• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Call him back. We need it now.

I am, they want to whatapps with my son who is mashing keys while type making this reply extremely hard. 

Last post includes the major updates. 🙂 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Admin

Great update ... the JC for JJJ is interesting... I would love his D here and if we also get a center that rebounds it will offset the loss of Collins.  JJJ, Cam, Hunter and a center (Adams/Cappela) suddenly brings a lot of defense ... the biggest thing we are missing 

• Like 3

I really like JJJ but only if we can pair with Collins. Same with Myles. But I get that it wouldn't make sense for either Indy or Memphis to trade those guys without getting someone like JC back. I'd rather trade our first this year, honestly. 

@NBASupes would that be an option? It sounds like hawks may be more willing to move Collins than our 1st rounder? If so, why? 

• Like 1

Just now, capstone21 said:

Great update ... the JC for JJJ is interesting... I would love his D here and if we also get a center that rebounds it will offset the loss of Collins.  JJJ, Cam, Hunter and a center (Adams/Cappela) suddenly brings a lot of defense ... the biggest thing we are missing 

It was widely reported Schlenk loved JJJ before the draft. But we would lose a lot of rebounding and activity around the basket with that trade. They already have a John Collins- lite in Brandon Clarke. I don't see this happening.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I really like JJJ but only if we can pair with Collins. Same with Myles. But I get that it wouldn't make sense for either Indy or Memphis to trade those guys without getting someone like JC back. I'd rather trade our first this year, honestly. 

@NBASupes would that be an option? It sounds like hawks may be more willing to move Collins than our 1st rounder? If so, why? 

To get JJJ, they need to move more than Collins. They would also need to include a 1st. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

don't be shocked we sign Harrell

I said this a long time ago this ain’t new. Damn Supes you play with no rules.

You basically tryin to make it out like no matter what transactions we make that you called it. 🤦‍♀️ 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. That doesn't mean there isn't interest from both ends. I don't see anything happening with JC honestly but you know, these types of things go from 50% to 100% extremely quick but just as quick go from 50% to 0%. 

It seems like the plan is to bring in a PF or C in FA regardless of what they trade for. Even with Adams, don't be shocked we sign Harrell and resign Collins. We have the money and beyond that, Atlanta wants impact players. 

I would be over the moon to start next season with a big rotation of Adams and JC starting with Bruno and Harrell coming off the bench. 

Harrell is a big piece, would almost make me ok with getting Drummond at his price...............maybe................35% likely

16 minutes ago, DS5 said:

I don't like it. 

I don't either. JC is better but Atlanta really likes JJJ for their idea of a future 5 and Atlanta will open to upgrading PF/C depth this offseason with Harrell who many around the league think is heading to Atlanta. Most felt it was for the same role as LAC but Atlanta is willing to pay him nearly triple the salary which no one else is close on. 

My guess is: 

Trae

Kev/Cam

Hunter

Harrell

JJJ

Is the future plan for the Hawks. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I said this a long time ago this ain’t new. Damn Supes you play with no rules.

You basically tryin to make it out like no matter what transactions we make that you called it. 🤦‍♀️ 

You can't keep saying you said this first when I just get info from my sources. You might have said these things but I am specifically posting based on what's being said around the NBA behind the scenes. 

I am not a news breaker dude or a I am first type. I just rely information unless it's my own opinion. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I would be over the moon to start next season with a big rotation of Adams and JC starting with Bruno and Harrell coming off the bench. 

Harrell is a big piece, would almost make me ok with getting Drummond at his price...............maybe................35% likely

Harrell already fits off the bench extremely well in his current role. My personal belief is his best role is off the bench in his current role but if you place him next to someone like JJJ, I can see how it can work for both parties if the PG is Trae Young as starters. 

At the end of the day, JJJ is versatile enough on defense to cover for Harrell's positional deficiencies while Harrell is a tremendous rebounder and PnR option to cover for JJJ's Sam Perkins-esque game. Overall, I am not a big fan of JJJ but I do see that he's the perfect fit next to Trae Young and makes it possible to play a flawed defender next to him because his strengths on that end. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You can't keep saying you said this first when I just get info from my sources. You might have said these things but I am specifically posting based on what's being said around the NBA behind the scenes. 

Ya I can when I’m your source. Basically you go back and piece things Woj and others have said and pawn ♟ it off as your own source. 

How many times has it been documented that you were right with your sources in the past. I’ve been here for like 10 years and 8 years before that under a different name and you’ve been right like twice out of a thousand times.

• Haha 3

Hmm.  I’d be very interested in pairing up JJJ and Myles Turner down low.  Do Collins plus Brooklyn first for JJJ, and then flip our own first round pick for Turner.  You drastically improve your interior defense and add floor spacers to put around Trae.  Plus, this team doesn’t need to add anymore rookies.  

• Like 2