change personnel constantly but would still rush 3 on 3rd and 5, rarely blitz and then drop their best past rusher Abraham/ Beasley into coverage while the fans would constantly blame the personnel. Strange.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Winning games was not the primary objective.  

Then why were there so many projections by fans on this board of a playoff run?  And also, Fans are claiming that they don't even want to use the high draft pick this year but rather trade it away.  Why tank for a pick that you don't want?

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Winning games was not the primary objective.  

Plus Schlenk has already traded 1 1st round pick for Capela, traded for Dedmon and Teague.  If he doesn't want to win, this is a strange way to try to lose

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Then why were there so many projections by fans on this board of a playoff run?  And also, Fans are claiming that they don't even want to use the high draft pick this year but rather trade it away.  Why tank for a pick that you don't want?

omg.  Because fans don't run the team!!!!!!!#$@$@#$.      Did the front office project playoffs?   No.  in fact they projected 31 wins.  

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Lord help you both @JayBirdHawk and @macdaddy. Here is LP's system. In our 29 Wins this season, we shot 39.78% from three. So in a nutshell, all we have to do is lead the league in 3pt shooting and we have a chance to compete. And to remind you, by compete, I mean just that.

Even when we shot a league leading percentage from downtown, we have not exactly been blowing people away in those 29 wins.

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The point I keep making is that we were last in 3 point shooting percentage...not in the middle...not # 20 but last!!!  And if you suck that bad at something, you should try to find other ways to win games

15.4%, 16.7% and 5%, 27%......anyone guess what these are?

3 point percentages of two of our starters (Len and Cam) in Oct and Nov respectively....I would guess that the OVERALL team percentages reflects these numbers. Hard to recover from such abysmal nimbers.

Again, on a rebuilding team relying on youth, I try to evaluate the season based on improvement over the course of the season, month by month.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

15.4%, 16.7% and 5%, 27%......anyone guess what these are?

3 point percentages of two of our starters (Len and Cam) in Oct and Nov respectively....I would guess that the OVERALL team percentages reflects these numbers. Hard to recover from such abysmal nimbers.

Again, on a rebuilding team relying on youth, I try to evaluate the season based on improvement over the course of the season, month by month.

What would be so wrong with exploring other ways to score like featuring John Collins more or attacking the rim more or just playing bigger to increase your defensive rebounding percentage since the guys can't shoot well?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, macdaddy said:

How was our defense?  There are other factors that affect winning games other than shooting 3s.  

You can't play 5 guys 48 minutes a night.   That's why Vince and these other guys are here.  

So you guys would have been  happier with the same record and we didn't shoot as many 3s.  Got it.   Because there was no magic coaching beans that would have won us more games with the roster we had this year.   You can continue to believe there was but I"m guessing no one in the nba would agree with you.  

And just one more reminder.  Winning games was not the primary objective.  

You and the rest of those who think we were not trying to win don't have a foot to stand on. We replaced Dedmon for a much more productive offensive player in Parker and we traded for Crabbe who is a career .387 3PT shooter vs Bazemore who is a career .350 3PT shooter.

For those that still need me to spell it out:

Fernando .135 3PT%, .605 2P%

Dedmon .222 3PT%, .704 2P%

Bembry .231 3P%, .546 2P%

Len .250 3P%, .627 2P%

Parker .270 3P%, .601 2P%

Goodwin .299 3P%, .485 2P%

Sooner or later a light needed to go off and LP should have stopped letting these guys chuck and started setting them up inside. Thinking you can get blood out of a turnip is not being a good developmental coach. Its being an undisciplined one; who does not care how ridiculous we look to the other teams game planning for us.

Other teams coach to his players: "Sag off of them all night, everyone will chuck a three. We just need to be prepared to crash the boards and get the ball back." And it takes discipline to play team defense to. If we don't have it on the offensive end, why would you expect it on the defensive end?

