Ask Supes

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

No ma’am ! Not at that salary! ...I think you need a snickers you’re not yourself.

Yeah you’re right setting screens is a severely overlooked skillset in big men! I learned that the hard way when we got Howard . He could have been great but he’s not committed to screens when he’s the biggest name on the team! Furthermore as far JJJ goes in comparison with Collins....JJJ isn’t touching Collins on screen setting ability along with the smarts of rolling to the basket or spacing the floor. JJJ actually runs off screens a lot more often than Collins and Collins seems to be the actual screen setter more often than JJJ does.....anyways the full picture need to be taken  into consideration by Schlenk if he’s going to attempt this trade.

oh and by the way I love bud he’s always been a top 5 coach in my opinion but he didn’t develop Lopez 3pt shot. Lopez started shooting 3s good his last season as a net then while he was a laker. Love Bud but he’s not responsible for whom they refer to as Splash Mountain now.

Brook’s game very clearly took off when he landed with Bud.  There may have been flashes before, but his game took off with Bud.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Speaking of screen setting . Collins is no doubt a better screen setter than JJJ but JJJ has the better defense no question however say we add another very good screen setter to Collins who can play defense and rebound 🤔....that guy is Adams 

Adams can’t space the floor but he’s as good at setting and committing to screens as Collins is while also bringing the size, defense interior, and rebounds. I think great screen setting ability from two bigs to free up Trae and the other wings shouldn’t be taken lightly with the way we play offense . That’s a big deal to consider...it’s worth seeing what Collins looks like with a good starting center before placing him on trade block. 

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Brook’s game very clearly took off when he landed with Bud.  There may have been flashes before, but his game took off with Bud.  

Sure but he had already proven he could hit the 3 ball is my point in years prior. Brook is playing with Giannis and getting more clean open looks...ok that could have happened with lebron as well if he went back to LA

• Like 2

19 hours ago, GameTime said:

Wow Schlenk is going all out for JJJ. How aggressive are the talks?

AS much as I like Collins, This trade is growing on me.   I might do Collins and Brooklyn 1st for JJJ. Dude has a TON of upside. And he's younger than Trae...Sign Harrell in the offseason. And we're set at Center. Its easier to find a PF than a center that fits our offense.  WE could sign Jerami Grant as a stop gap..And draft Okungwu..

Edited by terrell

5 minutes ago, High5 said:

Y’all are going back and forth on the Collins/JJJ thing, but I still have no reason to believe Memphis is interested. They’re on cloud nine with what they have brewing over there.

They are but moreso for Morant just like us for Trae Young. They are in love with Dillon Brooks like we are with Kev. They got a squad over there in Memphis. 

1 hour ago, terrell said:

AS much as I like Collins, This trade is growing on me.   I might do Collins and Brooklyn 1st for JJJ. Dude has a TON of upside. And he's younger than Trae...Sign Harrell in the offseason. And we're set at Center. Its easier to find a PF than a center that fits our offense.  WE could sign Jerami Grant as a stop gap..And draft Okungwu..

While I respect your opinion----you are wrong on so many levels. JJJ/Harrell currently produces 11 rebs a game total. Harrell is going to want 20 million a season. Jerami Grant gives us nothing and you want to get even younger with Okungwu. 

hace 5 minutos, Wurider05 dijo:

While I respect your opinion----you are wrong on so many levels. JJJ/Harrell currently produces 11 rebs a game total. Harrell is going to want 20 million a season. Jerami Grant gives us nothing and you want to get even younger with Okungwu. 

I think that if we get JJJ for Collins we should go after guys like Ibaka, Noel and Wood that are legit rebounders. With Noel JJJ can play the 4 or they can switch, that would be an awesome defensive tandem, with Ibaka he can play Center, I am not sold on Harrell at all, he lacks size, defense and rebounding, something Ibaka and Wood have. 

I got a little more smoke to the fire

I got three potential deals that aren't likely but are in talks, one involving the Hawks. 

1. Kyle Kuzma talks are heating up. Dallas being the latest to be interested. Talks of Kuz for Brunson/GS 2nd has been in talks. Likelyihood is slim as LAL wants an obvious win and wing for Kuzma but talks are heating up. I am starting to think, he might be traded now. I wasn't before. 

