Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Those are some pretty damning numbers, ouch.

His defense is no secret, but his 3 point shot chart is more alarming to me.  I’d much rather have him taking the bulk of them from the corner (where he and all NBA players shoot the highest percentage) and having a wing tasked with getting back first in transition when he misses instead of one of the worst defenders in the league.  Now that’s all on CLP for allowing Trae’s immobility off the ball to promote poor strategy.  

Those long misses from three sap energy from the team, especially since defenders don’t honor his dribbling head fake like they did last season and rather live with a few makes knowing he doesn’t engage in anything that doesn’t involve him on the ball.  Simply put Trae wants everything easy.

Edited by benhillboy

Just now, kg01 said:

Bro, there's some dudes sitting at home watching the 3pt contest saying the exact same thing.  Let that sock sink in.

The guys at the bar. I can’t believe Lebron missed a 360 jam from the free throw line...

As they drop a nacho...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Fine names but some serious recency bias in those lists (especially the dream lineup).

Agreed but we have to remember that we are from the Jordan, Hakeem area where Trae is Lebron, 🧁 and Kobe.

Mine would be (Trae included)

Trae (Not included then it’s Magic)

Jordan

Nique

Karl Malone (or Duncan) 

Hakeem

• Moderators

Was showing some bball highlights to the kids and came across the nc state houston game.   How do you not win a championship with Hakeem and Drexler on your college team?  and second half i think Clyde had like 2 points.  What the heck? 

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Was showing some bball highlights to the kids and came across the nc state houston game.   How do you not win a championship with Hakeem and Drexler on your college team?  and second half i think Clyde had like 2 points.  What the heck? 

Don’t give up! Don’t ever give up! That’s how!

-Jimmy V 

Never underestimate the heart of a champion. JIMMY V RUDY T

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed but we have to remember that we are from the Jordan, Hakeem area where Trae is Lebron, 🧁 and Kobe.

Mine would be (Trae included)

Trae (Not included then it’s Magic)

Jordan

Nique

Karl Malone (or Duncan) 

Hakeem

That is why I said recency bias.  I think Trae is enough of a scholar of the game that I expect him to know about the all-time greats from before 2010.  LeBron is a great choice.  Shaq is suspect but defensible.  Kobe and Durant shouldn't be even a conversation.  Unless you are talking about just your personal favorites.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is why I said recency bias.  I think Trae is enough of a scholar of the game that I expect him to know about the all-time greats from before 2010.  LeBron is a great choice.  Shaq is suspect but defensible.  Kobe and Durant shouldn't be even a conversation.  Unless you are talking about just your personal favorites.

Ya, my choice at sf would irk some but he’s the greatest Hawk of my generation. 😊 

• Like 2