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

What would be so wrong with exploring other ways to score like featuring John Collins more or attacking the rim more or just playing bigger to increase your defensive rebounding percentage since the guys can't shoot well?

Nothing would be wrong with that; except our developmental coach would have to admit he cannot make everyone shoot like Trae or Collins.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Nothing would be wrong with that; except our developmental coach would have to admit he cannot make everyone shoot like Trae or Collins.

Every time we sign a player like a Clint Capela, the question is always can he shoot 3's or how will he fit with Collins in the front court.  I'm hear to tell y'all that this obsession with 3's is unjustified.

60% of the bottom 10 teams in 3 point attempts are in the playoffs. Only 10% of the bottom 10 teams in rebounding differential are in the playoffs.  The actual number is 1 and that is the Houston Rockets.  So this obsession with 3 point shooting over rebounding is just difficult for me to understand.

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

You and the rest of those who think we were not trying to win don't have a foot to stand on. We replaced Dedmon for a much more productive offensive player in Parker and we traded for Crabbe who is a career .387 3PT shooter vs Bazemore who is a career .350 3PT shooter.

For those that still need me to spell it out:

Fernando .135 3PT%, .605 2P%

Dedmon .222 3PT%, .704 2P%

Bembry .231 3P%, .546 2P%

Len .250 3P%, .627 2P%

Parker .270 3P%, .601 2P%

Goodwin .299 3P%, .485 2P%

Sooner or later a light needed to go off and LP should have stopped letting these guys chuck and started setting them up inside. Thinking you can get blood out of a turnip is not being a good developmental coach. Its being an undisciplined one; who does not care how ridiculous we look to the other teams game planning for us.

Other teams coach to his players: "Sag off of them all night, everyone will chuck a three. We just need to be prepared to crash the boards and get the ball back." And it takes discipline to play team defense to. If we don't have it on the offensive end, why would you expect it on the defensive end?

These are your examples?  Sometimes i think everyone is just bored.  Not a single one of these guys even played very much and they certainly weren't jacking 3s at an alarming rate.  I can't believe your argument is that LP sucks because he let Bruno shoot 37 3s on the season. 

So this is what i'm hearing:

- Winning WAS our primary objective for the season as evidenced by our acquisition of Crabbe and Parker

- If we wanted to win we should have designed an offense that played to the strengths of Bruno, Bembry, Parker etc. rather than Trae, Heurter, Cam, Hunter, Collins?

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

- If we wanted to win we should have designed an offense that played to the strengths of Bruno, Bembry, Parker etc. rather than Trae, Heurter, Cam, Hunter, Collins?

If we wanted to win, we would play a little defense, rebound the ball and stop turning it over.  Oh wait, that's how you develop players.  You teach your quarterback how to throw interceptions, teach your running backs how to fumble and the Corner backs how to get burn so that in the long run, they will be better...Just work on those Hail Mary's

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I dont see what the complaining is all about, The front office did not give coach much to work with, almost forcing his hand to  play and develop the youth. The GM public admitted as much. Yet people still think LP did this himself lol.

The complaint is that its not all on the players...The team has basically 2 all stars in Trae and John and should beat the freaking Bulls and Knicks.  Or at the very least have a .5 record against Cleveland, Bulls Knicks, Wizards and Charlotte but they don't.  They should not be the worst at defense or rebounding.  That's on the coach.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, macdaddy said:

These are your examples?  Sometimes i think everyone is just bored.  Not a single one of these guys even played very much and they certainly weren't jacking 3s at an alarming rate.  I can't believe your argument is that LP sucks because he let Bruno shoot 37 3s on the season. 

So this is what i'm hearing:

- Winning WAS our primary objective for the season as evidenced by our acquisition of Crabbe and Parker

I commend you for continuing this discussion.  It stopped making sense to me long ago.

Just ask them why they're clamoring for us to follow in the footsteps of every failed organization in the league.  None of them will answer that question .... for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1