• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

science.gif

Kidding, bro.  But I'm over here like, "Who's on first?"

Sounds like we'd be shipping out the toxin in exchange for a useful player.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Z. Smith from PHI.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Meanwhile, Schlank 'n his boys'll be all ...

lol.gif

Answering previous question. It would be something like Adam's for Turner+Jones. They want Len and would probably jump on http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t7k7z9k. But right now the Len deal is too valuable to add in as fodder.

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Turner + salary match to make it work for max cap savings. Everyone wants Len because his salary is low.

I think what he is asking is what would OKC need to do the Adams trade to meet Atlanta's goals while giving OKC that Brooklyn 1st 

I know OKC has offered Gallinari but I don't know if Adams/Gallo is enough to get Atlanta to want to move that pick. 

I would imagine Atlanta might want protections on the 2021 extended from 1 to 2 or 3 seasons plus Gallo/Adams

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Answering previous question. It would be something like Adam's for Turner+Jones. They want Len and would probably jump on http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=t7k7z9k. But right now the Len deal is too valuable to add in as fodder.

Supes question is my question ^

Edited by macdaddy

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I think what he is asking is what would OKC need to do the Adams trade to meet Atlanta's goals while giving OKC that Brooklyn 1st 

I know OKC has offered Gallinari but I don't know if Adams/Gallo is enough to get Atlanta to want to move that pick. 

I would imagine Atlanta might want protections on the 2021 extended from 1 to 2 or 3 seasons plus Gallo/Adams

To me, there would have to be some assurances from the Galinari camp that he will resign with the Hawks.  If he is willing to sign an extension, then heck yeah!  Do that deal!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

In all seriousness though. Turner at 2 million is worthwhile bench player for a contender. Emergency fill guy.

But what if he gets miffed at his lack of minutes?

Shiiii, thread turning into 'Ask the campster'.

Trust me, the 'ask kg' thread would be just as informative but nowhere near as useful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The issue isn't Atlanta interest in Adams or the players to make the deal work. 

It's OKC wanting that Brooklyn 1st that Atlanta shown no interest into moving. OKC is actually okay with just getting their pick back but it's more about getting max rebuilding value is what Presti is looking it.

I can trade Adams to Atlanta and get our 2021 fully back and get two 2nds for Gallo or I can get a 15-18 pick 1st rounder for both. Simply value says package them both. 

The question is, will Atlanta do it. They have a willingness to make a move but to what extent. That's what Atlanta and OKC are working on right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It's OKC wanting that Brooklyn 1st that Atlanta shown no interest into moving. OKC is actually okay with just getting their pick back but it's more about getting max rebuilding value is what Presti is looking it.

I can trade Adams to Atlanta and get our 2021 fully back and get two 2nds for Gallo or I can get a 15-18 pick 1st rounder for both. Simply value says package them both. 

The question is, will Atlanta do it. They have a willingness to make a move but to what extent. That's what Atlanta and OKC are working on right now.

Man very good breakdown and informative. I hope a deal gets made as well as some commitments 

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But what if he gets miffed at his lack of minutes?

Shiiii, thread turning into 'Ask the campster'.

Trust me, the 'ask kg' thread would be just as informative but nowhere near as useful.

His miffed at minutes because he's trying to make that new contract. But helping a contender win a title, even in limited minutes, is a money maker.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If Adam's were on a friendlier contract (say 15 to 18 mil) they might ship the first, but not at his salary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had no clue we had a good handful of you all that have connections inside the hawks org.

i know some won’t believe it but I’m not one of them. I think that’s absolutely the coolest thing ever.

i once had a connection for the Indianapolis colts...lol real talk long story short I just didn’t give a damn enough to try to get the scoop on anything unless it was Falcons related which he gave little to no info on.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

If Adam's were on a friendlier contract (say 15 to 18 mil) they might ship the first, but not at his salary.

Right but I think if we go ahead and eat his salary now we can retain him the next off season for his real worth between 15-18 mil and he will still be relatively young somewhat 

4 minutes ago, thecampster said:

That's what the industry is saying too. He's Bazemore status last year in November where he would get value back if he was making 8 million instead of 18 million

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I think I might do it for our own 2021 first rounder, perhaps top 10 protected, for Adams/Gallo.  I can see the value for both teams.  It's a tough call, versus going for Harrell or targeting a C in the draft.  I can't imagine we would still have interest in a Harrell deal if we did this.

• Like 1