• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

I’m curious.  There was a rumor that Atlanta and Cleveland had been talking about a deal during the draft that would have sent the #5 pick to Atlanta and could possibly be expanded to send Kevin Love to Atlanta.  If that’s the case, then it is possible that Travis Schlenk has had an interest in Kevin Love for some time now.  

hace 4 minutos, KB21 dijo:

Any deal made should have an answer to this question.  How does this deal help this team NOW?

Sorry that makes no sense, we go nowhere this season, we own one of the 3 worst records and ha a shot as a legit star in Edwards or Wiseman, why risk that chance for not making the playoffs? Sorry makes no sense. We are still on year 2 of the rebuild process, patience is a need, this summer is the summer to get immediate help for a young roster but first you need to know the pieces you have unless something you cannot reject is offered. Love is not that, Adams neither although for the right price... JJJ might be.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I’m curious.  There was a rumor that Atlanta and Cleveland had been talking about a deal during the draft that would have sent the #5 pick to Atlanta and could possibly be expanded to send Kevin Love to Atlanta.  If that’s the case, then it is possible that Travis Schlenk has had an interest in Kevin Love for some time now.  

It was awhile ago but there was interest from Atlanta for Love but not for any picks, just in general. There was interest in him as a smallball 5. Not sure that interest remains. 

Just now, gurpilo said:

Sorry that makes no sense, we go nowhere this season, we own one of the 3 worst records and ha a shot as a legit star in Edwards or Wiseman, why risk that chance for not making the playoffs? Sorry makes no sense. We are still on year 2 of the rebuild process, patience is a need, this summer is the summer to get immediate help for a young roster but first you need to know the pieces you have unless something you cannot reject is offered. Love is not that, Adams neither although for the right price... JJJ might be.

Neither one of those players are legit stars at this point.  They are nothing more than a wish and prayer right now.  Neither player will help this team win in 2021.  Keeping that pick is just adding more youth to the mix, and that doesn’t help this team win.

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Jay got it. 

JJJ for Brooklyn 1st and Collins but I personally think TS will be willing to give our 1st instead of Brooklyn if it comes down to it. Not both though. It will be more players involved though like Kyle Anderson and Alex Len.

You got it 100% of Love. 

OKay, Supes 

That is Indian smoke because there is no way that we are going to give up a potentially a top pick in a draft even if Its a weak draft, Collins that build a rapport with Trae and all that cap space for a K-Love that is removed from the glory years from T-Wolves and JJJ who is a okay player but not a type of player to give up any picks on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think we might do something like McRae, Bullock.... even Adams.... Most chances for me is that we stay pat

I doubt it.  With OKC pushing for the playoffs, I think Adams stays put.  The Hawks likely won't make any moves until they know where their pick will land and if the Brooklyn pick conveys.  This being a weak draft will make trading the pick for established talent a bit tricky.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Neither one of those players are legit stars at this point.  They are nothing more than a wish and prayer right now.  Neither player will help this team win in 2021.  Keeping that pick is just adding more youth to the mix, and that doesn’t help this team win.

I'm inclined to agree here.  I don't think anyone saw Trae becoming the player he is, let alone in year two.  That's going to put alot of pressure on the Hawks to get guys who can contribute sooner rather than later.  No matter where their pick lands, I think they try to move it.

23 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I disagree completely that Wiseman ir Edwards is a legit star. Not even close actually. There doesn't appear to be ANY immediate impact player in this draft. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

OKay, Supes 

That is Indian smoke because there is no way that we are going to give up a potentially a top pick in a draft even if Its a weak draft, Collins that build a rapport with Trae and all that cap space for a K-Love that is removed from the glory years from T-Wolves and JJJ who is a okay player but not a type of player to give up any picks on.

JJJ is better than any player we can get in this draft.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think you're going to be in a bit of a minority at least at this point. Right now I couldn't care less about anybody at the top of this draft, even Wiseman has his fair share of questions despite him playing a grand total of 3 games. As of today I'd be pretty hot on trading out when you get to the draft. The deal will need to make sense, but I still would rather go that way.

9 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Still don't think it happens.

I wouldn’t mind capela though ...he’s overpaid but I like what he brings in terms of rebounding and defense. Plus he’s a pretty good screener offensively and can switch on to the perimeter effectively on defense.

the only gripe about him is that he’s not a traditional center size however he hasn’t seem to have had too many problems with holding his own despite his modern era size 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Still don't think it happens.

I am extremely worried about this one. Houston wanted Collins and not Brooklyn's 1st when I asked. Even if they are willing to add a 1st and what not, it's still a shitty deal to me.