• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I can when I’m your source. Basically you go back and piece things Woj and others have said and pawn ♟ it off as your own source. 

How many times has it been documented that you were right with your sources in the past. I’ve been here for like 10 years and 8 years before that under a different name and you’ve been right like twice out of a thousand times.

Squdamus 

22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Hmm.  I’d be very interested in pairing up JJJ and Myles Turner down low.  Do Collins plus Brooklyn first for JJJ, and then flip our own first round pick for Turner.  You drastically improve your interior defense and add floor spacers to put around Trae.  Plus, this team doesn’t need to add anymore rookies.  

I like Turner but he is not worth our 1st round pick. I think that would bite us in the ass for the long run. Sabonis on the other hand, I would have to think long and hard on; and would probably pull the trigger.

• Like 2

I’m sorry but I don’t like JJJ for Collins and I will admit JJJ is a two way guy and better 3pt shooter but Collins is a way better screen setter and rolling guy to the basket as well as just having that ability to get himself open looks. In a way I think Collins is a better offensive player though he’s not a better 3pt shooter then JJJ

I don’t know man I see why Schlenk is interested in this one ...that one is kinda scary simply because it does make sense to trade Collins for JJJ (somewhat!) .... the grizzlies would do it to pair with morant obviously but they also have a decent center already valcuneas (I know I spelled his name wrong)

lots to think about on this one...it’s a great opportunity for Schlenk to get a center that really fits this modern era to the T! But then you’re back to looking for a good PF???? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Major Updates:

Marvin Williams

Hawks offered a protected future 2nd rounder for Marvin Williams for Evan Turner who will request a buyout and go to Portland from what he’s heard.

Hawks want another shooting 4. 90% chance of happening

giphy.gif

@Diesel

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Great update ... the JC for JJJ is interesting... I would love his D here and if we also get a center that rebounds it will offset the loss of Collins.  JJJ, Cam, Hunter and a center (Adams/Cappela) suddenly brings a lot of defense ... the biggest thing we are missing 

It is interesting one but it’s weird as hell before seeing if Collins can be better with an actual Center .

i mean the grizzlies don’t see JJJ as a PF so why would we bring him here to play the same position if we bring in Adams too?

i think JJJ is a center move...he’s not a PF like Collins that’s my issue with it. It’s creating a hole at PF instead of Center but taking care of the center position long term! It’s smart and confusing all at once . I can’t fully get behind it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Damn I just thought of this ....do the hawks think Hunter can play PF full time if they were to trade to get JJJ?

I think that is unlikely.  Long term, you are pairing JJJ up with another center.  The way Atlanta plays offense, JJJ’s game could really take off here.  

I mentioned pairing JJJ up with Turner earlier, but it would also work with Poeltl.  

23 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like Turner but he is not worth our 1st round pick. I think that would bite us in the ass for the long run. Sabonis on the other hand, I would have to think long and hard on; and would probably pull the trigger.

Chances are, the player Atlanta takes with this high pick isn’t going to be worth it either.  

im trading that pick for immediate help in a heartbeat.  

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't either. JC is better but Atlanta really likes JJJ for their idea of a future 5 and Atlanta will open to upgrading PF/C depth this offseason with Harrell who many around the league think is heading to Atlanta. Most felt it was for the same role as LAC but Atlanta is willing to pay him nearly triple the salary which no one else is close on. 

My guess is: 

Trae

Kev/Cam

Hunter

Harrell

JJJ

Is the future plan for the Hawks. 

Sounds good but I don’t like it I don’t know why! I think it may be the chemistry between Trae and Collins that we are risking in all of this.

i like Trez but I don’t know if I like him as a starter plus he can’t shoot. 

i know we shouldn’t worry too much about JC being traded as you’ve stated but when trades make sense on both ends I give them a high chance of happening just on my own opinion .... this one just makes too much sense for grizz and hawks. And only makes sense for the hawks being that it’s likely they feel the center they want is going to be harder to find than another  pf and most with a brain would probably agree with that .

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think that is unlikely.  Long term, you are pairing JJJ up with another center.  The way Atlanta plays offense, JJJ’s game could really take off here.  

