• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

On 1/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, NBASupes said:

I've been given good info. Ask me anything about the trade deadline. I can't say I know about most players around the league status and what not. What I can say is I know about all of the guys on the market, our guys and their rank, where we want to go as an organization, what we are looking for, and what not. I cannot talk about anyone we offered in terms of the offer and who. Please don't ask me who we offered. I can't answer. This is expected to be a slow deadline. The teams who are expected to be highly active this deadline are the Magic, Hawks, Knicks, Lakers, Sixers, Thunder, Pistons, Wizards, and Portland. A lot of teams are looking like CHA or TOR. Some teams are waiting till the offseason like BOS. Just not a lot of sellers this year and their asking price have been too high on avg. Teams expect to the prices to come down closer to the deadline. 

I was talking to a friend in the industry and I jokingly said to him, two 2nds is the new 1st with protections that turn into two 2nds. The value of the late 1st has went up and now getting a 1st from any team is EXTREMELY hard. I was told it will be extremely hard to get a 1st in this deadline. At least a real one. The player with the most trade value on the market is Luke Kennard. His rate is a late 1st and there is serious talk that DET might get it for him. DET is NOT rebuilding, they are retooling. They want players who fit their two way or 3/D potential profile like Toronto is doing. AKA players like Tony Snell. They really want one of the top PG's in this year's draft to pair with Rose like Griffin is paired with Sekou. They want to be deep and building the formula that worked for Toronto. 

Ask away. 

Could you see Brandon Ingram being a target in FA? That dude just keeps improving. Not sure if he fits with Zion..We'll see soon enough though. lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, terrell said:

Could you see Brandon Ingram being a target in FA? That dude just keeps improving. Not sure if he fits with Zion..We'll see soon enough though. lol

BI been scheduled to be maxed by NO for awhile. He's not available 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Watchman said:

Why are we basing the time frame on Pierce/Trae?  They are not the architects behind the tank.  Schlenk is.  This is the third year.

I have not once disputed or not acknowledged the tank year to get our Superstar in Trae to build around.  I've always said the tear down is easy...the rebuild is harder and takes time, which started with the hiring of Pierce and selected Trae. My first comment was that Pierce was not a part of the 24 win tear down with Bud. 

I look at this like construction - you have the General Contractor who hires a demo contractor to raze and clear the site (Bud) , then he hires the concrete guys to lay the solid foundation and build the structure (Pierce and Trae). 

@NBASupes Do you still feel like trades for Bertans and Adam's will happen so long as neither team gets a bigger offer between now and the deadline? Or is there a legit possibility OKC or Wiz pull players back and wait til summer? Moreso for Adam's since Bertans is a FA.

Speaking of, why dont Wiz have any interest in re-signing him? 

Edited by REHawksFan

14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

@NBASupes Do you still feel like trades for Bertans and Adam's will happen so long as neither team gets a bigger offer between now and the deadline? Or is there a legit possibility OKC or Wiz pull players back and wait til summer? Moreso for Adam's since Bertans is a FA.

Speaking of, why dont Wiz have any interest in re-signing him? 

Bertrans, highly unlikely. 

Adams, unlikely but there is a chance.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Parker and 2nd for Bertans?

Why the Wiz want Parker?

They're not interested in paying Bertans?

It will take more than one 2nd. 

They loved him last year and he's been productive even for us.

Money. They are paying Beal and Wall a lot and are working with limited funds. If Atlanta wasn't willing to outbid everyone badly, I doubt he would be freely available 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The Rockets are struggling recently - what are they looking for to upgrade their team?

They don't have no assets. They want to keep their 1sts. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It will take more than one 2nd. 

They loved him last year and he's been productive even for us.

Money. They are paying Beal and Wall a lot and are working with limited funds. If Atlanta wasn't willing to outbid everyone badly, I doubt he would be freely available 

They don't have no assets. They want to keep their 1sts. 

Don't they need wing defense....I'm trying to send them Bembry.