• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2020 NBA Draft: Center or SG

hawkster911

With the rate we’ve been losing, would you draft James Wiseman (Center) 7’-1” or Anthony Edwards (Shooting Guard) 6’-4”?  Your thoughts?

My recommendation is Anthony Edwards (SG) and Vernon Carey (Center Duke) with Brooklyn’s pick.  Then, aggressively pursue Giannis Antetokounmpo during free agency.  

PG: Trae Young

SG: Anthony Edwards 

SF:  D. Hunter

PF: G. Antetokounmpo 

C: John Collins 

BPA - Edwards. I would draft the BPA no matter what unless it's at PG. We are pretty clear Trae is a franchise player. But with that Brooklyn pick, if the best player is a PG, I'll do it and we have a long term backup PG. 

Giannis likely ain't coming but if he does, that would be amazing. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

I think Anthony Edwards represents BPA and arguably best fit right now. 

It will be harder to find that second guy we need to take some of the ball handling and pressure off of Trae. He looks every bit the part of an elite slasher. That half court bounce pass was the most beautiful pass I’ve ever seen from a college player. He’s got a good pull up shot out to about 24-25 ft. Very athletic. Reminds me of a bigger Donovan Mitchell. NBA ready body. 6’5” 220 with a +4 wingspan. Explosive athlete. Legitimate lead scorer type talent. Solid defender with potential to be great. Has a high level of confidence and certain degree of poise. 

Trae Young

Anthony Edwards

DeAndre Hunter

John Collins

Rim protector/finisher

Thats enough talent to contend.

Edited by EazyRoc
  • Like 1

Sothron,

#1 or #2 pick will be James Wiseman (Center) and hot free agent in Ghiannis Antetokounmpo.  John Collins is too good to be a bench player.

SG: Kevin Huerter

PF: G. Antetokounmpo / John Collins

Center: James Wiseman / John Collins

Edited by hawkster911

both.gif

I'll take it from here, lil' lady.

The real answer is BPA, unless it's a pg.

That said, I kinda hope we don't draft anyone.  Trade for some real help as I'm not convinced we'll find that in the draft.

No one, not even the venerable @NBASupes (who punted on the question on the draft subforum, I mean seriously when has KingSupes punted on a direct question?  smh) has been able to convince me Edwards is more Brad Beal than Zack Lavine.

And I'm not sold on Wiseman or any centers nowadays, for that matter.  Too many fake-a** Chris Bosh's - make no mistake, Bosh was a beast in TOR, stop judging him off roleplayer'ing in MIA.  Taking a tall guy and pretending he has a perimeter game does not make him a Chris Bosh-type.

Edited by kg01
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

both.gif

I'll take it from here, lil' lady.

The real answer is BPA, unless it's a pg.

That said, I kinda hope we don't draft anyone.  Trade for some real help as I'm not convinced we'll find that in the draft.

No one, not even the venerable @NBASupes (who punted on the question on the draft subforum, I mean seriously when has KingSupes punted on a direct question?  smh) has been able to convince me Edwards is more Brad Beal than Zack Lavine.

And I'm not sold on Wiseman or any centers nowadays, for that matter.  Too many fake-a** Chris Bosh's - make no mistake, Bosh was a beast in TOR, stop judging him off roleplayer'ing in MIA.  Taking a tall guy and pretending he has a perimeter game does not make him a Chris Bosh-type.

Wiseman is not Bosh don’t let the stature fool you. This kid is more Bagley with a motor. He’s a lot more live than Bosh. Having said that it’s always BPA for me too. 

If we get picks 1 or 2 I’m picking Wise and Ant 🐜, after that we trade for more help. Imhnco (in my humble non crab 🦀 opinion)...

😃 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Wiseman is not Bosh don’t let the stature fool you. This kid is more Bagley with a motor. He’s a lot more live than Bosh. Having said that it’s always BPA for me too. 

If we get picks 1 or 2 I’m picking Wise and Ant 🐜, after that we trade for more help. Imhnco (in my humble non crab 🦀 opinion)...

😃 

More "live" than Bosh?  Wait, did the blood clots finally get him?  (Yeah, I don't feel good about that joke either.)

I'd say what you're seeing is the fact that they are different players.  Bosh was more of a SF whereas Wiseman is more of a frontcourt-only guy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

More "live" than Bosh?  Wait, did the blood clots finally get him?  (Yeah, I don't feel good about that joke either.)

I'd say what you're seeing is the fact that they are different players.  Bosh was more of a SF whereas Wiseman is more of a frontcourt-only guy.

Ya Wiseman is definitely front court aggressive take it to the rim whereas Bosh loved the perimeter no doubt. I think both players are obviously standouts.

I go BPA, and I do honestly believe right this second with the little intel I have and just raw footage of the two players based on everything.

Anthony Edwards>James Wiseman

Trae and 🐜 2020!

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, hawkster911 said:

Sothron,

#1 or #2 pick will be James Wiseman (Center) and hot free agent in Ghiannis Antetokounmpo.  John Collins is too good to be a bench player.

SG: Kevin Huerter

There's a higher chance I get to live my dream playing for the Hawks than Greek Freak signing with us. He's not leaving the Bucks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's a higher chance I get to live my dream playing for the Hawks than Greek Freak signing with us. He's not leaving the Bucks.

Got it and made the appropriate updates:

PG: Trae Young / Sothron / #17 pick

SG: Kevin Huerter / Cam Reddish

SF:  D. Hunter / Bembry

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's a higher chance I get to live my dream playing for the Hawks than Greek Freak signing with us.

Too bad ur dad isn’t Ernie Grunfeld. He would get you a 10 day just to live out the dream. 

@Sothron, @kg01 was wondering if you would wear short shorts like John Collins and John Stockton?

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Too bad ur dad isn’t Ernie Grunfeld. He would get you a 10 day just to live out the dream. 

@Sothron, @kg01 was wondering if you would wear short shorts like John Collins and John Stockton?

My bball shorts are somewhere between the short shorts and knee high shorts. I will sometimes wear the knee high socks with them just for lulz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

My bball shorts are somewhere between the short shorts and knee high shorts. I will sometimes wear the knee high socks with them just for lulz.

I wear knee high all the time since before Jason Terry. My main man Lawrence Moten of Syracuse back in the day doh!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Got it and made the appropriate updates:

PG: Trae Young / p / #17 pick

SG: Kevin Huerter / Cam Reddish

SF:  D. Hunter / Bembry

:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:. I can't stop laughing. Happy Monday folks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd need to see how the rest of this season plays out but right now this would be a tough choice to me if both Wiseman and Edwards are there.

My quick overview of Edwards right now from what I understand:

Already very good at offense in transition. He's a threat to pass, shoot, and take it to the basket in it.

The jumper is buyable for the NBA to me. He's really worked at improving it in the recent years. 

Very good cutter off ball. 

Shows the ability to attack off the dribble against matchups good for him but could get better at identifying matchups and not pressing. Has often taken until the second half to figure out what he needs to do.

Plays very good defense when he's engaged on that end. I don't think Crean is going to help him get any more motivated there as he's never been a defensive coach. It's up to him there.

I would like to see him be better at the matchup deal. If he gets better at it, I don't really see many issues. The defensive potential is there but it's not gonna come until the NBA for the most part because the coach he's playing for doesn't really care enough about it.

I can see him going #1, but he's top 3 as long as he keeps working for sure.

• Like 1