I mentioned pairing JJJ up with Turner earlier, but it would also work with Poeltl.  

I don’t  see it that way JJJ is not a PF to me . I think if Atlanta is trying to make him a PF you’re better off keeping Collins but if Atlanta wants to get their center position locked up then yeah you trade for JJJ and don’t look back. He’s the type of center every team in this era wants (tall, long, defense, 3s)...if grizz are willing to take collins and a first for that you almost HAVE to do it .

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Major Updates:

Last one till the trade deadline: 

The deals that everyone wants to know about.

Hawks

Steven Adams

Steven Adams and Gallo to Atlanta for BRK 1st, Parsons, and Jones.

The Gallo part has seemed to cool off as has the BRK 1st part.

It seems to be OKC 1st and Adams for Parsons is the framework.

OKC would like Bruno in this deal. Atlanta seems lukewarm at best on this request.

This is will be a final day bonanza to me.  80-85% chance of happening.

Davis Bertrans

Dead. They want Brooklyn’s 1st for Bertrans. No Parker/two 2nds. I was told they were holding out for a 1st but not one this high. Derrick Rose isn’t the only one overpriced. 0% chance of happening

Marvin Williams

Hawks offered a protected future 2nd rounder for Marvin Williams for Evan Turner who will request a buyout and go to Portland from what he’s heard.

Hawks want another shooting 4. 90% chance of happening

Nic Batum

Hawks are willing to take a protected 1st for Nic Batum. Hornets decline and would be open to trading Batum and future 2nd rounders. All teams have reneged. 0% chance of happening

Jakob Poeltl

Hawks have been watching Poeltl and thinks he would fit what they want to do long term. They have offered OKC 1st for him. SA has not been interested and wants Brooklyn’s 1st. Atlanta has reneged. 0% chance of happening

Hassan Whiteside

Atlanta has been in talks with Portland about Whiteside. They are willing to trade a protected future 2nd for Whiteside and Parsons. Portland wants a quality 2nd which Atlanta doesn’t have. Right now, talks have stalled. Portland is in heavy talks with Cleveland for Kevin Love. The issue is the price. Portland is willing to offer two 2nd but no 1sts whatsoever. Cleveland been headstrong on getting a 1st back which won’t happen. I think this deal like Steven Adams will go down to the end. Portland like Atlanta isn’t budging but will CLE or OKC? 5% chance of happening

Reggie Bullock

Atlanta has reached out to NYK about a Trevon Graham and a future 2nd rounder for Reggie Bullock. Knicks have been lukewarm. There is a chance: 35% chance of happening

Jordan McRae

We have interest and have made an offer for McRae for a future 2nd rounder similar offer to Bullock. Wizards been more open than NYK but not greatly.  50% chance of happening

Thad Young

Hawks offered Evan Turner’s expiring for Thad Young. Bulls don’t want to trade Young for cap room at this time but there might be interest in the off-season for this type of trade. 25% chance of happening

DeWayne Dedmon

Hawks offered two future 2nds for Dedmon and were declined and SAC wanted to trade two 2nd for our Brooklyn 1st. Atlanta declined. 1% chance of happening

Andre Drummond

Failed to agree to a reasonable cost-controlled contract. DET still wants similar value even for a rental. LOL! 0% chance of happening

Nicola Vucevic

Hawks called about Vooch but it didn’t get far. Orlando wants to improve their squad, and they are building around Issac and Vooch. 0% chance of happening

Al Horford

There is still a four-team deal going on where Horford would be coming to Atlanta on the table, but he is hearing it’s further from happening close we get to the trade deadline. 35% chance of happening

Mo Bamba

Orlando wasn’t interested in moving Bamba for what we had available. They have interest but not in anything Atlanta was open to trading. 0% chance of happening

Clint Capela

Atlanta checked in and are open to moving the Brooklyn pick for Capela. Was told Atlanta had no interest as Houston wanted John Collins. A mistake that’s going on out there is Atlanta wants a center for Collins when they don’t. They want to pair Collins with a center. Now they also want a center they REALLY covet for him. That’s guys like JJJ, Ayton, or proven stars like Embiid or KAT.  Because you got some teams, i.e. Minny saying Collins is available for a center, they need to be honest about the center being KAT. 5% chance of happening

Trades for our players:

Alex Len Market

I was told his market has died. It wasn’t ever going to be worthwhile for Atlanta anyway. Memphis, Philly, and Orlando have interest but nothing major.

