• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is what I was looking at.  You do Parsons, OKC 1st.  You do not add Bruno / Moose to the deal.  Nooooooo!

I've got to think that's as far as we go for Adams.  I'm cooling on the whole idea anyway.   

What's the motivation for OKC anyway.  They seem to be as good as anyone other than the LAs.  Is their payroll that terrible?  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I find it interesting we are looking for a starting center and yall are determining what we are gonna give in return?   

Adams would fit in well with this team.  Good player and a veteran presence.  The veteran presence we have on this team aside from Teague is not good.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I find it interesting we are looking for a starting center and yall are determining what we are gonna give in return?   

Adams would fit in well with this team.  Good player and a veteran presence.  The veteran presence we have on this team aside from Teague is not good.  

Watching Adams now and Noel is outplaying  him tbh. ADams was basically invisible in the 1st half..Of course he doesnt have Trae Young feeding him the rock though. lol

Edited by terrell

DRummond was getting worked by Tristan Thompson earlier too..THat game was a blowout though. THat dude plays like he couldnt care less to me..Idk.

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Why isn't Thompson getting traded again?  

He is one of the many pieces they are willing to move. He is also a UFA next season, so for a contender, a first might work. But for a rebuilding team like ours, 1st round picks are valuable.

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

You are all acting like Noel is so much younger ... he is only a year younger then Adams yet Adams has much more of a vet locker room presence.  Adams is 26 and fits the timeline of our other young players.  Also, the toughness is another thing (badly needed) that he will bring to our team.

I think Adams would fit in nicely and could be the starter for the next several years. A lineup of Adams, Collins, Reddish, Heurter, Trae would be a nice balance of offense/defense. 

• Like 2

I’m not going to lie...I thought noel would be perfect just based on his ability to move laterally on defense as a center and defend in space but he still comes with too many flaws that he can’t make up for! and that’s fine but he would likely command too much money for his services and he may not be worth it if we have a guy who may be able to do what he does in a few years (more on that later)

Not saying we shouldn’t go after him once he’s available but he definitely still has a physical presence issue  and he’s not gifted offensively whatsoever! So I’d be careful on not giving him too much per year! Rebound wise I don’t think he would do bad but I also don’t think he would be anywhere near better than Adams at rebounding.

Speaking of Adams...he may not be as quick as noel but he is better offensively then him, rebounds better, and is much much much more stronger and I just believe he’d have a lot more impact than noel.

WHAT I HOPE THE HAWKS DO AT CENTER

I’m thinking Schlenk should go about this center position issue in a different way....like addressing it by committee instead of hoping we get one player to fix it all cause that guy just isn’t out there or isn’t available! That doesn’t mean don’t go use our cap to get a player who may command 20mil or so per .....But in order to fully compete OUR HAWKS TEAM will need a good center rotation that will give us something different when we need it!
And perhaps Schlenk is already thinking this since what I’m thinking or saying is basically what the warriors did by center rotation during the championship years.

BY COMMITTEE OF THE CENTER POSITION THIS IS WHAT PUR OPTIONS SHOULD BE TO ME....WE NEED A ROTATION OF....

-A physical big body presence who can set good screens for his teammates, play the right way, rebound well, and be able to showcase his power presence around the goal both offensively and defensively = that guy sounds like Adams whom we are after (some may say hey Len can do that!...maybe! but Len just doesn’t make his opponents feel his large body presence enough for me the way I know Adams will)

-Next A good shooting and spacing somewhat all around big man . This center will likely not be typical size but that’s ok if we can get our Adams Like center to be the big body presence ...but this center will need to Be a capable good shooter, set good screens, rebound well, show some ability to defend around the perimeter and in space while also giving  good effort around the rim = that guy we already have in John Collins (Collins will likely have to keep playing center in spot minutes and when we run small ball)

-Next A ALL in defensive focused big man who may not be all that great offensively at least at the moment  that has good center size for both small and large lineups but ultimately he can move and play in space defensively at a slightly above high rate = that guy may be Bruno (NOT RIGHT NOW)...but perhaps this is why Supes said the hawks hold him as a special player. Bruno is already showing good signs this month that he is capable of being a good new age all around defensive center being able to play in space and around the goal but he still need to develop of course however I think this is why Schlenk thinks he’s special cause he can be apart of this important center rotation we need. Get Adams here and maybe he will develop faster! Who knows!