2. NYK are starting to seriously listen to calls on Marcus Morris and they will receive a 1st for him. I don't know the likelihood of moving him but from what I am hearing, LAC want him bad and are willing to part with a 1st rounder. There is talk they would keep him for a long term over Harrell as well due to salary but need him due to their salary cap issues. NYK been on some want to keep him ish but are starting to look into adding more assets. 

3. Atlanta has inquired about Kevin Love and might be open to moving OKC 1st for him is what he heard. This just adds fuel to the fire that Atlanta on the Collins rumor to me. No offer has been made and K. Love wants to play on a winning team but this just adds more fuel. My guess is if Adams trade falls off, these Plan C and D options could come into play. This could be a major coup for Cleveland who's been getting request for them to trade a 1st or several 2nds along with Love. POR has had serious interest in Love but aren't open to trading any value for him. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

hace 14 minutos, gurpilo dijo:

I think that if we get JJJ for Collins we should go after guys like Ibaka, Noel and Wood that are legit rebounders. With Noel JJJ can play the 4 or they can switch, that would be an awesome defensive tandem, with Ibaka he can play Center, I am not sold on Harrell at all, he lacks size, defense and rebounding, something Ibaka and Wood have. 

Also looking at the draft, even adding JJJ I think we should add a big if Wiseman and Edwards are gone. Okongwu intrigues me a lot, a young Adebayo, Carney Jr and Stewart could also be fantastic additions. Defense and rebounding available at our pick and BKN picks, we need big projects.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got a little more smoke to the fire

3. Atlanta has inquired about Kevin Love and might be open to moving OKC 1st for him is what he heard. This just adds fuel to the fire that Atlanta on the Collins rumor to me. No offer has been made and K. Love wants to play on a winning team but this just adds more fuel. My guess is if Adams trade falls off, these Plan C and D options could come into play. This could be a major coup for Cleveland who's been getting request for them to trade a 1st or several 2nds along with Love. POR has had serious interest in Love but aren't open to trading any value for him. 

giphy.gif

What does Love have in the tank?  He’s only 31, but there’s a lot of years on those legs.  He has had injury issues for the last 4 seasons.  In fact, it’s been 4 seasons since he played 70 plus games.  That contract runs through the 2022-2023 season as well.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

What does Love have in the tank?  He’s only 31, but there’s a lot of years on those legs.  He has had injury issues for the last 4 seasons.  In fact, it’s been 4 seasons since he played 70 plus games.  That contract runs through the 2022-2023 season as well.  

I am like you, Love is still a legit top 15 PF. I could care less his WAR and what not. He still executes exceptionally well, an elite shooter, and a very good rebounder. His defense is below average at this stage but I think he could be still a good 26-29 MPG starter. Not quite the level of a top 5-10 PF like John Collins but his value is still there offensively. 

3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Yeah I'd much rather have Adams/Collins than JJJ/Love. And that's not even taking into account that we'd have to give up a few first rounders for the latter duo. 

Seems like the Hawks would too as there is a standing offer. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Yeah I'd much rather have Adams/Collins than JJJ/Love. And that's not even taking into account that we'd have to give up a few first rounders for the latter duo. 

Adams and Collins together just isn’t a great fit.  

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am like you, Love is still a legit top 15 PF. I could care less his WAR and what not. He still executes exceptionally well, an elite shooter, and a very good rebounder. His defense is below average at this stage but I think he could be still a good 26-29 MPG starter. Not quite the level of a top 5-10 PF like John Collins but his value is still there offensively. 

Seems like the Hawks would too as there is a standing offer. 

Love’s shooting has rounded back to form this season.  In theory, he’d be a great fit alongside Trae.  Honestly, a Love/Adams pairing would be a very intriguing fit.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Adams and Collins together just isn’t a great fit.  

Not the best fit, you're probably right. But between the 2 options I mentioned, I'd take Adams and Collins, along with our first rounders. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Not the best fit, you're probably right. But between the 2 options I mentioned, I'd take Adams and Collins, along with our first rounders. 

Those first round picks aren’t even in the discussion for me, as I just don’t see a path to where those picks actually contributes to winning with this team.  It’s time to trade those picks for veterans that can help the team win now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Those first round picks aren’t even in the discussion for me, as I just don’t see a path to where those picks actually contributes to winning with this team.  It’s time to trade those picks for veterans that can help the team win now.

Oh yeah I agree with that. But if we're giving up multiple firsts and Collins, it better be a lot more than JJJ/Love. 

• Like 2