DeAndre Bembry Market

Dead as a main piece, has interest as a throw-in.

Kevin Huerter Market

He’s too expensive of those teams who asked.

Trae Young/De’Andre Hunter/Cam Reddish Market:

Not available

Damian Jones Market

Dead as a main piece, has interest as a throw-in.

Players with Trade Value:

Jabari Parker:

Utah Jazz have a lot of interest in Parker. Willing to trade two 2nds and Ed Davis for Parker.

Dallas had interest but Atlanta wanted GSW 2nd.

Kings have had interest in Parker, but it’s seemed to have dwindled in time. 

Parker has the highest chance of being moved of all players: 95% chance of happening

John Collins market value

John is a guy most teams called about and was quickly told NO, but some teams weren’t.

Of those teams:

Indiana – Atlanta has been trying to work out a deal for Myles Turner. Atlanta wants the centerpiece to be Brooklyn’s 1st and Bruno. They are really focused on placing Collins next to Turner. From what I was told, Indy was lukewarm to the idea but wanted John Collins to pair with Sabonis. I was told Atlanta been lukewarm to the idea. 20-25% chance of happening. They weren’t told no and both teams are optimistic that the other team will eventually see the light.

Memphis – Memphis contacted Atlanta about Collins. Obviously, Atlanta was interested as Jaren Jackson Jr. is still someone they highly covet even if Supes doesn’t. I was told that talks are ongoing and likely won’t conclude to the offseason. The fear in Memphis is that JJJ is more of a 4 and they want a real 4 who excel at the PnR with Morant. That said, JJJ has ample potential and it will cost a lot to move him from MEM. Likely our Brooklyn 1st and Collins. This one is ongoing. 50% chance of happening.

Minnesota – This one ended as soon as it begins. Atlanta was interested when they asked about Collins. Atlanta wanted KAT. Minny wanted to add John to KAT. Atlanta quickly became uninterested. 0% chance of happening.

Philadelphia – Philly has major interest in Collins. Atlanta has major interest in Embiid. This one has potential even if Philly wanted to see if Harris or Horford would interest Atlanta which it didn’t. 25% chance of happening.

Phoenix – PHX needs a 4 and has two quality centers. Atlanta really covets Ayton. So does PHX. This one ended as quickly as MIN. 0% chance of happening.

This is it for Collins. Don’t have too much expectations on this one. The highest is 50% and that one will likely not pick up till the draft.

Atlanta has been looking to add shooting off the bench, but the cost is very high across the league right now. It’s a seller market right now if the cost is reasonable.

Around the NBA:

Boston: They have been open to major moves that would make them better, but no such offer exists to them. Summer is what they are waiting for.

Brooklyn: Looking into the summer for making moves. Not interested in the current market prices.

Charlotte: They are open to taking assets for expiring’s.

Chicago: They are open to moves but they want a clear improvement move which currently isn’t available.

Cleveland: Open for business and is willing to take an asset for an expiring player of your choice. Issue is, no one wants to give them an asset for what they currently have on the market outside of Love who they want too much for. Clarkson already gone.

Detroit: A lot of teams hate this mfers. They want way too much for their players. Like I said, I do not believe they want to rebuild at all. They just want to retool. Get a young PG like Ball, Anthony, or Hayes and continue the process.

Indy: Looking for some minor gem moves but it’s not available during this period. Belief is Troy Daniels will be available from LA for trade and Indy is an interested team. Chances are, LA moves Daniels with another larger deal if they choose to.

Miami: Waiting for the summer when the trade market is better.

Bucks: Want one more rotation guy but the market is too expensive.

