• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

If you follow his twitter he tweets it every time he’s getting ready to do one. I normally don’t have time to always view it.

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Question and answer via app on The Athletic.

Aha!  It was a trick question.  You both think I need a quality adjustment, huh?

Kidding, thanks for the heads up.  This guy is doing a whale of a job covering the Hawks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Adams is not even the best fit at center for us. This FA class provides centers that are at least as good as Adams.

Cheaper options and better fits as Noel, Baynes, Ibaka, Wood or Thompson, equal value same money as Drummond and Whiteside. in my opinion I would prefer Drummond over Adams and definitely Noel or Ibaka over Adams. There is absolutely no need to lose an asset for Adams. 

on the other hand Gallo may impact Hunter and Reddish development, I am sorry but I am not ready to give up on them. SG position is other history, probably we need a reliable option there that is not a liability in defense, Joe Harris would be perfect.

hace 13 minutos, AHF dijo:

Neither Noel nor Ibaka have the strength to hold up against big centers.  Neither Wood nor Thompson have the size.  They are all also UFAs and can walk.  They all seem to overlap more with situations where we would play JC at C.  Will be very interested to see the pricing on these guys in FA.  Pretty wide range of potential values. 

With Drummond, the issue is he is an UFA and can simply walk.  He can also demand a huge salary on a 5 year deal if you trade for him.  You better be certain you want him here for the long haul at that price if you are trading assets for him.

I think the big attraction for Adams is certainty that he is on your roster next year and very solid defense from him with decent contributions.  Some of the advanced stats absolutely love him and I'm not that high but he just seems like a good guy to add for team growth to me.

Umm perhaps I did not explain well my reasoning. I don’t think we need to trade for any center now. I think we need to wait till FAgency and sign one. I think we should go after Noel, Ibaka and Drummond because I think they are the best options. Noel and Ibaka should be cheaper than Adams and better fits and Drummond is a better player and I think can be had at the same price. Advanced stats tell you that Drummond and Adams have similar stats and Drummond never played with a true PG, removing isolation from his game he would be an absolute stud, he does not need to score a lot with Young and Collins on the team. Noel is simply outplaying Adams at OKC no matter what stat you look. Ibaka is a real good fit for our game.

shockingly there is only 3 cm of height advantage for Adams compared to Drummond and Noel, true that Noel does not have the weight but we have seen he can defend big centers.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I wanted to get home so I could type, not text this answer.  Gallo isn't our secondary target.

We are 2+ million still under the cap.

Assets - In order of salary greatest to smallest (Red = Hawks want to trade) (Blue means Hawks would prefer to keep) Green = no preference) All can be had but our preferences are listed.

Parsons contract

Turner contract

Parker

Len

Carter

Bembry

Jones

Graham

Fernando

Our first

Brooklyn first

OKC first

Future picks

Now the only thing with trade value for bringing in players are players. There are no dollar values on picks. So no matter what picks are involved on either side, dollar values will need to match if the Hawks take on more than $2+ million in salary.

Targets - 2 year contract players...not 4 year players

Space and defend C 

Space and defend PF

(both need to improve rebounding and at least 1 needs to be a space eater)

defensive wing mentor for the rooks who knows how to defend the pick n roll and who understands motion on offense

They are trying to flip our (assets) into 3 players and trying to use the 2 big salaries to get 2 of those and use the extra salaries to get the 3rd.  

Teams like Philly, LA, etc (contenders) have no interest in the salaries or picks but would have interest in Len, Carter, Jones, Bembry at the right price.

Teams like OKC want a salary dump while remaining competitive (salary reloads and a player (Len/Parker, etc))

Teams like Chicago (late stage rebuilders) would be interested in Bembry, Fernando, Len types and picks if available.

Teams like Charlotte want a salary dump and picks.

Teams like NY want players under 25 + salary dump+ top 10 picks.

It is a complicated mess, the Hawks are at the center and holding all the cards. The Parsons car accident, Parker injury mucked things up and put us in a less advantageous position and teams know it.

I heard Hawks were very high on Fernando and weren't parting unless it's super lopsided.  Is that not the case?

2 weeks before the deadline. What are we gonna do Supes? A couple of good moves, and we can compete the rest of the way..I want something to look forward to(besides the draft) going into the offseason. lol