• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ask Supes

NBASupes

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Well cat is out of the bag it seems.  They are talking with 3 teams as I understand it. So the value from the Hawks end is the buyout potential of moving the big contracts. That if moved Turner would get bought out and will immediately be resigned elsewhere saving our trade partner a few million. Hang ups (as always) are what we include and get back. It isn't a bidding war but multiple teams are asking for the purpose of waving him and getting an asset. Similar talks were being had involving Parsons which is why we played him about a month ago (to show he was healthy). It did not go well, his foot speed and reaction time was deplorable. If insurance kicks in it could free up a bit more cap space to make this all work.

And I would have elaborated yesterday but barely have time to breathe right now.

This is sounding more like a salary dump rather than a trade that can help this team now.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is sounding more like a salary dump rather than a trade that can help this team now.

This won't be a salary dump for Atlanta. 

Campster is providing details I don't even have so I am all ears.

Edited by NBASupes

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This won't be a salary dump for Atlanta. 

Campster is providing details I don't even have so I am all ears.

Well, what I’m seeing is that Atlanta is interested in Steven Adams but not really interested in giving up the Brooklyn pick.  Then, I see that they may move Evan Turner for an asset so the team getting him can buy him out.

Player a goes to team x. Player is on 1 year salary.  Team x trades player on 3 year salary to do so therefore clearing space going forward. Team x buys out player a.  Team y signs player a after the buyout to a vet minimum deal. A portion of that amount is removed from team x salary cap, therefore getting them under or closer to the LT. Yes teams give us better players to do this.  So we send out 18.5 mill salary plus 3 million filler. We take back 25 mil salary. We saved team x 3.5 million in LT but up to 15 million in penalty. Same team waves 18.5 mil salary. Vet resigns for 2 million. Team x saves Nother million+ in cap but 5 million more in penalty. That's how it works. Next year team x has 25 million less against the cap to play with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Well, what I’m seeing is that Atlanta is interested in Steven Adams but not really interested in giving up the Brooklyn pick.  Then, I see that they may move Evan Turner for an asset so the team getting him can buy him out.

Atlanta has shown no interest in Adams for that pick. That's why OKC is offering more so they can get that pick. That doesn't mean Atlanta will accept it but now the deal is closer than it was is all.

At the end of the day, Atlanta could land Adams and not trade the pick

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Player a goes to team x. Player is on 1 year salary.  Team x trades player on 3 year salary to do so therefore clearing space going forward. Team x buys out player a.  Team y signs player a after the buyout to a vet minimum deal. A portion of that amount is removed from team x salary cap, therefore getting them under or closer to the LT. Yes teams give us better players to do this.  So we send out 18.5 mill salary plus 3 million filler. We take back 25 mil salary. We saved team x 3.5 million in LT but up to 15 million in penalty. Same team waves 18.5 mil salary. Vet resigns for 2 million. Team x saves Nother million+ in cap but 5 million more in penalty. That's how it works. Next year team x has 25 million less against the cap to play with.

ElderlyPalatableKusimanse-size_restricte

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Who are the players you are hearing about in this potential deal? (Key players)

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators

You're spot on with OKC. Haven't heard Denver. Have heard contacts with Chi, NY, Det went no where. Charlotte, Miami, Philly Phoenix have all inquired. Also Len talks cooled off after back strain. Multiple asked for him to be included to replace any big they sent.

OKC wants the brooklyn first.  What would it take other than Adams for Atlanta to send it?  another good player?  another pick?  or is it off the table.?

Just now, thecampster said:

,.but a turner buyout deal is the hottest commodity right now and he'd get signed by a contender before his gear was packed.

Really?  Portland isn't a contender.  Who wants him and why?

Just now, macdaddy said:

OKC wants the brooklyn first.  What would it take other than Adams for Atlanta to send it?  another good player?  another pick?  or is it off the table.?

Turner + salary match to make it work for max cap savings. Everyone wants Len because his salary is low.

You're spot on with OKC. Haven't heard Denver. Have heard contacts with Chi, NY, Det went no where. Charlotte, Miami, Philly Phoenix have all inquired. Also Len talks cooled off after back strain. Multiple asked for him to be included to replace any big they sent.

Chicago died over a month ago. That was dead end central. They want too much for their assets.

Charlotte and Philly are the most likely of the remaining teams but you said it best. Len was the target and for Philly, still is.

Atlanta's willingness to help teams with LT issues is gonna come handy in a couple weeks. Len coming back will too.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

science.gif

Kidding, bro.  But I'm over here like, "Who's on first?"

Sounds like we'd be shipping out the toxin in exchange for a useful player.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Z. Smith from PHI.

• Haha 3