Knicks: Open for business but wants MAJOR assets in return. Teams are put off at this time.

Magic: They are in talks of a major four team deal where DeRozan could be going to Orlando. It seems far from happening at this point.

Philly: Been active trying to make moves but are having the same issue as many teams are where the market price is very high. I expect a move or two of higher quality than Dallas recent moves just since they have the 2nd round assets.

Toronto: Been looking into adding DeRozan back into the fray. They are looking for a reasonable price as they really want a shot a 2021 (Giannis). SA been lukewarm on the offers so far, but we will see. Toronto has a lot of player capital.

Washington: Bertrans is still available for a lottery level 1st which means he’s no longer available. McRae has suitors, including the Hawks. Washington reports are real, they have prioritize bringing him back and he has interest in returning.

Dallas: There is talk about Dallas for Iggy, but he been hearing it’s not a lock. He mentions that he heard Dallas is done with major moves. They do want a shot a minor move with Michael Kidd-Gilchrest.

Denver: They will try to hold on to their guys. They do not mind overpaying either.

GS: Nothing for now. They are interested in moving D’Lo and their pick for a star. The issue there having is the teams with D’Lo interest want to add him to their setup, not move him for that player. They will have options. Alec Burks is available for cheap.

Houston: The lack of assets is killing them. They are on the market for another cheap wing. 

LAL: Talks been dying down with them since Kobe’s death. Maybe we get more next week.

LAC: Wants Iggy for Harkless and two 2nd. No interest from MEM. They are looking at MKG from Charlotte right now for Harkless.

Memphis: There not looking to move up or down. They have interest in John Collins. JJJ has a lot of interest from the Hawks brass. I can’t imagine a trade being done right now but there is some doubt JJJ is the perfect fit for Morant and there is interest in getting another high end 1st rounder to build around Morant as Morant is the franchise.

Minny: They are shopping Covington, but his price is legit high but deserved unlike Rose. He’s likely not getting traded till the off-season. He mentioned that they want him to be the big piece with picks for D’Angelo Russell for GS.

NO: They will likely be active in the summer but for now, things have died with Zion back.

OKC: With Adams-ATL, Gallo market, and Moose being someone they would like a small asset for, it seems like OKC is a lock to make a major move. I was told Gallo is extremely likely(95%), that the rest is still up in the air. They would like to move Adams now as they know Atlanta has big plans and the interest in Adams is very limited when it comes to receiving value. Most teams want him for free but OKC does value Adams a lot. It will be interested to see how they move forward.

PHX could be open to trading Baynes if they can get a 1st. Crazy but they might just get it from LAC. Because teams want a quality center for a reasonable price with BR. Other than that, nothing for now.

Portland: Other than Whiteside/Love which was mentioned above… Nothing really.

SAC: SAC is looking at obvious improvement moves only right now. Those simply aren’t available currently.

SA: DeRozan is available if the price is right. Everyone is available, just not for a reasonable price. The price for DD is more reasonable than for any of their young players.

Utah: They are targeting Parker right now. They would like a cheap backup center who’s productive. The market just isn’t there at this moment. Texas Hold Em’ right now across the league.

Supes Take: From what I got; I expect Parker to be traded. I expect Atlanta to potentially add Marvin Williams and decision time for Steven Adams.

Deals that are extremely or highly likely:

Evan Turner and 2nd rounder for Marvin Williams

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=tckgzye

Jabari Parker for Ed Davis and two future 2nd rounders. Ed Davis will likely be flipped in another deal.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=s74hjzh

Parsons, OKC 1st for Steven Adams

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yyf4qnc8

Potential Deals: Not likely or unlikely

Jordan McRae

2nd rounder and Graham for McRae

John Collins for JJJ

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uc42gwe

The rest are unlikely.

Edit: 

Indiana – Atlanta has been trying to work out a deal for Myles Turner. Atlanta wants the centerpiece to be Brooklyn’s 1st and Bruno. They are really focused on placing Collins next to Turner. From what I was told, Indy was extremely high to the idea but wanted John Collins to pair with Sabonis. I was told Atlanta been lukewarm to the idea. 20-25% chance of happening. They weren’t told no and both teams are optimistic that the other team will eventually see the light.