-last we need a very good 3pt shooting typical size center in height . This player likely won’t be any good defensively or on the boards whatsoever but he will have major impact on spacing the floor better than the other centers while also being a highly efficient knockout shooter  = we don’t have this player at all right now but I’m  thinking of an Illayasova / moose type guy right here.

......there you go! that gives this team OPTIONS at center that can help in whatever situation the team faces. A few guys like Bruno will have to continue to develop to live up to his piece but overall  If Schlenk can swing something like this to be our center rotation (which I believe is extremely important! Can’t stress it enough) ...it will be up to LP to make the right decision on which center need to be playing based on the situation at hand! So all of these centers also need to be level headed and know when and when it’s not their time!

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

You are all acting like Noel is so much younger ... he is only a year younger then Adams yet Adams has much more of a vet locker room presence.  Adams is 26 and fits the timeline of our other young players.  Also, the toughness is another thing (badly needed) that he will bring to our team.

I was just commenting on the game. lol. 

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JTB said:

I’m not going to lie...I thought noel would be perfect just based on his ability to move laterally on defense as a center and defend in space but he still comes with too many flaws that he can’t make up for! and that’s fine but he would likely command too much money for his services and he may not be worth it if we have a guy who may be able to do what he does in a few years (more on that later)

Not saying we shouldn’t go after him once he’s available but he definitely still has a physical presence issue  and he’s not gifted offensively whatsoever! So I’d be careful on not giving him too much per year! Rebound wise I don’t think he would do bad but I also don’t think he would be anywhere near better than Adams at rebounding.

Speaking of Adams...he may not be as quick as noel but he is better offensively then him, rebounds better, and is much much much more stronger and I just believe he’d have a lot more impact than noel.

I’m thinking Schlenk should go about this center position issue in a different way....like addressing it by committee instead of hoping we get one player to fix it all cause that guy just isn’t out there or isn’t available! That doesn’t mean don’t go use our cap to get a player who may command 20mil or so per .....But in order to fully compete OUR HAWKS TEAM will need a good center rotation that will give us something different when we need it!
And perhaps Schlenk is already thinking this since what I’m thinking or saying is basically what the warriors did by center rotation during the championship years.

BY COMMITTEE OF THE CENTER POSITION THIS IS WHAT PUR OPTIONS SHOULD BE TO ME....WE NEED A ROTATION OF....

-A physical big body presence who can set good screens for his teammates, play the right way, rebound well, and be able to showcase his power presence around the goal both offensively and defensively = that guy sounds like Adams whom we are after (some may say hey Len can do that!...maybe! but Len just doesn’t make his opponents feel his large body presence enough for me the way I know Adams will)

-Next A good shooting and spacing somewhat all around big man . This center will likely not be typical size but that’s ok if we can get our Adams Like center to be the big body presence ...but this center will need to Be a capable good shooter, set good screens, rebound well, show some ability to defend around the perimeter and in space while also giving  good effort around the rim = that guy we already have in John Collins (Collins will likely have to keep playing center in spot minutes and when we run small ball)

-Next A ALL in defensive focused big man who may not be all that great offensively at least at the moment  that has good center size for both small and large lineups but ultimately he can move and play in space defensively at a slightly above high rate = that guy may be Bruno (NOT RIGHT NOW)...but perhaps this is why Supes said the hawks hold him as a special player. Bruno is already showing good signs this month that he is capable of being a good new age all around defensive center being able to play in space and around the goal but he still need to develop of course however I think this is why Schlenk thinks he’s special cause he can be apart of this important center rotation we need. Get Adams here and maybe he will develop faster! Who knows!

-last we need a very good 3pt shooting typical size center in height . This player likely won’t be any good defensively or on the boards whatsoever but he will have major impact on spacing the floor better than the other centers while also being a highly efficient knockout shooter  = we don’t have this player at all right now but I’m  thinking of an Illayasova / moose type guy right here.

......there you go! that gives this team OPTIONS at center that can help in whatever situation the team faces. A few guys like Bruno will have to continue to develop to live up to his piece but overall  If Schlenk can swing something like this to be our center rotation (which I believe is extremely important! Can’t stress it enough) ...it will be up to LP to make the right decision on which center need to be playing based on the situation at hand! So all of these centers also need to be level headed and know when and when it’s not their time!

I disagree with this.  We need a center that plays every game, physical, and can rebound.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JTB said:

I only want one thing in a Center - A Real Starting Center. No more center by committee stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1