• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

🚨 Mark Cuban said Luka Doncic is working on a secret move to debut next season!!! what do y’all think it is???

image.gif.7bb1e2644fb63716ab6ed1d7072f963e.gif

Cubes is such a fraud.  Only move comin outta DAL is whine-dancin'.  Everybody's gonna put on a pair 'a boots and squeeze into some Wranglers that're 2 sizes too small.   Then they gonna complain to the refs about foul calls.....

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Cubes is such a fraud.  Only move comin outta DAL is whine-dancin'.  Everybody's gonna put on a pair 'a boots and squeeze into some Wranglers that're 2 sizes too small.   Then they gonna complain to the refs about foul calls.....

I hate them.

The all Bucks 80’s remake started with Dirk and Nash in the late 90’s and garnered a rather … eastern euro type characteristics.. (can I say that.. it’s politically correct right.. ok good thanks..) fan base..

Then they became realgm mods..

They they banned Spud on far less things that others who say outlandish stuff and never get banned. I was targeted like @Sothron. BY TEXASCHICK 

They think we’re mad at them for the Luka trade? Still? Geez, the ego. I swear on my mother if we redid the draft I’d take Trae again. F Luka that ish ain’t gonna work. He went as far as he will ever go last year. 

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I hate them.

The all Bucks 80’s remake started with Dirk and Nash in the late 90’s and garnered a rather … eastern euro type characteristics.. (can I say that.. it’s politically correct right.. ok good thanks..) fan base..

They they banned Spud on far less things that others who say outlandish stuff and never get banned. I was targeted like @Sothron. BY TEXASCHICK 

They think we’re mad at them for the Luka trade? Still? Geez, the ego. I swear on my mother if we redid the draft I’d take Trae again. F Luka that ish ain’t gonna work. He went as far as he will ever go last year. 

It's maddening they think we still GAF about that trade.  We're so far over it, it's ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It's maddening they think we still GAF about that trade.  We're so far over it, it's ridiculous.

Ya it’s kind of sad. They should move on and believe in their heart of hearts that we have as well. It’s crazy how some fan bases reflect on their franchises in other fan’s views.

That’s why I just wear Hawks gear and help old people get across the street. :justkidding:

If it ever comes up later in the day…

Nana: this lovely young man (in my 40’s) helped me make my way across the street with all my groceries… 

Hot young niece (in her 20’s let’s say): Oh that’s so great Nana, who was this guy, is he a local? What a great guy!

Nana: I don’t know but he was devilishly handsome.. HANDSOMER than the competition and he was wear a bada$$ ATLANTA HAWKS🧢… (it’s my fantasy, Grandma 👵 talks like that ok). :huh:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya it’s kind of sad. They should move on and believe in their heart of hearts that we have as well. It’s crazy how some fan bases reflect on their franchises in other fan’s views.

That’s why I just wear Hawks gear and help old people get across the street. :justkidding:

If it ever comes up later in the day…

Nana: this lovely young man (in my 40’s) helped me make my way across the street with all my groceries… 

Hot young niece (in her 20’s let’s say): Oh that’s so great Nana, who was this guy, is he a local? What a great guy!

Nana: I don’t know but he was devilishly handsome.. HANDSOMER than the competition and he was wear a bada$$ ATLANTA HAWKS🧢… (it’s my fantasy, Grandma 👵 talks like that ok). :huh:

This part (the bolded).

Oh and does hawt neice have a hawter friend?  Asking for your friend. 🙃

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I hate them.

I don't post anywhere near as much over there because of that TexasChuck guy. I had other mods and retired mods warn me he was trying to find ways to get me banned. I guess they aren't used to Hawks fans who actually post and have an opinion they don't agree with.

And I also don't care about the trade. Trae is a superstar. He's simply better than Luka is. Trae does more and does it more efficiently on offense than Luka does and they both are terrible on defense so that's essentially a wash. Trae is a better fit than Luka in Atlanta and yes, let me be the white guy that says it: we all know why Trae is a better fit in the ATL than Luka. And yes, it is about skin color and attitude/personality.

I would never do that trade over again because we got the better player and the #10 pick in the draft out of it as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I don't post anywhere near as much over there because of that TexasChuck guy. I had other mods and retired mods warn me he was trying to find ways to get me banned. I guess they aren't used to Hawks fans who actually post and have an opinion they don't agree with.

And I also don't care about the trade. Trae is a superstar. He's simply better than Luka is. Trae does more and does it more efficiently on offense than Luka does and they both are terrible on defense so that's essentially a wash. Trae is a better fit than Luka in Atlanta and yes, let me be the white guy that says it: we all know why Trae is a better fit in the ATL than Luka. And yes, it is about skin color and attitude/personality.

I would never do that trade over again because we got the better player and the #10 pick in the draft out of it as well.

Do you mean you would do the trade over again?   I agree with all that. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

The guy purposely targets Hawk-related threads and posts, and lurks here btw, then suggests we are obsessed with them.  It's really odd.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The guy purposely targets Hawk-related threads and posts, and lurks here btw, then suggests we are obsessed with them.  It's really odd.

Yeah when he confessed he stalks me over here on the Squawk but doesn't post it made my literally laugh out loud at my desk. How is that not obsession to stalk someone and not even participate in another board? I don't care if he wants to follow my posts here but feel free to talk to us. We won't bite, I promise.

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Definitely this.

Literally every Hawk post/thread waiting for anyone to complain.  Then swoops in with the "you Hawks fans always, blah, blah, blah..."

Like, get some business dude, so you can mind your own.

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Yeah when he confessed he stalks me over here on the Squawk but doesn't post it made my literally laugh out loud at my desk. How is that not obsession to stalk someone and not even participate in another board? I don't care if he wants to follow my posts here but feel free to talk to us. We won't bite, I promise.

One day he gon' be sitting at your desk like, "Why're you so obsessed with me soth?"

• Haha 3

Agreed. Christopher Columbus was a monger. Agreed 100 💯 

🎵 This land is MY land (nope) this land is YOUR land, from California (where spud resides..) to the Virgin Islands…

i_dd_52_26_jalen-rose.png?w=190

“Can we retire using ‘Mount Rushmore’? That should be offensive to all of us, especially Native Americans, the Indigenous people who were the first people here before Christopher Columbus,” Rose said. “That land was stolen from them when it was discovered that it contained gold. And 25 years later, to add insult to injury, four American presidents were put on what we call Mount Rushmore on the top of the dead bodies that is buried right underneath. “So, I call for you and for myself — I’m owning this, too — let’s stop using the term ‘Mount Rushmore’ when we’re talking about our favorite rappers, talking about our favorite movies, talking about our favorite players.”

I wish people would quit trying to change history.  Washington Football had to change their name.  Cleveland Baseball team had to change their name.  Atlanta Baseball team has a great relationship with Cherokee, NC and maybe their name is safe.

History happened, like it or not.  

About that trade.  It's history.  The Squawk likes it.  

🥰

• Like 2

Cherokee High School is in the Smoky Mountain Conference.  So is my school, Hayesville.  Their team is called The Braves.  Bet no one can change their name because they are really Indians.  

😎

• Like 1