• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

It makes sense that unless you are getting a long-term player you aren't going to offer any assets, right?  This is already a lost season for competitive play.  It is now just about player development and setting up for next year.

You might have a point, but I think we’re getting to the point to where you have to try and establish a winning mindset.

No, the playoffs isn’t happening this year, but you have to make moves that say “losing is no longer acceptable”.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised at how well the little guy has held up.  (Thinks to self, Trae Young is taller and weighs more than me, he's not little in real life...lol).  

Just goes to the work he puts in. @NBASupes, has your source talked you about Trae's work ethic and how management appreciates it?  I've read nothing but good things about how humble Trae is. Now that he's a budding superstar, is he staying that way? 

He wouldn't know that although I have others who do. Trae is Trae. Everyone sees him as an extremely hard worker and a kid who wants to win and is figuring things out. His peers respect him a lot even if the former players need to be convinced. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Decent addition, but doesn’t make a big difference in terms of winning or losing. Either way, that deal has already been made. I was talking about going forward.

If Schlenk comes up with something good, I’ll give him credit, but it doesn’t sound like Travis is offering many assets.

Who do you think he should offer assets for? Which assets and for whom?

5 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

You might have a point, but I think we’re getting to the point to where you have to try and establish a winning mindset.

No, the playoffs isn’t happening this year, but you have to make moves that say “losing is no longer acceptable”.

Absolutely!!  You have to start building a winning culture, and you can’t do that when you focus is on things other than winning games.

• Thanks 1

Update: 

Breaking news: I got an update on Steven Adams. While Atlanta has made it clear that neither of the 2020 picks are available, it hasn't stopped OKC from really really really wanting it (Brooklyn 1st). To the point where he's hearing that Danilo Gallinari is possibly in the framework. Note: Before this point, Gallo was never mentioned at all. He was a player OKC wanted a 1st outright for. I've talked to a number of guys and I've been told it's unlikely OKC will get a 1st for Gallo just due to his salary. 

I am hearing some players are likely to be brought out. Iggy is obviously one, people are moving closer to that. Marvin Williams is another with MKG. Evan Turner is one I am hearing linked to Portland. 

Darren Collison is linked to LAL.

The big one he heard this morning is Dallas could be on the market for a cheap replacement of Powell. Don't be shocked if they make a move for Marvin Williams. Might cost them their Utah 2nd rounder which isn't good but it's something for CHA. 

I've been told Atlanta is open to a move for one of Denver's wing reserves. (Beasley, HG, Craig) and I asked about the values of Plumlee which I mentioned earlier and J. Grant. Atlanta sees Denver as an attractive team to speak with for trades. They also asked about M. Porter Jr. but were quickly told his availability was nil as he's a core member long term. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Update: 

Breaking news: I got an update on Steven Adams. While Atlanta has made it clear that neither of the 2020 picks are available, it hasn't stopped OKC from really really really wanting it (Brooklyn 1st). To the point where he's hearing that Danilo Gallinari is possibly in the framework. Note: Before this point, Gallo was never mentioned at all. He was a player OKC wanted a 1st outright for. I've talked to a number of guys and I've been told it's unlikely OKC will get a 1st for Gallo just due to his salary. 

I am hearing some players are likely to be brought out. Iggy is obviously one, people are moving closer to that. Marvin Williams is another with MKG. Evan Turner is one I am hearing linked to Portland. 

Darren Collison is linked to LAL.

The big one he heard this morning is Dallas could be on the market for a cheap replacement of Powell. Don't be shocked if they make a move for Marvin Williams. Might cost them their Utah 2nd rounder which isn't good but it's something for CHA. 

I've been told Atlanta is open to a move for one of Denver's wing reserves. (Beasley, HG, Craig) and I asked about the values of Plumlee which I mentioned earlier and J. Grant. Atlanta sees Denver as an attractive team to speak with for trades. They also asked about M. Porter Jr. but were quickly told his availability was nil as he's a core member long term. 

Both Gallinari and Adams to Atlanta?

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Both Gallinari and Adams to Atlanta?

Idk if Atlanta wants that. OKC is pushing in that direction. They want the most value period.

Just now, kg01 said:

I don't like Gallo so much but his inclusion probably means Bembry is gone so .... I'll allow it.

I doubt it. 

20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't heard Atlanta having interest in Gallinari. While he would be an excellent fit, he doesn't really fit the age timeline (32 years old) next season. 

If Atlanta is going to replace our senior Hawk next season when he retires, this seems to be a logical choice.  Hawks might need one old guy to hang with their young lads.

(I believe he's 10 years younger than our oldest Hawk)

Is he any good?  Is his payroll hit large?  Is he worth his $$$?

:stinker:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

If Atlanta is going to replace our senior Hawk next season when he retires, this seems to be a logical choice.  Hawks might need one old guy to hang with their young lads.

(I believe he's 10 years younger than our oldest Hawk)

Is he any good?  Is his payroll hit large?  Is he worth his $$$?

:stinker:

Gallinari is only signed through this season.  He'll be a free agent this summer.  He'd be a good vet backup.  He still gives quality minutes.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Gallinari is only signed through this season.  He'll be a free agent this summer.  He'd be a good vet backup.  He still gives quality minutes.

He's a legit starting PF. I am still not sure John is better than him. The issue is his age and he's always hurt.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Oh I agree, I'm just saying if he was signed, he'd be a quality back up to John.

He's getting to an age where maybe he would be content as a role player / 6th man going forward.  He would be potentially a good replacement for Parker if we want to use Parker in another trade.  I would love Danilo's shooting off the bench, and he would space the floor out for Teague and Bembry to get into the lane.

• Like 3

Know that TS has to like Gallinari's long range gun. That is right up his alley. Only have to pay half that 22 million salary at this point. Either way at least both teams are active at the table about Adams.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Know that TS has to like Gallinari's long range gun. That is right up his alley. Only have to pay half that 22 million salary at this point. Either way at least both teams are active at the table about Adams.

They been active the entire time.

Well cat is out of the bag it seems.  They are talking with 3 teams as I understand it. So the value from the Hawks end is the buyout potential of moving the big contracts. That if moved Turner would get bought out and will immediately be resigned elsewhere saving our trade partner a few million. Hang ups (as always) are what we include and get back. It isn't a bidding war but multiple teams are asking for the purpose of waving him and getting an asset. Similar talks were being had involving Parsons which is why we played him about a month ago (to show he was healthy). It did not go well, his foot speed and reaction time was deplorable. If insurance kicks in it could free up a bit more cap space to make this all work.

And I would have elaborated yesterday but barely have time to breathe right now.

• Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Well cat is out of the bag it seems.  They are talking with 3 teams as I understand it. So the value from the Hawks end is the buyout potential of moving the big contracts. That if moved Turner would get bought out and will immediately be resigned elsewhere saving our trade partner a few million. Hang ups (as always) are what we include and get back. It isn't a bidding war but multiple teams are asking for the purpose of waving him and getting an asset. Similar talks were being had involving Parsons which is why we played him about a month ago (to show he was healthy). It did not go well, his foot speed and reaction time was deplorable. If insurance kicks in it could free up a bit more cap space to make this all work.

And I would have elaborated yesterday but barely have time to breathe right now.

I may be dumb *pause for effect*, but this actually confuses the crap outta me.

Are you saying people want to acquire Turner or, to a lesser degree, Parsons just so they can buy them out (cap savings)?

And they're willing to send us an asset for the benefit of doing so?

Just tryna understand.  And, even if you don't have time to breathe, you always have time for kg. 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2