• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC article on Cam's improvement and Vince's role in it---Good Read!!!

Wurider05

What's clear for Cam is the game is slowing down and his feel for the game is MILES better than it was in OCT and NOV. Still has aways to go but my goodness. He's back on his high end track. 

His offensive metrics has shot up since Nov by like 5-6 points. Defensively, he is still the same defender but his metrics have dropped as the units he has been with has been disappointing. This should improve when Capela returns. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, thecampster said:

From the article "They also worked on staying balanced, not rushing and trying to shoot the same way every time."

Must have been reading the Squawk since we flagged that issue very early on for him.  His form has definitely improved.  Still more work to do but the big hope is that his gains are sustained.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Carter, playing in his NBA-record 22nd season, had noticed some extra wiggle and movement in the long 6-foot-8 Reddish’s game (Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce had previously pointed out Reddish wasn’t always “shot-ready,”) and worked with him one-on-one to tighten his footwork and shooting motion. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, AHF said:

Must have been reading the Squawk since we flagged that issue very early on for him.  His form has definitely improved.  Still more work to do but the big hope is that his gains are sustained.

Let’s give LP some credit. He was talking about that from the beginning of the season (at least). It can just take time for players to consistently implement things.

Edited by High5
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, High5 said:

Let’s give LP some credit. He was talking about that from the beginning of the season. It just takes time for players to consistently implement some things.

Bad timing. That's not going to happen around these parts right now. The pitchforks and torches are out and many are ready to send LP, Trae, and Collins packing.🤣

But seriously, the patience with the rebuild many were stressing a week ago has all but gone. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hawkman said:

Bad timing. That's not going to happen around these parts right now. The pitchforks and torches are out and many are ready to send LP, Trae, and Collins packing.🤣

But seriously, the patience with the rebuild many were stressing a week ago has all but gone. 

I'm still patient...only those who are trying to force feed the playoffs this year are impatient and have a sky is falling approach.

In less that 6 months John has gone from being the Modern Day Karl Malone to only worth Mikal Bridges in trade. 

I said when John returned, he wouldn't fix all that ailed the team, just like Capela won't fix all our defensive issues. Each player has to do their part on that end. It's easier for some than others.

For the remaining games of the season, yes, I would like to see a decent win/loss record - what I want to see more is improvement in team and individual play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm still patient...only those who are trying to force feed the playoffs this year are impatient and have a sky is falling approach.

In less that 6 months John has gone from being the Modern Day Karl Malone to only worth Mikal Bridges in trade. 

I said when John returned, he wouldn't fix all that ailed the team, just like Capela won't fix all our defensive issues. Each player has to do their part on that end. It's easier for some than others.

For the remaining games of the season, yes, I would like to see a decent win/loss record - what I want to see more is improvement in team and individual play.

My expectations were modest when John got back, 40% minimum winning percentage. We did not get that; 9 and 17 which is about 34%. I am kind of giving LP a pass with the other injuries but he needs to get something right after the All-Star Break.

With Capela, Dedmon, and Teague, the excuses are over. If he can't get 40 - 50% winning percentage with this team, he needs to bite the bullet and resign.

25 minutes ago, hawkman said:

AHF doesn't fall into that camp and I'm sure he wasn't being serious here, but I know some people really believe LP is incapable of immediately recognizing the most basic of mechanical issues. 

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This was based off of last year's success. Teams have blown up the PnR and forcing John to either create on the block or shoot threes. Neither of which has been effective. 

Defensively, he was protecting himself as the anchor with Jones and Bruno. He would have Bruno and Jones defend on the perimeter while he anchored the paint. It made you feel John made improvements defensively when in reality, he just got himself into foul trouble a lot. 

With Len and Dedmon, it's clear why he struggled so much because those two generally anchor and he can't defend in space. I just don't know how it can be a help to us on that end if Capela and Dedmon are obvious anchors.

I am extremely optimistic on this team but John and I have felt out of favor. I don't see it no more. I still see it for Kevin but as a backup. I still see it with Hunter and likely will till I don't which won't happen till his 3rd year. But John, I don't see it. Harrell needs to replace him. @AHF may push for both but I see the writing on the wall. We can't maintain both long term. Somebody gotta go.