• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Houston Rocket--This kind of involves us

Wurider05

Do you all realize what they are trying to do? Do you think that it will or could work?  They basically played better when Clint was hurt and is under the belief that they don't need a big man. I am not going to lie.........they have my interest.  They are daring teams to beat their small ball. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

Do you all realize what they are trying to do? Do you think that it will or could work?  They basically played better when Clint was hurt and is under the belief that they don't need a big man. I am not going to lie.........they have my interest.  They are daring teams to beat their small ball. 

Which teams did they play? Sounds good for the regular season. Check again during the playoffs.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which teams did they play? Sounds good for the regular season. Check again during the playoffs.

Most of the games they played without Capela have been home games.
11-15 -  vs IND - Myles Turner did not play 
11- 16 - @ Min
11-27 - VS MIA  - Jimmy Butler did not play
11-30 vs Atl - Parker and Jones started that game lol - no Collins
12-28 vs BRK - No Kyrie
12- 29 @ NOP    - Rockets lost this one.
1- 11 vs MIN - Towns did not play
1-27 @ UTA 
1-31 VS DAl - no Luka
2-2  vs NOP
2-4 -VS CHO

• Thanks 1

Regular season paper tiger move.

Will be eggsposed in the playoffs.

Imagine ol thick-neck Tucker banging with Jokic for a 7game series.  Then, if they pass, doing the same vs LAL or LAC.

Not a recipe for success.

Even more than that though, they lack overall depth.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Good start for Houston but I'm skeptical like many others.  If Houston does it, more power to them.  But I'd bet against it.  D'Antoni's system tends to work much better in the regular season than the playoffs.  He exploits openings in defenses to get a nice volume of shots and outscore you but teams make adjustments in the playoffs that they don't in the regular season and his teams typically have a harder time adjusting than the opposition does.  

Whether it pays off for them or not, this trade will go down as a win for Atlanta. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I liked D'aontoni's Suns more so than these Rockets teams. Much more fun to watch than the iso heavy Rockets. I firmly believe if the Sun's had made it work with Joe Johnson, they would have had a dynasty. Nash, Stoudemire, and Joe all in their prime would have been sick.

Was a ton of fun to watch. The lynch pin up front though had to have that micro fracture surgery stuff. Had no idea it would all collapse so fast after that.