• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins has to PROVE more! Sorry but the clock starts now...

JTB

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I kinda blame the Hawks organization for not squashing this misconception strong enough!   They come out very strong in their defense of their core but not Collins.  I wonder why?

What have the Hawks Organization (TS or LP or the Owner) actually SAID about the core that didn't include Collins specifically?

there have been articles by different beat writers etc about the Hawks willingness to give Collins a max, even our own Supes said as much....but Hawks?

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

What have the Hawks Organization (TS or LP or the Owner) actually SAID about the core that didn't include Collins specifically?

Even thru @NBASupes reporting, the organization make is clear that the core is off limits.  When all of these wild trades for John are proposed, I don't see the same vigorous denials so they continue.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Even thru @NBASupes reporting, the organization make is clear that the core is off limits.  When all of these wild trades for John are proposed, I don't see the same vigorous denials so they continue.

I'm not seeing the Hawks organization weigh in on any of these things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

From who?  The Hawks haven't commented on any of the speculation.

if you mean the Squawk....you have not been following closely enough.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From who?  The Hawks haven't commented on any of the speculation.

if you mean the Squawk....you have not been following closely enough.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta isn't trading any of the core 7 so yeah, he's not coming to Atlanta

Rumors!  Rumors!  What do we see?  Huerter, Hunter and Collins all going to Boston so that we can sign someone, a free agent.  We must give away these three and trade Capela, since we drafted a center.

:search:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Collins is include in the Core 7: Trae, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter, Collins (this was the original Core 5)...now add Capela and Gwu...that's 7.  So I'm not following.

Do they consider Collins a core piece?  Why all of the trade talk?  Why all the speculation by everyone in the media that Collins will be traded while no one else is mentioned in trade talk outside of this message board.

• Premium Member
Just now, Gray Mule said:

Because the other teams wants Collins and hopes to talk their way into a trade for him.

:smug:

They inquire about Trae, Reddish and Hunter too but this never makes it to the headlines because Atlanta makes it clear that they are off limits.  Shouldn't they do the same with John?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Do they consider Collins a core piece?  Why all of the trade talk?  Why all the speculation by everyone in the media that Collins will be traded while no one else is mentioned in trade talk outside of this message board.

The 'Core 5' started by Kirscher in reference to the meeting LP had with Trae, Huerter, Reddish, Hunter and Collins after the trade deadline to discuss the future.

At the deadline lots of teams called about Collins (and were rebuffed) since their was a report that Hawks may not be willing to max him, wether true or not, that has been out in the ethers since that time.  We draft a big so the assumption is Collins is again available. 

His RFA status makes him an easy topic for trades.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

They inquire about Trae, Reddish and Hunter too but this never makes it to the headlines because Atlanta makes it clear that they are off limits.  Shouldn't they do the same with John?

You'd have to point me to an article where a team inquired about Trae, Reddish or Hunter and the Hawks made it clear they were unavailable.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You'd have to point me to an article where a team inquired about Trae, Reddish or Hunter and the Hawks made it clear they were unavailable.

So let me get this straight...You aren't convinced that teams inquire about the availability of those 3?

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1) JC is the first guy due a huge payday.

2) JC is not a superstar level player so there will always be some question about giving him that huge payday. 

The Hawks have nothing to do with people speculating on the internet. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

We've seen articles and trade speculation about two players:

Huerter and Collins

Huerter is one year away from his expiration season while Collins is starting the last year of his deal now.  It is not unlikely that the proximity to FA is a big factor in media scenarios and speculation.  

I haven't seen the Hawks comment on any of these articles.

Very few articles are written about guys coming off their rookie seasons unless they are complete busts that teams may want to unload.  Likewise, I think Trae is viewed as untouchable and so is naturally not part of these kinds of speculative pieces.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, High5 said:

1) JC is the first guy due a huge payday.

2) JC is not a superstar level player so there will always be some question about giving him that huge payday. 

The Hawks have nothing to do with people speculating on the internet. 

This doesn't make any sense...There are plenty of players due large paydays like Jayson Tatum but there is no speculation in the media that Boston will trade him.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is my point.  Why isn't John considered an untouchable?

The media in general undervalues John. He isn't seen as an efficent 20/10 pf who continues to develop his offense and defense. They see him as just a rim roller who Trae Young elevates. Alot of people actually think he's a center. Plus he missed alot of games so not many people have watched him. I predict the same will happen with Hunter in the future since people will think he and Cam overlap even though Cam is more of a sg at this point.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Because he isn't considered an automatic full max guy.

Is Markkenen an automatic max.  Otto Porter got his max without discussion...was he worth it?  Is there much of a difference in production between Tatum and Collins?  Are there trade discussions all over the internet about him?  Someone from the Hawks organization is leaking his availability.  It can't just be writer making stuff up.