• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Plainview1981 said:

I would figure that part of the reason for getting Adams would be to help Bruno’s development. It doesn’t make sense to trade Bruno.

Or he could help develop Wiseman or Okungwu...

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Keep developing Bruno since he has barely scratched the surface but has shown some physical play which we lack. Take one of the other routes to acquire Adams. He would definitely help bring Bruno along. 

Don't worry.  He'll develop under some other coach and Hawks fans will still be searching for their "center".

I still don't see OKC blowing that team up this season, while they are in the playoff hunt.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Don't worry.  He'll develop under some other coach and Hawks fans will still be searching for their "center".

I still don't see OKC blowing that team up this season, while they are in the playoff hunt.

Unless they think they dont need Adams to win games...

• Premium Member

I agree with the sentiment of not taking Gallo (who most likely will not re-sign) and giving up BKN 1st (I like his play bur he can't stay healthy).

Keep it simple - Parsons + OKC 1st for Adams.

Question - can we re-route Gallo?  But if OKC is having difficulty getting a 1st for him now, not sure we will either. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree with the sentiment of not taking Gallo (who most likely will not re-sign) and giving up BKN 1st (I like his play bur he can't stay healthy).

Keep it simple - Parsons + OKC 1st for Adams.

Question - can we re-route Gallo?  But if OKC is having difficulty getting a 1st for him now, not sure we will either. 

Perchance or perhaps (perchaps?) we can net a useful player or a 2nd via rerouting Galleria?

(No, I was not auto corrected.  That's just what I call him.)

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Perchance or perhaps (perchaps?) we can net a useful player or a 2nd via rerouting Galleria?

(No, I was not auto corrected.  That's just what I call him.)

Which teams are interested in Gallo? Saw Sixers and Mavs - they aren't offering the 1st that OKC wants - what's appealing from either team to make us give up the BKN pick?

Why is the BKN pick so valuable?  If it and Parsons can get the Hawks a starting center, what else could the Hawks draft that would be much better?  Hawks have these expiring contracts.  What good are they at the season's end?  Yep.  I know.  $$$ payroll relief.  What else?  When is the best time to sell?  When the crop is ripe!  

:sun:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Why is the BKN pick so valuable?  If it and Parsons can get the Hawks a starting center, what else could the Hawks draft that would be much better?  Hawks have these expiring contracts.  What good are they at the season's end?  Yep.  I know.  $$$ payroll relief.  What else?  When is the best time to sell?  When the crop is ripe!  

:sun:

Guessing our hope is they take their own pick back since it is down the road a bit.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

The issue is simple for me, OKC pick and Parsons can get you a starting center on Adams on a bad contract for a year and a half. Get it done.

we don’t need Gallo for half a season that is already lost, a first is better value.

OKC wants to move Gallo first and foremost imo.  

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

Throwing Bruno into a deal to get Moose would rank among the dumbest deals we’ve ever made.  We saw Moose at his peak but he has fallen off since he was playing under Bud and is entirely disposable.  He would be a bit of filler we might prefer over other filler but not a reason to deal anything of value.

I'd welcome Adams on this team but I fail to see the logic in trading away Bruno. He's clearly the C of the future. He just isn't ready right now to get starter minutes. If you are trading away Bruno, it had better be a part of a larger deal for an established, YOUNG veteran C that can be the player for the future run. Adams - while a nice piece short-term - may or may not be a long term answer. I'm not trading Bruno away for a "might be" longterm answer. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I'd welcome Adams on this team but I fail to see the logic in trading away Bruno. He's clearly the C of the future. He just isn't ready right now to get starter minutes. If you are trading away Bruno, it had better be a part of a larger deal for an established, YOUNG veteran C that can be the player for the future run. Adams - while a nice piece short-term - may or may not be a long term answer. I'm not trading Bruno away for a "might be" longterm answer. 

No doubt.  Bruno is actually showing signs that he could be a very effective center in this league.  

• Like 3