• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

hace 2 horas, AHF dijo:

Noel isn't as good as Adams this season by a number of metrics such as WAR and RAPTOR.  I do like Noel but think the weight is a big issue for him in handling big bodies.  Thus, I like him a lot in the role he is playing for OKC where they simply don't match him up against big bodies.  It puts him in a position to succeed and it inflates his per minutes numbers well above where they would be if he was a team's leading center, IMO.  I'd hate to have to pick between Collins and Noel to match up against someone with a lot of weight / strength in that situation.

By those same metrics (WAR/RAPTOR), Adams is also better than Drummond this season.  The big thing I disagree with you on with Drummond is that he can be had for the "same price."

Drummond will end up with a much longer contract.  If he gets what he wants, it will be something more akin to a $120M+ at 4 years or $150M over 5 years.  If he gets something closer to his actual value, he will still likely get $100M+.  Adams is on the hook for a single season after this one.  That is a big deal, IMO.

All of these guys are upgrades on our current situation, however, so I won't be crying if we got Noel or Ibaka, etc. 

VORP, BPM, WS are better for Noel and I think he played well yesterday against Vucevic, he played well and OKC won without Adams

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

On the "please share" request. My house got caught up in the Paulding tornado 2 Saturdays ago. Picked up my shed and tossed it at my son's car. Been dealing with both a house claim and an auto claim while dealing with real life, more certification requirements and a merger.

So yah...you get what you get.

Damn bro 😞

• Sad 5

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I dont care for Noel. He hasnt done much in the league imo

He has put up roughly 13.5 points, 10 rebounds, 2.2 steals and 2.2 blocks per 36 for his career and 3 of the last 4 seasons have been very productive both in absolute terms (i.e., total win shares, etc.) and on a per minute basis.  He is also a year older than Goodwin so still developing.  I think he would be a nice addition.   I'm just skeptical that he won't have repeated mismatches based on his strength similar to Horford (similar in terms of the % of mismatches, not in their overall games).  He is a pretty mobile and athletic big with some defensive chops.  That isn't a bad thing at all.  

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, AHF said:

He has put up roughly 13.5 points, 10 rebounds, 2.2 steals and 2.2 blocks per 36 for his career and 3 of the last 4 seasons have been very productive both in absolute terms (i.e., total win shares, etc.) and on a per minute basis.  He is also a year older than Goodwin so still developing.  I think he would be a nice addition.   I'm just skeptical that he won't have repeated mismatches based on his strength similar to Horford (similar in terms of the % of mismatches, not in their overall games).  He is a pretty mobile and athletic big with some defensive chops.  That isn't a bad thing at all.  

Yea his per 36 may look.ok but there is a reason he dont play more.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is why I think he is a nice role player piece in your frontcourt.  Not someone to pay $20M and be your only real option as a center.  But we can get a real starting center and then pay him a reasonable salary to come off the bench and be a plus piece in that kind of role.   He and Len play almost the exact same amount per game (Noel 18.8 mpg; Len 18.7 mpg).  They are good supporting pieces but not guys I'd want as my starting C.

And between the two of them I'll take Noel.

• Like 3

• Moderators
21 hours ago, thecampster said:

On the "please share" request. My house got caught up in the Paulding tornado 2 Saturdays ago. Picked up my shed and tossed it at my son's car. Been dealing with both a house claim and an auto claim while dealing with real life, more certification requirements and a merger.

So yah...you get what you get.

Damn.  I missed this yesterday.  I'm glad everyone is ok (hoping they are).  Hopefully the insurance treats you right.  Good luck with everything.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, AHF said:

That is why I think he is a nice role player piece in your frontcourt.  Not someone to pay $20M and be your only real option as a center.  But we can get a real starting center and then pay him a reasonable salary to come off the bench and be a plus piece in that kind of role.   He and Len play almost the exact same amount per game (Noel 18.8 mpg; Len 18.7 mpg).  They are good supporting pieces but not guys I'd want as my starting C.

I agree on the role player part.  I thought you were talking full time starter.  

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Damn.  I missed this yesterday.  I'm glad everyone is ok (hoping they are).  Hopefully the insurance treats you right.  Good luck with everything.

American Family Insurance and they have been spot on. No complaints. Proving I'm not the smartest person in the room, I opened the back door mid storm to take a look. When I saw rain coming in from multiple directions and heard the sound, I knew what it was. We're fine. Missing a ton of shingles. But it picked up my tool shed and dropped it right on the son's windshield and hit every side of the car. $7,000 damage.

• Sad 4