• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

He should have said NO, we are gonna be pretenders. That would have been hilarious 😂.

According to Adrian Wojnarowski from ESPN, the Cleveland Cavaliers trasded Lauri Markkanen, Ochair Agbaji, Collin Sexton, three unprotected first-round picks, and two pick swaps to Utah Jazz for Donovan Mitchell. “Obviously, it’s a great addition to the team,” Cedi Osman shared his reaction to the trade with BasketNews. “I believe that everybody [in the organization] is excited.” Does he see the Cavaliers being contenders in Eastern Conference in the upcoming season? “Definitely,” Osman answered with confidence.
Source: Edvinas Jablonskis @ BasketNews

Danny, is this about you? 🤔 

i_96_95_84_donovan-mitchell.png?w=190

• Haha 1

I’m Mike (‘s son) and y’all Pippen.. :er:

i_39_ad_6c_scottie-pippen.png?w=190

Scottie Pippen’s probably not going to like this — his ex-wife is in Miami seemingly getting cozy with his old teammate’s son … and not just any teammate, it’s Michael Jordan. Larsa Pippen was spotted Sunday at Zuma — a Japanese restaurant right in the heart of downtown — with none other than Marcus Jordan … and the two of them, we’re told, appeared to be on a double date of some sort with another couple at their table.

What the Furkan Korkmaz is this????? :frantics:

Turkey will walk away from EuroBasket if no action taken on Furkan Korkmaz assault

i_63_15_4e_furkan-korkmaz.png?w=190

Turkish representatives have revealed that Korkmaz – who was ejected along with Sanadze – was attacked in the hallway outside of the locker rooms of the Tbilisi Arena and asked for the punishment of those who did it. Whether or not FIBA decide to investigate this remains to be seen but Turkey have stated that if they do not do anything, they will walk out of the tournament.

via TalkBasket
Edited by Spud2nique

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol.

I think both the Jazz and Kincks are BOTH trying to now spin the narrative in their favour since neither team got what they wanted.

Jazz didn't get the Knick haul they wanted and Knicks didn't get Mitchell.

They deserve each other.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol.

I think both the Jazz and Kincks are BOTH trying to now spin the narrative in their favour since neither team got what they wanted.

Jazz didn't get the Knick haul they wanted and Knicks didn't get Mitchell.

They deserve each other.

Indeed they do. Can somebody throw a stick at Danny sTrainge or something. @kg01 you up for it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Sadly, it's Ric(k) Bucher so I know it's false.  It would be totally hilarious if that's what happened tho. 

• Haha 2

Based on her comments, I'm wondering if Margaret Court stormed the capitol last January. 🙃

On a serious note, she's not wrong in thinking she's forgotten when compared to Serena's attention.  But it's not Serena's fault.  It's because Court last played in like 19-aught-7 or something.  There ain't no youtube videos of her.  Sad, true.

Folks question Wilt and Russell's greatness mainly because most of the people who saw them in their primes are ded.

They can't lash out at Jordan and Lebron like it's their fault the way Court is lashing out at Serena.  Ma'am, you 80.  All due respect ... which is what you say before saying something disrespectful... No need to thirst for attention at this point. 

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Based on her comments, I'm wondering if Margaret Court stormed the capitol last January. 🙃

On a serious note, she's not wrong in thinking she's forgotten when compared to Serena's attention.  But it's not Serena's fault.  It's because Court last played in like 19-aught-7 or something.  There ain't no youtube videos of her.  Sad, true.

Folks question Wilt and Russell's greatness mainly because most of the people who saw them in their primes are ded.

They can't lash out at Jordan and Lebron like it's their fault the way Court is lashing out at Serena.  Ma'am, you 80.  All due respect ... which is what you say before saying something disrespectful... No need to thirst for attention at this point. 

Sadly, the media has made me sick of the Williams sisters. Honestly, I liked them at the beginning, but Serena, like Lebron, not my cup of tea. Margaret Court, didn’t she play against lady plumbers 👩‍🔧 and ish? :nailbiting:

Ps That Kerigos guy. He might be the most annoying athlete of all time. He is such a whiny lil piece of.. oh I smell 👃🏾 weed, ITS NY CITY!!!! YOU’RE GONNA SMELL SEX, WEED, KIDS LETTING BUBBLES GO… ish happens, just shut up and play already. I hate that guy.

Agree with Court here for sure. Serena has very little respect for her opponents throughout the years. Respect 🫡 is needed in the sport of tennis 🎾 more than others to me. It’s a gentleman’s game. Or gentle… lady .. RESPECT. RESPECT. It matters.

Court had one more shot to take at Williams, noting that she barely mentioned Tomljanovic following her loss.

“I thought it was bad that Williams didn’t mention her opponent more when she spoke,” Court said. “We were taught to honor our opponent. We respected one another.”

