• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Shockingly, I agree with this take.  But Dwhine had a nuance to his game, even in college, that none of these guys will touch.  IOW, best case is probably closer to a worse-shooting Zack Lavine.

Ew.

I have to admit that I am afraid of his bust potential. Passing on a homegrown product is not easy though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, txsting said:

I think this is a big man and PG draft.  Wiseman has got to be pick 1, doesn't he?  Looking forward to seeing Vernon Casey tonight against a pretty solid defensive center (James Banks of GT).  And then Okongwu brings a lot to the table.  

Dude, this is Duke.  Banks will have 3 fouls by halftime.  If we're lucky, the refs will need to give a few to our guards and our bigs will be sparred a few 'til the 2nd half.

Banks and Wright will give him a few tough possessions though.

I do agree this is a big man/pg draft though.  Which is why I hope we trade the pick for some other foolish team salivating over prospects.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dude, this is Duke.  Banks will have 3 fouls by halftime.  If we're lucky, the refs will need to give a few to our guards and our bigs will be sparred a few 'til the 2nd half.

Banks and Wright will give him a few tough possessions though.

I do agree this is a big man/pg draft though.  Which is why I hope we trade the pick for some other foolish team salivating over prospects.

Yeah, but we're home right?  I know, it won't matter.  

Personally I'm hoping for Wiseman in the draft (if we don't do a Drummond deal).  Otherwise I'd be open to moving the pick as well.

The BKN pick could be a great spot for a backup PG (Tre Jones, or Halliburton), or we could easily trade it for a vet backup PG, which could be better for where the Hawks are right now.  

3 minutes ago, txsting said:

Personally I'm hoping for Wiseman in the draft (if we don't do a Drummond deal).  Otherwise I'd be open to moving the pick as well.

The BKN pick could be a great spot for a backup PG (Tre Jones, or Halliburton), or we could easily trade it for a vet backup PG, which could be better for where the Hawks are right now.  

If Ted Valentine is officiating, we have no shot.

Honestly, if we surrender the OKC "first" and Parsons or whoever to get Drummond and sign him to a short(ish) deal, may as well draft Wiseman too.

Pick up Dunn or Ntilikina to bolster the guard rotation.  Spend the BKN pick on a guard, as you suggest.

That's the makings of a great offseason.

Where do I apply for this GM job?

1 hour ago, AHF said:

To me it lines up ideally for us to hand out several overpay, one-year contracts for a more competitive team next year. Instead of paying $13M for 3 years of someone like Dedmon, you sign that player for 1 year at $20M or a 2 year deal with a team option in the second year for a declining $36M two year deal (which is likely a one year, $18.5M deal or something like that).

I'm down with that if so. I'm just concerned that there will be enough desperate money out there to hand out multi year deals. These FAs this summer have to know they are in the cat birds seat the year PRIOR TO all of the elite players being available. Do you think the B level players are going to want to take short term deals and end up back on the market with all the A level players in 2021?  I don't know. 

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Everyone thought Millsap wasn't going to get a max deal but he got 2 years at $30 mill with a team option for the third.  If Drummond get's north of $25 million i think it'll be on a deal like that.

SAP's age probably hindered a long term signing. Drummond ain't old. Charlotte just might spend the money. Look at what they gave Terry Rozier. Terry is having a decent year but he is plays more like a combo guard in a 6'1" body.

Edited by Buzzard

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Everyone thought Millsap wasn't going to get a max deal but he got 2 years at $30 mill with a team option for the third.  If Drummond get's north of $25 million i think it'll be on a deal like that.

should have said 'everyone thought he WAS going to get a max deal or close to it.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't understand why Drummond supporters are so dense about it. It's not that we don't think he is an upgrade or think he is even good, we don't like what DET asking price is nor do we like his potential contract figures and we aren't of belief that he can turn us into a winner either. When you add how much cap space he takes, I am just not enamored with the idea of the move and even moved by 

With his talent and stats you would have to get the first pick in the draft. .  Why are you dissenters worried about a middle rd first pick for him?  

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

No. Hawks aren't trading any of their young TS drafted players. Including Bruno. Bembry and Parker is on the market. Len is and isn't. Teams are calling and Atlanta is listening but it will take a significant offer and from what I've heard, that won't happen. There is a chance Parker or Bembry could be traded but I doubt it. 

lol Bembry...

