• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, enrique said:

Love, love, love the RAPTOR graph comparing them. What leaps out to me is that we really don’t have any positive defensive players outside of Cam and ?

crazy to see it laid out that way. 
Thanks! 

So just to further identify the Hawks:

Cam is the positive defender with the biggest negative offensive number (top left in green)

JC is the other positive defender but he's also negative offensively (slight net positive). He's the top green dot that is right on the line.

Huerter and Hunter are the two negative negative green dots with Huerter having the higher offensive rating and Hunter the higher defensive

Trae is obviously the only CLEARLY net positive player. He's ELITE offensively (as in top 4 in the NBA) by this metric but is really bad defensively. 

Finally, not shown on the chart because he hasn't played enough minutes, Bruno is a positive defender but negative offensive player and is also net negative.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Yeah....I've been a big time defender and believer in TS, but he really screwed up with this roster construction. It makes me mad every time I watch a game. He REALLY overvalued Len and Jones, imo, while also undervaluing Dedmon.   

Don't even glance at Jones' advanced metrics...your head will spin, nausea ensue...dangerous!

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Bembry is a plus defender but the chart shows JC as I used 560 minutes as the cutoff and JC has played 665 minutes so far. 

There aren't 12 hawks on the team with 560 minutes though. Only 10 players have played >560 mins. 🤔 Are you sure you didn't use 520 mins? because that would give us 12 Hawks which coincides with the points on your graph.

The list of the 12 hawks with >520 mins would be

Trae, Hunter, Reddish, Cam, Heurter, Bembry, Parker, Len, Jones, JC, VC, Bruno, and Crabbe. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

4 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

There aren't 12 hawks on the team with 560 minutes though. Only 10 players have played >560 mins. 🤔 Are you sure you didn't use 520 mins? because that would give us 12 Hawks which coincides with the points on your graph.

The list of the 12 hawks with >520 mins would be

Trae, Hunter, Reddish, Cam, Heurter, Bembry, Parker, Len, Jones, JC, VC, Bruno, and Crabbe. 

Nope. 560 min used. Did not include Crabbe or Bruno but did include Teague and Graham as both are currently on team and meet minute criteria for season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Since we're looking at charts and graphs 😳

Look at the size of the Hawks logo!

I honestly don't understand why there is a diagonal line on these.  i guess i could figure it out but i'm lazy.  If the line divides good vs bad then what the heck are the actual x,y axis' for?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I honestly don't understand why there is a diagonal line on these.  i guess i could figure it out but i'm lazy.  If the line divides good vs bad then what the heck are the actual x,y axis' for?

The diagonal line should provide a rough indication of the net effect of combining Good Offense and Bad Defense (Bottom Right) or Good Defense and Bad Offense  (Top Left). So on the chart, Philly has such a good defense that - even though their offense is considered a negative - the defensive efficiency outweighs the offensive shortcomings and the overall net effect is positive (above the diagonal line). By contrast, the Nets are also Good Defense and Bad Offense but their Bad Offense outweighs the Good Defense and they have a net negative as a team (below the line). 

You can do the same analysis for the Mavs (excellent offense and bad defense but net positive overall) vs the Wiz (good offense but terrible defense and overall net negative) as the Mavs are above the diagonal but the Wiz are below. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, bird_dirt said:

I just wanna reply on here cause this thread was going cold, and I don't want to scroll so far down looking for it this weekend. 

Gotta keep it going to see if Supes gets vindicated or vilified. The day of reconning less than a week now.

I'm sure HS will figure a way to vilify no matter what happens.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I just wanna reply on here cause this thread was going cold, and I don't want to scroll so far down looking for it this weekend. 

Gotta keep it going to see if Supes gets vindicated or vilified. The day of reconning less than a week now.

Why villify him though....he's kind enough to share his information about what the Hawks would like to/attempting to do...doesn't mean they will be successful.

It takes a lot to make these trade work.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why villify him though....he's kind enough to share his information about what the Hawks would like to/attempting to do...doesn't mean they will be successful.

It takes a lot to make these trade work.

I wasn't saying he SHOULD be vilified. I'm just saying...

This is Hawksquawk.

This ain't your first rodeo round here, JBH. 😂

• Haha 3