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Agree with Court here for sure. Serena has very little respect for her opponents throughout the years. Respect 🫡 is needed in the sport of tennis 🎾 more than others to me. It’s a gentleman’s game. Or gentle… lady .. RESPECT. RESPECT. It matters.

Court had one more shot to take at Williams, noting that she barely mentioned Tomljanovic following her loss.

“I thought it was bad that Williams didn’t mention her opponent more when she spoke,” Court said. “We were taught to honor our opponent. We respected one another.”

I'll gently pushback on this using my guy Isola as evidence.

Isola is a huge tennis fan and a Serena-hater.  He mentioned last week that Court's career rivaled Serena's, so it was odd that no one brought that up amidst all the Serena GOAT talk.  That's all fair.

But, despite his animus towards her, he made it clear that the Williams sisters have always been very respectful.   Serena, in particular, is very well-liked by her peers despite suggestions otherwise by 'media' folk.

He said, whenever she's asked about being the GOAT, she defers and declines to go down the road of self-promotion.  When asked about her being able to beat men, she always says that it's laughable and says she probably couldn't even win a set vs a comparable male player.

I think the coverage of the Williams sisters has soured a lotta folks against them, but they themselves aren't the cocky, arrogant people many think they are.

• Thanks 1

After reading a bit more of the Court article, I don't think it was about Serena at all.  It seemed she has several axes to grind and just used the Serena stuff as her vehicle to do so.

She's been an outcast for a long time for reasons that seem a bit unfair(ish), jmho.  It's sad that she's not hailed as much as she probably should be.  But this situation pre-dates Serena, clearly.  She's just using Serena for clout.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Isola is a huge tennis fan and a Serena-hater.

Wow, is this dude, me? 

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think the coverage of the Williams sisters has soured a lotta folks against them, but they themselves aren't the cocky, arrogant people many think they are.

Time and money change people. I think they started out respectful but it faded as the years went on.

31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Court's career rivaled Serena's, so it was odd that no one brought that up amidst all the Serena GOAT talk.  That's all fair.

I been a tennis guy since the mid 80’s, played high school varsity singles #2 (pat on back thank you) and followed the sport since then.

The major names I heard from the women’s game:

Martina

Graf

Chris

Seles

I don’t remember them even mentioning Court. To me, this signals she was blackballed from being mentioned for some reason.. the reason: she’s a d!ck! 

Sadly, race plays a huge part in this as well. 

My MIL (or GIL (girlfriend in law)) despises Serena. The lady is 80. She’s white. Her and I usually are in disagreement about many things. @kg01 she is a big believer in supporting “Cali” teams. I’m ATL, we differ, I’m Detroit 🏈, we differ. 

Yet, we make it work in this spinning place we call Mother Earth 🌎, round and beautiful… (or flat and beautiful if you’re Kyme). :pilot:

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's sad that she's not hailed as much as she probably should be.  But this situation pre-dates Serena, clearly.  She's just using Serena for clout.

Again, I pride myself on memory.. Graf, Monica Seles, Martina Nav..

Just goes to show you, piss off LGBQT and you piss off the world. 🏃‍♀️ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Again, I pride myself on memory.. Graf, Monica Seles, Martina Nav..

Just goes to show you, piss off LGBQT and you piss off the world. 🏃‍♀️ 

Really weird how that happens.  Anything other than blind obedience is met with total disdain and ostracization.

Ya know ..... some people's beliefs just differ.  Doesn't necessarily make them 'phobic'.  It's a way more nuanced discussion than that community allows ... but I've said too much.....

And on the humility of the Williams sisters topic, Isola's comments were in reference to how they are today.  Not how they used to be.  Jussayin', media perception paints people in odd ways. 

• Like 2

What’s this? He’s keeping receipts 🧾 huh? Ok, remember that time you almost cried after the 2016 OKC game 2 press conference? It’s like that kid in kindergarten who peed his pants 👖 people don’t forget. My friend did that, peed his pants 👖 no seriously a friend of mine, I wasn’t there but other friends confirmed it and so did this girl that worked at a local diner years later 😂 

What's worse, Cavs fans that don't realize how lucky they were to have Lebron the 2nd time or Rapts fans that don't acknowledge how lucky they were to have Kawhi?

If Lebron had been born literally an hour in either direction, he never would've gone to CLE after leaving.

And TOR fans walk around like they got Kawhi a ring not the other way around.  They been solid-but-ceiling'd at best before and after his year there.

22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

And TOR fans walk

Around being cocky. Oooh ohhh we invented basketball 🏀 ya but you came in 95, you were extremely lucky to have hit on Vince, then Bosh and Barg… :huh:..

Kawhi brought them the ring. That can’t be a debate I’m sorry. I love Kawhi btw hope he comes back and rips the scrubs a new one.

• Like 1