• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk Master Plan

hawkster911

On 1/11/2020 at 7:20 PM, marco102 said:

That bet was made during the summer.  So it is a summer discussion. I see you are not a man of your word. No problem.

You know the saying right...."Are you a man or are you a mouse"...."Give me some cheese, give me some cheese". Some folks are more honorable than others. Doubt there is any way to convince him cat.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LastDon said:

I think we Definitely Need Drummond and Want Drummond..Atlanta knows that offering the 1st round pick now for Drummond would only give the Pistons leverage in other trades..The pistons wont make a move on Drummond till at or near the deadline they will hold out for all they can get..At that point we will offer the 1st round pick/Dead money and try to pry Drummond away..

The pistons currently have 132 million tied up in salary this season..Keeping Drummond past the deadline is risky with potential injuries..He has an op in for 28 million which would put them in the luxury tax again for the 2020-2021 season..

I just don't think we need to out bid ourselves early.. I think that the dead money/pick we can possibly offer  is more attractive than the Pistons taking on additional seasons with Randle and Ntlikina.. 

We really don't need 2 rookies next season  with the young prospects we currently have which would make the Brooklyn pick expendable..Acquiring Drummond now would lead to an uptick in wins which would lessen our chance at the number  1 pick..Waiting near the deadline to make best offer is better because it allows us to lose more games for the number 1 pick and also put us in a position to get Drummond at a bargain with dead money and Brooklyn pick..Waiting is the best course of action..

Getting Drummond now  for a test drive is good because it allows us a chance to see how he fits in..if he doesn't fit and enter Free agency.. We still could possibly end up with a young center in James Wiseman..Acquiring Drummond really isn't that risky if the price is only dead money/pick..The key is to continue to drive the asking price down till at or near the deadline..

Schlenk is not giving up that pick! I’ve lost faith in that happening and have just look towards other things . 

I was saying the same things you were but I never believed the pick was on the table in the offer before that last report came out .

54 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I’ve said this too. I think it would be a huge benefit for us to see if he fits before we sign him. I’m not willing to give up our first or the Brooklyn first for it though. 

It will be interesting to see if Detroit lowers their demands by trade deadline or are they going to be like Charlotte and just not get anything possibly and hope Drummond agrees to a SNT shall he go to another team this summer 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

CBA rules prohibits him signing an extension now, the most he can do is pick up his option for next season.

That is correct, he can pick up  his option for next year and when he is here can resign with us.  

On 1/11/2020 at 7:04 PM, JTB said:

Schlenk is not giving up that pick! I’ve lost faith in that happening and have just look towards other things . 

I was saying the same things you were but I never believed the pick was on the table in the offer before that last report came out .

I've changed course after further research I don't wanna give up the Nets pick.. I'm with Schlenk   why get Drummond bird rights now and have the option to pay for 5th year which would increase his demands, it would lessen our pick because we will win more games, he also has a player option which protects him from injury..We are essentially playing for nothing this year.. We get Drummond he gets hurt and we are essentially paying a guy to rehab because he would opt in.. Lastly we will have the most cap space in the NBA this summer.. Detroit doesn't want to pay the luxury tax so the 5th year is not an option for Drummond..we could offer him the full 4 year max and are a more attractive destination than Cleveland.. We could probably get him for a discount.. There really isn't a market for his skill set any more.. New York will potentially have Money but aren't really interested in paying full max for a dinosaur center.Memphis? No   Raptors?No and the rest of the league is essentially called..

Edited by LastDon
  • Like 1