This is why I wait a day before posting this. Typos are a b....

Also, lukewarm means tepid. Meaning some but not much interest. 

Also, Atlanta isn't trying to pair Turner with JJJ at least from anything I've heard. They see both of them as centers. For them, their idea of a center needs to be able to protect the rim, guard in space and have great length defensively. Offensively, it's all like Dedmon, they must be able to spread the court.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Everyone wants to win their trade. Not sure any major moves will happen.

Ding Ding Ding. This is why trades are so hard in 2020. A lot of teams want obvious wins. 

That's why JJJ for Collins/1st has more of a chance because Atlanta will lose that deal but in their minds, they got the player they coveted at the 5. 

Indy and Atlanta would be ideal if Indy was open to taking picks for Turner. In Indy's mind, it would be ideal if Atlanta was open to trading Collins. Both teams aren't happy with the results as both value something the other doesn't. 

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Edit: 

Indiana – Atlanta has been trying to work out a deal for Myles Turner. Atlanta wants the centerpiece to be Brooklyn’s 1st and Bruno. They are really focused on placing Collins next to Turner. From what I was told, Indy was extremely high to the idea but wanted John Collins to pair with Sabonis. I was told Atlanta been lukewarm to the idea. 20-25% chance of happening. They weren’t told no and both teams are optimistic that the other team will eventually see the light.

This is why I wait a day before posting this. Typos are a b....

Also, lukewarm means tepid. Meaning some but not much interest. 

Also, Atlanta isn't trying to pair Turner with JJJ at least from anything I've heard. They see both of them as centers. For them, their idea of a center needs to be able to protect the rim, guard in space and have great length defensively. Offensively, it's all like Dedmon, they must be able to spread the court.

Makes sense to me . I don’t see neither of those guys as modern day PFs either not that they can’t play the 4 but yeah they’re 5s.

the only question I have moving forward (and not asking you this supes in specific) but how badly do the hawks want the type of center they want ???.....do they value locking down the Modern day  center that’s rare ( “protect the rim, guard in space and have great length defensively“ ) over keeping JC???

I’m beginning to think that there may be discussions on what type of big man is more valuable and harder to get moving! And that’s no disrespect to Collins it’s just the way the league is now. I’m very confident in saying I KNOW Schlenk would rather have Turner or JJJ type of center over Adams and Drummond type . But that guy is rare to get and sometimes during rebuilds this is where you have to make an extremely tough decision that may get backlash from fans and media in the beginning.

JJJ or Turner may only be better than Collins at defense but who’s more rare to get on your team? I think that’s the mindset.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Makes sense to me . I don’t see neither of those guys as modern day PFs either not that they can’t play the 4 but yeah they’re 5s.

the only question I have moving forward (and not asking you this supes in specific) but how badly do the hawks want the type of center they want ???.....do they value locking down the Modern day  center that’s rare ( “protect the rim, guard in space and have great length defensively“ ) over keeping JC???

I’m beginning to think that there may be discussions on what type of big man is more valuable and harder to get moving! And that’s no disrespect to Collins it’s just the way the league is now. I’m very confident in saying I KNOW Schlenk would rather have Turner or JJJ type of center over Adams and Drummond type . But that guy is rare to get and sometimes during rebuilds this is where you have to make an extremely tough decision that may get backlash from fans and media in the beginning.

JJJ or Turner may only be better than Collins at defense but who’s more rare to get on your team? I think that’s the mindset.

I don't think they want Turner that bad or Collins for Turner would have happened awhile ago. 

I know they want JJJ. He's a perfect offensive fit. Turner really isn't. He doesn't shoot as well as Collins while Collins is a much better scorer. 

JJJ isn't the scorer Collins is but he's a superior shooter and defender. That appeals to Atlanta. 

It seems like Atlanta values Turner A LOT but with Collins while Atlanta values JJJ enough to trade Collins. 

Everything is about creating the perfect fit around Trae. Trae's defense really forces Atlanta's hand. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3