• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, JTB said:

We have one in John Collins at the 4. Supes trade scenario didn’t include Collins that’s the one I said I’d be ok with .

I don’t consider him a floor spacer.  He shoots the three around 25% of the time, and he hits 34% of those.  It’s not bad, but it’s not what I would call a floor spacer.

• Like 1

Just now, KB21 said:

I don’t consider him a floor spacer.  He shoots the three around 25% of the time, and he hits 34% of those.  It’s not bad, but it’s not what I would call a floor spacer.

Right but good enough for defenses to worry about.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Silly season as some call it.  Most of these rumors are teams posturing to get better deals. 

It is silly season, but when Woj tweets something out, you can bank on him hearing some concrete stuff about talks going on.  It’s like when Brett McMurphy tweets out college football coaching news.

• Like 2

Just now, KB21 said:

It is silly season, but when Woj tweets something out, you can bank on him hearing some concrete stuff about talks going on.  It’s like when Brett McMurphy tweets out college football coaching news.

Agreed I think the capela stuff is real. We just don’t know the complete framework of what’s actually being offered.

in fact any rumor of the hawks and any starting center I’m going to believe the hawks are seriously interested.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

1.  PIerce doesn’t feed the post in this offense, which is Adams’s strength.

2.  Adams isn’t a floor spacing big man.

3.  Collins and Adams are going to clog things up for each other.  

#1 - DEFINITELY.  He runs more post plays for Vince Carter than he does for his bigs. I hate that most of our offense is based off of Pick and Roll.  When people double Trae, no one else knows what to do on offense, because we don't have a secondary offense to go to.

#2 - True again.  Only 8 attempted threes in his entire career.

#3 - Not necessarily.  Collins' offensive game has been drifting more and more out to the perimeter.  But his bread and butter is the PnR in the lane, in which Adams lives.  So I'll say this is 50% correct.

Overall, it would shore up our rebounding issues.

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

#1 - DEFINITELY.  He runs more post plays for Vince Carter than he does for his bigs. I hate that most of our offense is based off of Pick and Roll.  When people double Trae, no one else knows what to do on offense, because we don't have a secondary offense to go to.

#2 - True again.  Only 8 attempted threes in his entire career.

#3 - Not necessarily.  Collins' offensive game has been drifting more and more out to the perimeter.  But his bread and butter is the PnR in the lane, in which Adams lives.  So I'll say this is 50% correct.

Overall, it would shore up our rebounding issues.

1. Adams game resolves around playmaking around the pinch post, PnR screening, off ball screening, and movement in general. Post ups are one of the things they use Adams the least unless the matchup is extremely favorable by the numbers. 

2. Of course

3. They are different types of PnR options. Adams can play the pinch and create for others. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bird_dirt said:

I think the Hawks are talking to about 29 other teams about their centers just to mess with everyone.

I think I told ya'll, Atlanta has called damn near everyone asked about the value of a center they covet. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This Clint Capela thing seems to have some legs, and it doesn’t appear to be involving John Collins at all.  

I am curious about the potential fit between Capela and Collins at the 4 and 5.  I can’t help but think something may happen in the off season or another trade before the deadline.  

Edited by KB21
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This Clint Capela thing seems to have some legs, and it doesn’t appear to be involving John Collins at all.  

I am curious about the potential fit between Capela and Collins at the 4 and 5.  I can’t help but think something may happen in the off season or another trade before the deadline.  

Great defensive fit for our overall personnel. Capela has tremendous defensive instincts but I wonder how good his positioning will be without their defensive QB (Tucker). What I like about Clint is he isn't all about athleticism anymore and is really about defending in space on switches. Probably the best switch defensive big in the NBA right now as it shows on his RAPTOR and WAR. 

His communication is where I wish he was better at. I don't think he will improve Kevin as much as Dedmon did on that end but he clearly helps Trae, John, and De'Andre. Cam will freaking love him. I am pretty sure Len will leave and go to Houston with this move opening up the backup center spot for Bruno. 

If you are running a switch scheme, I think he's as good as it gets. If you are running a complex scheme like Dallas, Utah, or Philly, I don't know if he's my guy. Atlanta is generally switch exclusively. He's going to be a life saver for Cam/Hunter. Watch their defensive value skyrocket overnight. He will help Trae a lot as Trae is extremely active but not really effective. Capela will help Trae out a ton. I personally like Adams more defensively overall but Capela is an elite at this specific scheme. Easily the best in the NBA right now for both 4s and 5s. 

Offensively, he's one of the best screen setters in the NBA. He also is a great offensive and defensive rebounder. He has good BBIQ on both ends. He has tremendous quickness for his size and position and knows where to be and how to seal and get there. He sets pretty decent off ball screens which opens up a lot of threes, especially for a limited movement based system with high DHO like Houston and potentially Atlanta. He is an elite PnR finisher and rim roller so that helps a ton. His best value offensively is his screening and screen gravity. He has simple but effective moves in the low post and can score with his back to the basket especially v. a mismatch. 

Weaknesses

Defensively, you get him to guard in space and isolate him with movement galore. He struggles with Golden State and at times Utah because of it. Movement based teams are not his friend as he isn't a great man defender nor is he good defensively in space. He can stick with you on a switch in space but in space constantly is where he gets in trouble and he doesn't have the acute defensive vision to see how to avoid it. That's why Tucker is so huge for them and even then, it wasn't enough. 

Offensively, his lack of range is criminal. He just doesn't have much outside of 8ft. I would say even less than Damian Jones in terms of range. It limits him to a rim roller and PnR option. He's not an awful passer but he's not someone you can call an action for to create for others. He's just limited offensively. He simply is best at just playing a role. Asking him to do too much just won't work. He's not Steven Adams or someone like that. 

His impact is obvious. He's elite at screen setting, rim running, PnR actions, switching on defense, stocks, rim and paint protection. His BBIQ is very high for his role and his athleticism is very good for his position. 

As for fit with John. I like Collins/Adams fit more but I like Capela/Trae/Hunter/Reddish fit the most. This helps Trae a ton. For John, I think any center that keeps him for having to play the 4 or be guarded by 5s helps him offensively and a rim protector helps as well on D. I just think him and Kevin would prefer a defensive anchor more. A communication wizard. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Schlenk won’t get Capela. He wants 5 tool players at all positions. Capela can’t shoot outside. 

Having said that, I do still love Adams. 

If you get Capela and the price is right, you take him. He is game changer defensively, especially if you put him with Cam/Hunter/Collins. You might be looking at a top 5 defense. 

Edited by NBASupes