1 hour ago, txsting said:

Haliburton will be long gone before the Brooklyn pick. Maledon could be there...Not a fan of Jones..Im taking a backup PF if the pick conveys(Stewart,Achiuwa,etc) Parker wont be here next year hopefully..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

Haliburton will be long gone before the Brooklyn pick. Maledon could be there...Not a fan of Jones..Im taking a backup PF if the pick conveys(Stewart,Achiuwa,etc) Parker wont be here next year hopefully..

Hope you are right about Parker but unless someone does us a big favor in a trade Parker will be checking in with us next season am afraid. Thought it was worth the gamble when it was made by TS because the cash required wasn't too painful and he can score for us off the bench. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

I'm down with that if so. I'm just concerned that there will be enough desperate money out there to hand out multi year deals. These FAs this summer have to know they are in the cat birds seat the year PRIOR TO all of the elite players being available. Do you think the B level players are going to want to take short term deals and end up back on the market with all the A level players in 2021?  I don't know. 

If we end up with a dynamic like that, I hope our GM remembers the summer of Kent Bazemore, Evan Turner and a million other deals that GMs regretted making almost immediately.  Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't make it smart.

For a B or C level player who is worth a 3 year year, $40M contract, if you pay them $21M for a single season instead of a long-term deal then how much risk are they actually taking?

3 years for $40M =1 year $21M + 2 years at $9.5M.  If they go from getting offers of $13.3M per season to not being able to get $9M then that is a clear fail for them.  But if they can just earn 75% of what they were looking at before ($13.3M*75% = $9.975M) they will make more money under that scenario.  Seems pretty low risk to me.  Redick made a ton more money taking this approach.  He went from making ~$28M over 4 years with the Clips to over $35M in 2 years with Philly on one-year deals to $26.5M over 2 years.  If he had gone for a 4 year deal instead after leaving the Clips, does anyone think he would have gotten better than $61.5M over 4 years?  No way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

With BKN pick Halliburton, Kilian Hayes, Maledon, RJ Hampton... one or 2 of those will be available. PG tend to slip in the lottery, teams tend to invest in size and shooting and this class is very loaded at PG, is almost a fact that some very good PG will slip. We could also go big with Stewart or Carney Jr or Okongwu. Wings are really weak but is almost a guarantee 5-7 of them will go in the lottery, Edwards, Advija, McDaniels, Achiuwa, Ramsey will go there, 2 additional players might go on the lottery, Josh Greene, Maxey,  Nesmith, Okoro.... have some chances. This has been that way historically, teams bet on shooters and Centers on last years.

that means that 4-6 bigs and 4-6 PGs will be chosen before our pick.

Wiseman, Toppin, Okongwu, Carney Jr and Stewart are my bets. Outrun, Dante and Zeke might push one out of the group, that is why I think Stewart or Carney Jr might be available. Ball, Mannion, Cole Anthony will go there, Halliburton, Kilian Hayes, Maledon and Hampton come after, one or 2 of those will be available. BKN pick might be very valuable, we might find a real contributor there.

Edited by gurpilo

Ross on Friends just gave some good advice. People should stick to their plans...after all it was the plan. 

So simple yet so deep....

I hope Jaime is making Tony Ress watch some Friends episode and chill out.

Eye 👁 on the prize... 

Stay patient..

🎶 The sun 🌞 will come out tomorrow... BETCHA bottom dollar.. -Chand man

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ross on Friends just gave some good advice. People should stick to their plans...after all it was the plan. 

So simple yet so deep....

I hope Jaime is making Tony Ress watch some Friends episode and chill out.

Eye 👁 on the prize... 

Stay patient..

🎶 The sun 🌞 will come out tomorrow... BETCHA bottom dollar.. -Chand man

Would oh so much like Jami to dress like "Star" and sit on the front row where the cameras physically can not avoid her. Some memories you just can't go into detail about you know but they are still really good ones.

• Haha 1

hace 22 minutos, JTB dijo:

Maybe but we all know Cam is a project. I’d rather we keep him than giving him away  and He actually live up to what the front office thinks he could become 

Better if people are patient, Cam looks like one of those projects that might need 3-4 years to develop.