• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Watching Pels / Mavs......doesn't look like Mavs interested in playing defense...

REHawksFan

3 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

25/10/10 is impressive.  He and Trae are best players from last years draft.  

Agreed. But I still dont see the Mavs doing anything this year..Pels stink without Zion out there..Also the Mavs roster is old as fk..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

25/10/10 is impressive.  He and Trae are best players from last years draft.  

Luka has the most unassuming stats on a regular basis. He's just solid if unspectacular until late in the game. He has the drive for a bucket and then the banked 3 and boom he's sitting on 25. Up to that point it was inefficient night. Something like 17 pts on 15 shots. Nothing too impressive. But end of the night he's got the best line and is just solid. I'll give him that. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I like the early takes, but so much changes throughout the season. Players start the season motivated and healthy, so we see the best of a lot of them (effort wise, results vary). Once we hit game 30 we won’t have these hot takes. Who is still hungry, who is still healthy, etc..

It is fun to see the early drama in the league though.

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Luka has the most unassuming stats on a regular basis. He's just solid if unspectacular until late in the game. He has the drive for a bucket and then the banked 3 and boom he's sitting on 25. Up to that point it was inefficient night. Something like 17 pts on 15 shots. Nothing too impressive. But end of the night he's got the best line and is just solid. I'll give him that. 

He is really good on the move, that's where he is tough. He is not as good on the ball as Trae but he very good on and off the ball. Very difficult to defend

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is really good on the move, that's where he is tough. He is not as good on the ball as Trae but he very good on and off the ball. Very difficult to defend

Yeah, I think he's really good. I guess for me there's just nothing really flashy about him. I don't see him take over games and just dominate. And yet, at the end of the night, he's filled up the stat sheet. Solid player. Consistent. Really really good. But there's just something missing. The elite players like LBJ, Harden, Steph, Kawhi, etc... all take over games and dominate. I just don't really see that with Luka. I do however see that with Trae.

EDIT: I admit I don't watch all of Luka's games so I know I could have missed something with him. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah, I think he's really good. I guess for me there's just nothing really flashy about him. I don't see him take over games and just dominate. And yet, at the end of the night, he's filled up the stat sheet. Solid player. Consistent. Really really good. But there's just something missing. The elite players like LBJ, Harden, Steph, Kawhi, etc... all take over games and dominate. I just don't really see that with Luka. I do however see that with Trae.

I get what you're saying. I just don't see the "generational talent" in him that others see. He's certainly better than I expected before the Draft, but I'm still not the least bit upset about trading him away as if we traded away a Lebron or something. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I get what you're saying. I just don't see the "generational talent" in him that others see. He's certainly better than I expected before the Draft, but I'm still not the least bit upset about trading him away as if we traded away a Lebron or something. 

He's more of a James Harden than a LeBron. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

He's more of a James Harden than a LeBron. 

Even that may be a stretch since Harden is an elite scorer. He reminds me of Joe Johnson minus the defense. That's not a knock on either player. JJ in his prime carried the Hawks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1