• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins has to PROVE more! Sorry but the clock starts now...

JTB

• 3 weeks later...

If John says he going to do something to improve, I trust him to make it happen. If he can work on his game to at become versatile like he's talking, we'll be a good team no doubt. I find it dumb though that they can't get clearances for workouts. If players are willing to consent, what is the problem for the NBAPA? I'd rather know our guys can practice than see YouTube clips of them playing in random gyms. At least one environment is controlled to some level.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

"But we could probably use a few older vets"

You can say that again........

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good Read above.

A couple of things stick out to me:

The guys are motivated and hungry it seems. Missing the bubble and playoff is really challenging them.

JC knows they need vet leadership on this roster.

I love how he painted the picture that for potential FA's, anyone who needs shots, he is not getting in the way of that.

He also slid in a little dig that whoever they add hopefully plays defense too. Funny, but scary that everyone in the building knows they are trash on defense. 

I think there is more respect for Bruno among the young guys as part of the core than we may realize on the outside, something to keep an eye on if he in fact does take a leap next season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Good Read above.

A couple of things stick out to me:

The guys are motivated and hungry it seems. Missing the bubble and playoff is really challenging them.

JC knows they need vet leadership on this roster.

I love how he painted the picture that for potential FA's, anyone who needs shots, he is not getting in the way of that.

He also slid in a little dig that whoever they add hopefully plays defense too. Funny, but scary that everyone in the building knows they are trash on defense. 

I think there is more respect for Bruno among the young guys as part of the core than we may realize on the outside, something to keep an eye on if he in fact does take a leap next season.

With the additional of Capela, Bruno should get to play more PF where there should be more feasting, less getting punked.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 11:38 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

Hawks may have quietly obtained a real jewel in a second round pick.  They did trade up to take him and we all know about Travis and his scouting crew and how their work shines.

:smug:

If he's that good, it's another strength for our 2nd string which was awful last season !!

:sun:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Hawks may have quietly obtained a real jewel in a second round pick.  They did trade up to take him and we all know about Travis and his scouting crew and how their work shines.

:smug:

If he's that good, it's another strength for our 2nd string which was awful last season !!

:sun:

Yep. People forget, Bruno was a lottery pick on most boards before the draft..

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Yep. People forget, Bruno was a lottery pick on most boards before the draft..

I don't think this is accurate.  I think it was a rare draft board that had him in the late lottery and vast majority had him in the 20-40 range.

His projection as a late first round or early second round pick likely results from the impression that his ceiling is that of a role player. 

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/5/30/18640565/bruno-fernando-atlanta-hawks-2019-nba-draft-scouting-report-maryland

Bruno Fernando is projected to go in between the mid-first or early second round of the 2019 NBA Draft. 

https://lastwordonsports.com/basketball/2019/06/05/bruno-fernando-nba-draft-player-profile/

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think this is accurate.  I think it was a rare draft board that had him in the late lottery and vast majority had him in the 20-40 range.

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2019/5/30/18640565/bruno-fernando-atlanta-hawks-2019-nba-draft-scouting-report-maryland

https://lastwordonsports.com/basketball/2019/06/05/bruno-fernando-nba-draft-player-profile/

#10 on their BIg board

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/bruno-fernando/

• Like 2