• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

• Admin
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't think they want Turner that bad or Collins for Turner would have happened awhile ago. 

I know they want JJJ. He's a perfect offensive fit. Turner really isn't. He doesn't shoot as well as Collins while Collins is a much better scorer. 

JJJ isn't the scorer Collins but he's a superior shooter and defender. That appeals to Atlanta. 

It seems like Atlanta values Turner A LOT but with Collins while Atlanta values JJJ enough to trade Collins. 

I like the idea of JJJ ... however we do have to also get a rebounder as well.  Cam/Hunter/JJJ are not rebounders

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Chances are, the player Atlanta takes with this high pick isn’t going to be worth it either.  

im trading that pick for immediate help in a heartbeat.  

I know you are. As weak as Turner is at rebounding, I am not thrilled with the idea of him 6.0 TRB and JJJ 4.7 TRB being paired together at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, capstone21 said:

I like the idea of JJJ ... however we do have to also get a rebounder as well.  Cam/Hunter/JJJ are not rebounders

No matter what, the plan is to sign Harrell in the offseason. That's going to be Atlanta big signing. All signs lead to that move but my guy specifically said, they want him as a backup big like he is with the Clippers. Maybe Atlanta could be on the market for Gallinari as well this summer to add to JJJ, Hunter, Reddish, Kevin, and Young. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

No matter what, the plan is to sign Harrell in the offseason. That's going to be Atlanta big signing. All signs lead to that move but my guy specifically said, they want him as a backup big like he is with the Clippers. Maybe Atlanta could be on the market for Gallinari as well this summer to add to JJJ, Hunter, Reddish, Kevin, and Young. 

I like Harrell off the bench and I hope Charlotte goes all in on Drummond or Whiteside, so we can get him with less market competition.

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I like Harrell off the bench and I hope Charlotte goes all in on Drummond or Whiteside, so we can get him with less market competition.

No one can compete with Atlanta. Atlanta has 40 more million to spend than everyone on the market

If we do swing lower think that Marvin backing up JC can work because he can defend the PF and sounds like the path of least resistance for trading. We played him out of position when he was here. Will be crazy surprised if anything does happen with Collins at all. But hey at least there is stuff going on with TS and that cellphone. So who will actually be our starting C a week from now? Interesting few days ahead no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No one can compete with Atlanta. Atlanta has 40 more million to spend than everyone on the market

No shit Supes 🤣. I am talking about a max or near being thrown at Harrell instead of Drummond or Whiteside. Charlotte can do that and then we get outbid. I don't think Travis is stupid enough to pay 30 million for Harrell but I will never call Charlotte smart when it comes to their money.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Haha 3

The Trae-JJJ PnP would be pretty nasty. The reason I didn't like JJJ over Trae in the draft was because I didn't think JJJ could be an offensive centerpiece to a team. He very well could be a defensive centerpiece and I much rather have him than Turner if i'm giving up Collins.

@NBASupes More info on why Memphis would do this trade? I kinda don't get it from their standpoint unless they don't value JJJ as highly as I think they should with Ja.

37 minutes ago, GameTime said:

The Trae-JJJ PnP would be pretty nasty. The reason I didn't like JJJ over Trae in the draft was because I didn't think JJJ could be an offensive centerpiece to a team. He very well could be a defensive centerpiece and I much rather have him than Turner if i'm giving up Collins.

@NBASupes More info on why Memphis would do this trade? I kinda don't get it from their standpoint unless they don't value JJJ as highly as I think they should with Ja.

If MEM has him available, I'd think that was a red flag.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If MEM has him available, I'd think that was a red flag.

I think it’s as a simple as they not believing that JJJ is a power forward. Like supes said Collins is a better scoring big man though JJJ is a better shooter.

47 minutes ago, GameTime said:

PnP would be better than Trae and Collins but not PnR. Overall I think Collins is more reliable more versatile on plays that involve the screener 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No shit Supes 🤣. I am talking about a max or near being thrown at Harrell instead of Drummond or Whiteside. Charlotte can do that and then we get outbid. I don't think Travis is stupid enough to pay 30 million for Harrell but I will never call Charlotte smart when it comes to their money.

They have potentially  30 million but they don't want to use it all on one player. 

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

PnP would be better than Trae and Collins but not PnR. Overall I think Collins is more reliable more versatile on plays that involve the screener 

PnR is better than the PnP. The issue is Collins is better but a worse fit for Trae due to his defense. Collins can do both the PnR at an elite rate and the PnP at a high rate. Collins is offensively better. JJJ is defensively better especially for our switch based defense. It's all about preference. JJJ value is based on his defense and positional versatility which Collins lacks.

Just now, NBASupes said:

They have potentially  30 million but they don't want to use it all on one player. 

We will see about that. I think they want Drummond in the worse way. They are probably foolish enough to think he will be the missing piece along with their draft picks. I think they have a long ways to go.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I was told that there are people within the org at the highest level who think offense is the biggest need for Ja. To get someone who's elite at the PnR and PnP, while being able to rebound and defend has tremendous value. If you look across the league, there just aren't that many high end 4s available. Collins is one of them. 

JJJ issue is rebounding, foul trouble and consistency. Three things John is normally tremendous at. Also, they would like to get another high end draft pick. If this does happen, I would imagine our 1st will be in the deal and unprotected. 

It's about your superstar. Collins might be a perfect fit for Morant but just a great fit for Trae. While JJJ is a good fit for Morant but they might covet a great fit and you can add an asset as well, why not, if it happens. 

But like you said, JJJ has more value on the trade market than Collins simply due to his two way potential and fit in the modern game even if he's not a #1 or #2 option type.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

We will see about that. I think they want Drummond in the worse way. They are probably foolish enough to think he will be the missing piece along with their draft picks. I think they have a long ways to go.

Drummond is likely returning to Detroit. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Hunter/JJJ upfront gets destroyed on the boards. Bad idea.

All indications is Hunter and Reddish are the wings of the future. Parker, whoever they trade for Parker, VC, will be the PFs for the rest of the year if John is moved for JJJ

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was told that there are people within the org at the highest level who think offense is the biggest need for Ja. To get someone who's elite at the PnR and PnP, while being able to rebound and defend has tremendous value. If you look across the league, there just aren't that many high end 4s available. Collins is one of them. 

JJJ issue is rebounding, foul trouble and consistency. Three things John is normally tremendous at. Also, they would like to get another high end draft pick. If this does happen, I would imagine our 1st will be in the deal and unprotected. 

It's about your superstar. Collins might be a perfect fit for Morant but just a great fit for Trae. While JJJ is a good fit for Morant but they might covet a great fit and you can add an asset as well, why not, if it happens. 

But like you said, JJJ has more value on the trade market than Collins simply due to his two way potential and fit in the modern game even if he's not a #1 or #2 option type.

So Collins + 2020 Unprotected ATL 1st for JJJ?

I get Collins fit with any good point guard. I even posted on that other board I thought Collins vs JJJ is a toss up and depends on your team build.

With JJJ you absolutely need good rebounders around him.

With Collins you absolutely need a rim protector around him.